• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• B35 via Church

Top Posters In This Topic

It really pisses me off when people ask why does Manhattan have buses? Everyone takes the train. The train can take you but so far

Look at the M14A and D. They are one of Manhattan's routes with the highest ridership, because there is NO subway in the LES/East Villiage.

Edited by Quill Depot

God I have never seen a so called "veteran" driver drive so ****** slow before in my life! Commute almost doubled in time!!?!?! Unbelievable... I mean I understand safety and all but give me a break. Takes the longest way possible, pulls into stops to try to pull in further when he's already pulled into the stop. Just open the bloody door. I mean you've already pulled into the stop right at the curb. People want to get to work while you're already at work. I always allot extra time for traffic too, but anything over 45 minutes is just going overboard, especially when traffic isn't all that bad. He doesn't even drive when he has open space and green lights!! I mean really. He must eat up all of his break time. I hate getting cranky too because he speaks to everyone and all but just please try to go over 10 mph! It's called express service for a reason. <_<

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I don't know if this was mentioned already on another thread, but 4710 has a farebox in it. I noticed it as I was sitting inside of it today admiring the new seating arrangement (which btw is a lot better than that of the LFSA). No radio yet though, but radios are usually not too far away from farebox installation.

I don't know if this was mentioned already on another thread, but 4710 has a farebox in it. I noticed it as I was sitting inside of it today admiring the new seating arrangement (which btw is a lot better than that of the LFSA). No radio yet though, but radios are usually not too far away from farebox installation.

whats the seating arrangment now??

So she's back at Zerega?

Huh? 4707 is a D60?? Is that bus renumbered? The D60's I have seen are either from the 1000s, 1100s 5200s and onward. I saw 4707 on the Bx1 on Tuesday morning.

I'm assuming you didnt see the other threads about it...some buses fot renumbered to 4705-4709 since the LFSA order now starts out at 5253

Guest MTA Bus

I've noticed that a lot of the OG Hybrids have the MTA Bus logo in the same location as the NGs. It's like they're trying to make the OGs into 2nd rate NGs.

Those LFS's are having problems with their signs only the route number show and sometimes the Destination shows up. Today I saw 5 Q88 with this problem. The LFS is not a bad bus but I don't think NYC is the perfect place for them.

That's a sign programming problem. That has little to do with the bus itself.

s46 castleton

instead of

s46 via castleton

I don't think that's an error. There are other cities that do it like that, because it gets the point across that the route is (in this case), the Castleton Avenue bus. There was an article on humantransit.org that talked about whether it's more important for the bus to show the destination sign, or the main street it travels on.

So say you lived in Mariners' Harbor and were new to the bus system. If you see the bus flashing "Castleton", then you get the idea that "there's a bus that runs along Castleton Avenue from this neighborhood". (I guess putting "via" would kind of distract you from the part that says Castleton. I dunno.)

But in other words, I don't think it's an error.