• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I took a trip to Eastchester Depot. I saw a lot of the 1900 series MCIs buses in the lot and some of the older D60HFs. Also, I saw a couple Orion Vs, like 5894 and 134. There were a lot of ex Command Bus Lines Orion CNG there as well, as well as ex Triboro Coach and Queens Surface CNGs as well. There were a lot of TMCs there as well. Luckly, the Vikings are still there ... for now.

Yesterday, I took a trip to Eastchester Depot. I saw a lot of the 1900 series MCIs buses in the lot and some of the older D60HFs. Also, I saw a couple Orion Vs, like 5894 and 134. There were a lot of ex Command Bus Lines Orion CNG there as well, as well as ex Triboro Coach and Queens Surface CNGs as well. There were a lot of TMCs there as well. Luckly, the Vikings are still there ... for now.

How was the area? Was it easy to access, 'cause I noticed there's the big highway next to it.

i still can't wrap my mind around why they are not removing those screens. especially with all these buses their 8 year overhaul recently. i can understand why they wouldn't remove them if the screens were used fairly recently. But to my recollection, those screens haven't been used in 3 or 4 years.

I feel like those screens were used sometime in 2010.. Was there a contract dispute b/w (MTA) and the ads company that suppled the digital ads? (MTA) always getting in trouble.. SMDH.

I remember seeing 3505 saying New York City Bus also when it was at BP. Maybe it has something to do with the NYCT/MTAB merger because there are still some RTS's at JFK and LGA that say NYC Bus also.

Those hybrids are like that cuz they got repainted and labeled as NYCT Bus. 3724 is like that too but it looks like they peeled off the words "New York City" and just left the word "Bus".

As for those RTSs, they never bothered to peel off the extra words. Just like how 8798 went to MTA Bus, then came back still saying MTA Bus

Those hybrids are like that cuz they got repainted and labeled as NYCT Bus. 3724 is like that too but it looks like they peeled off the words "New York City" and just left the word "Bus".

As for those RTSs, they never bothered to peel off the extra words. Just like how 8798 went to MTA Bus, then came back still saying MTA Bus

Yeah when I saw that bus, it looked freshly painted and had no depot logo

Well buses are like humans, if we need a check up we go to the doctor. If we feel sick we go to the doctor.

Can a bus feel love? Can it think about the day ahead while sitting on the crapper? Can it have sex? Some people may think otherwise with that last one, but a bus is not a man, and as such it shouldn't be compared to him.

Edited by DanTheTransitMan

And now it says MTA New York City bus.

Can a bus feel love? Can it think about the day ahead while sitting on the crapper? Can it have sex? Some people may think otherwise with that last one, but a bus is not a man, and as such it shouldn't be compared to him.

Well maybe I should've said it in another way. Point is... A bus needs work from time to time or a check up.

While on the BxM4 heading to Woodlawn yesterday, I saw an Orion V (a 6100 bus, I think) on the Bx2. I haven't seen a non-artic on the Bx2 in years!

Also, although the front of the Queens Bus Map was updated during the summer, the reverse hasn't all this time.

Actually, when I went up to The Bronx a couple of days ago, I saw one on the Bx2 going southbound (this was around 9:30AM or so, by 161st Street).

I've seen that Orion V almost every time I go out... What you guys probably saw was 6239... That's the one I've been seeing the most on the Bx2... Same B/O usually too... I also saw 6238 on the Bx1 a few times... Also seen an Orion VII on the Bx2 running around lately...

Today I was waiting for an LFSA on the Bx1 but couldn't see one, I'd settle for instead for an Orion V 6006. :-D

Oh and on Monday I also rode an Orion V on the Bx2. So they do run there, it's not just D60's and LFSA's.

If you want a LFSA on the Bx1/2 You'll need to be pretty patient bro... About 97% of those routes are D60's but the LFSA has been popping up more lately...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I've seen that Orion V almost every time I go out... What you guys probably saw was 6239... That's the one I've been seeing the most on the Bx2... Same B/O usually too... I also saw 6238 on the Bx1 a few times... Also seen an Orion VII on the Bx2 running around lately...

If you want a LFSA on the Bx1/2 You'll need to be pretty patient bro... About 97% of those routes are D60's but the LFSA has been popping up more lately...

There is like 2 to 4 LFSA on the Bx1/2. Its not hard to catch one. Depending on where you at.