• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

While on the BxM4 heading to Woodlawn yesterday, I saw an Orion V (a 6100 bus, I think) on the Bx2. I haven't seen a non-artic on the Bx2 in years!

Also, although the front of the Queens Bus Map was updated during the summer, the reverse hasn't all this time.

Woodlawn... Lucky guy... Very charming nice little Irish & Italian neighborhood...

While on the BxM4 heading to Woodlawn yesterday, I saw an Orion V (a 6100 bus, I think) on the Bx2. I haven't seen a non-artic on the Bx2 in years!

Actually, when I went up to The Bronx a couple of days ago, I saw one on the Bx2 going southbound (this was around 9:30AM or so, by 161st Street).

I saw 3893 on the M42

Odd, wonder if Quill will get the 126 NGs.

--

Like to give a shoutout to the as$hat on the M2 today who literally slammed the door on me. I usually take the op's side, but this guy was just a prick. I waited 40 minutes for a bus (three runs were missing) and finally a bus shows up with a crowd of people on if. The bus is about half-full, and he stops and takes a while at the stop, all these people on the bus. Sign says next bus please, but I'm a regular and he gestures to me to get on. I walk up, glad the 45 minute wait is over, and he shuts the door as I'm in the doorway (which both broke part of the door and got me nice and hard on the shoulder). I'm not the kinda guy who complains about this stuff (I'm sitting on his run number here), but I'm not alright with waiting there like an idiot while three runs are no-shows and then get a door slammed on me cause this guy felt like playing games. Prick.

Edited by MHV9218

--

Like to give a shoutout to the as$hat on the M2 today who literally slammed the door on me. I usually take the op's side, but this guy was just a prick. I waited 40 minutes for a bus (three runs were missing) and finally a bus shows up with a crowd of people on if. The bus is about half-full, and he stops and takes a while at the stop, all these people on the bus. Sign says next bus please, but I'm a regular and he gestures to me to get on. I walk up, glad the 45 minute wait is over, and he shuts the door as I'm in the doorway (which both broke part of the door and got me nice and hard on the shoulder). I'm not the kinda guy who complains about this stuff, but I'm not alright with waiting there like an idiot while three runs are no-shows and then get a door slammed on me cause this guy felt like playing games. Prick.

LOL... Well now... I guess I'm not the only one that thinks that some guys out of Manhattanville especially are pricks... ;) I would say that the two depots with some of the cockiest drivers I've seen around have to be Yonkers and Manhattanville. I don't know what crawled up some of these guys' ***** but man are they miserable and rude. They make it bad for the nice drivers out of those depots.

On a side note, the M2 has been HORRIBLE of late. I see fewer and fewer of them running and it seems like there are more M1s and M3s. I don't why in the world you would wait 45 minutes for an M2, especially when they're not much faster if at all than their local counterparts. Sad but true and that's probably one reason the (MTA) cut back service on the M2 because with them running like crap, many people just jump on the local buses now which seem to be more reliable for some reason.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... Well now... I guess I'm not the only one that thinks that some guys out of Manhattanville especially are pricks... ;) I would say that the two depots with some of the cockiest drivers I've seen around have to be Yonkers and Manhattanville. I don't know what crawled up some of these guys' ***** but man are they miserable and rude. They make it bad for the nice drivers out of those depots.

On a side note, the M2 has been HORRIBLE of late. I see fewer and fewer of them running and it seems like there are more M1s and M3s. I don't why in the world you would wait 45 minutes for an M2, especially when they're not much faster if at all than their local counterparts. Sad but true and that's probably one reason the (MTA) cut back service on the M2 because with them running like crap, many people just jump on the local buses now which seem to be more reliable for some reason.

It's a mixed bag like always, some of the chillest ops I know are up at Mannyville, but some of these guys like the one today are idiots. Awful.

I don't know what the story is either, it's driving me nuts. For me, I'll wait up to 25 minutes for an M2 since I get on far enough back that it'll still overtake any locals at that point, but it keeps happening that I wait 25 minutes and then the next bus isn't for another 20. This was ridiculous, second time in two weeks that I've waited 45-50 minutes for an M2. I don't blame the ops since there's nothing they can do -- this one's on the dispatchers and supervisors, cause that's insanely bad service.

It's a mixed bag like always, some of the chillest ops I know are up at Mannyville, but some of these guys like the one today are idiots. Awful.

I don't know what the story is either, it's driving me nuts. For me, I'll wait up to 25 minutes for an M2 since I get on far enough back that it'll still overtake any locals at that point, but it keeps happening that I wait 25 minutes and then the next bus isn't for another 20. This was ridiculous, second time in two weeks that I've waited 45-50 minutes for an M2. I don't blame the ops since there's nothing they can do -- this one's on the dispatchers and supervisors, cause that's insanely bad service.

There is certainly something going on with those M2s though. I've been saying it for the longest and the crappy service didn't just start either... I can never understand how you can have so many local buses coming down 5th Avenue and the M2s are the LAST bus to show up after several M1s, M3s and M4s have passed. To be honest I have stopped using the M2 because it is just pointless to wait for it when I can get an M1 or M3 quicker and get to my destination in the same amount of time if not sooner. I've been on M3s that have stayed with M2s the entire time from 14th all the way to Madison & 42nd or better, so unless you're going really far, the M2 is starting to become rather useless in terms of it being a real "limited" stop bus especially now that they've cut back the frequencies from 12 to 15 minutes which easily can become 30 minutes or more waiting for just one bus. They need to improve the frequencies on the M2 and find a way to streamline it better because if the local M1s and M3s can show up then what's up with the M2? The interesting this that when I worked in Chelsea along 5th Avenue, I would wait over 30 minutes to get a local bus. Nothing but limited stop M2s and M5!! Now they've reversed the trend. Go figure.

I would say that maybe they're short turning them but that wouldn't make sense either. They usually do that with some M3s where they turn back around at 42nd or 26th street.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I wonder why at the southbound stop at South Avenue & Brabant Street, they have the S40 schedule, but not the S46. I highly doubt anybody at that stop is going to wait 20 minutes just to go to that trailer park at the end of the route. I was looking at it and I'm like "Damn, did they just cut a ton of service on the S46?", and then I realized I was looking at the wrong schedule. I should've checked to see if they have the opposite situation across the street (the S48 schedule being up instead of the S40 schedule)

Oh, and I think there's some kind of detour in effect for S48s where they're taking Grandview Avenue to Netherland Avenue to South Avenue instead of taking Forest to South directly (The S48 I was on made that detour, and going back on the S46, we had to go into the oncoming lane because the road crews blocked off the right lane).

They should make the take that route all the time, and have the S46 take South to Netherland to Grandview. Now that I think about it, the only transfer that would really be lost would be from the S46 to the S48 (but as of now, you have to walk a block to transfer from the S46 to the S40, and if anything, that's a more important transfer). The S46 would avoid the light at Forest & Grandview, and the S48 would avoid the light at Forest & South, as well as that tight turn over there.

I assume S40s were affected by that slight detour. There was a woman waiting for (I assume) the S40 at South & Forest, but if it were me, I would've just walked up to the next stop at Netherland Avenue just to be safe.

....and I'm still wondering what those people were waiting for along Grandview Avenue. I guess there's a long-distance bus that leaves from that block or something (this time they were on the northbound side of the street).........

Edited by checkmatechamp13

--

Like to give a shoutout to the as$hat on the M2 today who literally slammed the door on me. I usually take the op's side, but this guy was just a prick. I waited 40 minutes for a bus (three runs were missing) and finally a bus shows up with a crowd of people on if. The bus is about half-full, and he stops and takes a while at the stop, all these people on the bus. Sign says next bus please, but I'm a regular and he gestures to me to get on. I walk up, glad the 45 minute wait is over, and he shuts the door as I'm in the doorway (which both broke part of the door and got me nice and hard on the shoulder). I'm not the kinda guy who complains about this stuff (I'm sitting on his run number here), but I'm not alright with waiting there like an idiot while three runs are no-shows and then get a door slammed on me cause this guy felt like playing games. Prick.

Damn. Hope you are okay bro.

I thought LBSS was activated with a press of a button?

The factory setting allows you to switch between the two. You can have it programmed for LBSS to be going full time regardless of whether Performance MODE is turned on, in which the (MTA) has been doing.

Edited by SevenEleven

Thanks guys on the help for the Q54. Don't ride that much buses out of the Bronx so I was unfamiliar with the whole route. Next time, I should take the (L) to Grand Street.

Also, although the front of the Queens Bus Map was updated during the summer, the reverse hasn't all this time.

Today I was waiting for an LFSA on the Bx1 but couldn't see one, I'd settle for instead for an Orion V 6006. :-D

Oh and on Monday I also rode an Orion V on the Bx2. So they do run there, it's not just D60's and LFSA's.

Damn, an S46 was delayed by about 10-15 minutes, so now whoever was on that bus has to wait almost a full hour for the next ferry. I wonder what caused the delay.

And I wonder what happened with BusTime that it said that the data on the S48 was 4 minutes old, and then that S48 disappeared off the map.

So after going to a friend's house earlier today, a shitload of B17s came up and down the line...on the day I decided to walk

...but on the off-chance I do decide to catch the bus, none are to be found. I think they have a vendetta on me after i said the B17 ain't shit lol

4612 on maintenance service on Flatbush & Church. Sitting on Northbound B41 bus stop. <<< Earlier thursday night.

That's my bus right there

The S46 driver this morning made my day. He told the people to move to the back, and said "Thank God It's Friday", and said "C'mon, you can do it. It's only a couple of stops until we get to the school" (because that's where a lot of the kids get off). That, and I had some eye candy to stare at/munch on on the trip. ;) LOL.

I'm wondering what happened to the S96 scheduled in front of it. The S46 arrived crowded, but not crushloaded the way it would if the S96 in front had been MIA. (And the thing that's weird is that there's usually a decent amount of traffic along Walker, but there was no traffic today and the bus zoomed right into the stop). And the other thing is that the whole crowd of people just waited for the S46 even though an S44 passed by which was a lot less crowded.