BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Hold on, fact or fiction?

Nah man you got it all wrong, you have to understand all the foamers out there. See, buses are pretty good practice for women.

You spend your life throwing money at them if you want to get on, some of them are ugly as sin, they're a royal pain to keep track of where they're at, and once a month or so they both go out of service.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah man you got it all wrong, you have to understand all the foamers out there. See, buses are pretty good practice for women.

You spend your life throwing money at them if you want to get on, some of them are ugly as sin, they're a royal pain to keep track of where they're at, and once a month or so they both go out of service.

TOO MUCH!! :lol:

This is one of the most hilarious posts I have ever read. :lol::lol:

:lol: So true!

----

Random thought:

Took the M15SBS from Whole Foods to 50th and got off and was greeted by one of those ticket folks. I was surprised... It was a lady and she told us to have our tickets ready as we exited and she checked mine and took it. It looked like she had something though on her side. She was dressed in blue... They don't carry guns so what do they carry on their side??? :huh:

This is one of the most hilarious posts I have ever read. :lol::lol:

Lol, glad to hear it!

----

Random thought:

Took the M15SBS from Whole Foods to 50th and got off and was greeted by one of those ticket folks. I was surprised... It was a lady and she told us to have our tickets ready as we exited and she checked mine and took it. It looked like she had something though on her side. She was dressed in blue... They don't carry guns so what do they carry on their side??? :huh:

You don't think it was just a radio or something like that?

--

New record for a bus wait today. By 106th waiting for the M2 to 8th, right, it took 47 minutes for a bus. That's not alright.

Edited by MHV9218

You don't think it was just a radio or something like that?

--

New record for a bus wait today. By 106th waiting for the M2 to 8th, right, it took 47 minutes for a bus. That's not alright.

Could've been... I didn't look closely since I was trying to get my ticket out and get off at the same time.

--

47 minutes for an M2?? That bus is getting worse and worse... I'm really annoyed that they cut it back to every 15 minutes too... Why did you even bother to wait? I find that the local buses can be just as fast as the limited. <_< Sad but true.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

47 minutes for an M2?? That bus is getting worse and worse... I'm really annoyed that they cut it back to every 15 minutes too... Why did you even bother to wait? I find that the local buses can be just as fast as the limited. <_< Sad but true.

Tell me about it, that was the last bus that deserved more service cuts. They restore M1 service and cut the M2? Just crazy. After I'd waited about 20 minutes I would've taken a local, but it took another 25 until any bus at all showed up, there was just nothing (just by luck that the next bus that showed was an M2, but by that point it was a lost cause).

----

Random thought:

One collecting agent from the batch carries.

I was shocked to find out as well. I was told that people got really out of hand in the past...so what better way to maintain order than the fear of death lol

Well yeah some folks on here had said what is stopping these people from attacking them if they don't have anything and I think that's the right decision, though I think they all should be allowed to carry...

There was an accident on the Bayonne Bridge (northbound) this morning. I wonder how the S89s were detoured around it. They would probably have to go to the Goethals Bridge, but I wonder what route they took to get there.

On a side note, the S44 I took was full front-to-back (I think the S89 ahead of him was missing, though an S59 had caught up to him). And he was dragging the line a little bit too (though it wasn't that much). Another S44 caught up to us, and of course, it was basically empty.

The S46 I caught at Walker Street was actually relatively empty. (And by that I mean you didn't have to fight to get on it). I should've went with my brother to see the chaos by the Bayonne Bridge. He said the cars were all backed up at that last exit, and they all had to find an alternate route (I guess make their way to the Goethals Bridge somehow).

And I wonder what's going on along Port Richmond Avenue (I assume the S59 will make the S44 stops, but I wonder what stops the X10 will make).

Service Change Posted: 09/14/2012 3:33PM

S59 and X10 bus detoured in both directions. Detour as follows:

S59 (to Totenville) and X10 (to Manhattan) via Port Richmond, right on Walker, left on Morningstar into Richmond Avenue and regular route.

S59 and X10 (to Port Richmond) via Richmond Avenue into Morningstar, right on Walker, left on Port Richmond and regular route.

Please allow additional travel time.

There was an accident on the Bayonne Bridge (northbound) this morning. I wonder how the S89s were detoured around it. They would probably have to go to the Goethals Bridge, but I wonder what route they took to get there.

On a side note, the S44 I took was full front-to-back (I think the S89 ahead of him was missing, though an S59 had caught up to him). And he was dragging the line a little bit too (though it wasn't that much). Another S44 caught up to us, and of course, it was basically empty.

The S46 I caught at Walker Street was actually relatively empty. (And by that I mean you didn't have to fight to get on it). I should've went with my brother to see the chaos by the Bayonne Bridge. He said the cars were all backed up at that last exit, and they all had to find an alternate route (I guess make their way to the Goethals Bridge somehow).

And I wonder what's going on along Port Richmond Avenue (I assume the S59 will make the S44 stops, but I wonder what stops the X10 will make).

Service Change Posted: 09/14/2012 3:33PM

S59 and X10 bus detoured in both directions. Detour as follows:

S59 (to Totenville) and X10 (to Manhattan) via Port Richmond, right on Walker, left on Morningstar into Richmond Avenue and regular route.

S59 and X10 (to Port Richmond) via Richmond Avenue into Morningstar, right on Walker, left on Port Richmond and regular route.

Please allow additional travel time.

I found this out from Subchat. They had the S89 go onto the MLK southbound, take that to the SIE, then take the NJ Turnpike to Exit 14, get off at Exit 14A, and go down to the light rail station.

Maybe if the bus had to go up to Exit 14 anyway, maybe they could've just made the connection to the HBLR at Liberty State Park (yeah, I know LSP is 14C not 14A), instead of doing all that backtracking. But then there's the issue of informing HBLR riders so they know where to get off.

Today, I rode 5973/5974 on the M60. The first was 5973. Rode it from Lenox Av to 2nd Av. At 2nd Av, 5974 pulled up next to us. Then, we had to transfer to the other bus because the first bus was going express to the airport. The bus ride was awesome over the Triboro Bridge.