BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The 628 bus option split between New Flyer and Nova will begin delivery in Februrary 2018, and complete delivery in August 2019. All buses under this contract will be delivered with pedestrian turn warning systems, "enhanced driver visibility" and digital information screens.

The Proterras will be here in December 2017.

https://youtu.be/i-OhoZBZE04?t=56m30s

Edited by Around the Horn

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Q35 connection doesn't make sense. The actual Q35 connection is Avenue H and Nostrand. Foster Avenue is about another 4 blocks and the forementioned intersections don't connect.

You're right. I actually made the edit. Must've missed because I lost my signal.

When the Beeline first started accepting Metrocards, a friend and I went to go fan the 20 to White Plains.... Longest Ride Ever! We took the Metro North back to Manhattan, lol

The #20 is my favorite bus.

It allows transfers to two thirds of the whole [weekday] system just by itself.

Not quicker than the ferry, though (and this is coming from somebody who can't stand the ferry lol)

The S93 goes nowhere near Hylan & Clove. It specifically bypasses that entire area. It branches off the S53 at Victory & Clove, which you should know with all your "street smarts".

It would be stupid to take the S79 if your destination is Henderson/Lafayette. Are you seriously suggesting taking the S79 to the SI Mall for the S44 back to New Brighton as part of an actual commute? If you want to do busfanning it's one thing. If you're going to sit there and complain about something taking too long.....

Another edit that seemed to fall offline. I actually double checked. Looks like I was too late. There's a threshold to how long you can edit a post.

As for "street smarts", I haven't had a reason to go to SI since my Gram died. My know-how is rusty and less than "Rich".

See what I did there? XD

I mean you're not exactly wrong on your guess. I asked since this particular unit is the only C40LF with experimental interior LCD screens so it could've been taken out of service to address kinks that could be related to the screens (a la electrical issues like the Clever Devices LCD screens on the Orion 7 NG HEVs) or it simply could've been out for repainting.

And not only that situation, there is given insufficient funds for MTA to run more buses (including vehicle #572) as I mentioned with my parents in my family's car, felt shocked of the occupation commotion as we saw there at college Point Blvd and Fowler Avenue yesterday (last Sunday, April 23 at almost 3 in the afternoon). There were a HUGE amount of people taking up a block, where the gas station is, waiting for a bus around an hour, where cars barely stopped there for refuel. (I'm not allowed to talk politics any further in this forum, or Cait Sith will ban me permanently, but my off-topic is the reason)

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Edited by collagedchen300

And not only that situation, there is given insufficient funds for MTA to run more buses (including vehicle #572) as I mentioned with my parents in my family's car, felt shocked of the occupation commotion as we saw there at college Point Blvd and Fowler Avenue yesterday (last Sunday, April 23 at almost 3 in the afternoon). There were a HUGE amount of people taking up a block, where the gas station is, waiting for a bus around an hour, where cars barely stopped there for refuel. (I'm not allowed to talk politics any further in this forum, or Cait Sith will ban me permanently, but my off-topic is the reason)

572 is out of service just to get a repaint and nothing more.

Also, the situation you're describing is more of a extremely delayed service situation rather than a lack of funding situation.

572 is out of service just to get a repaint and nothing more.

Also, the situation you're describing is more of a extremely delayed service situation rather than a lack of funding situation.

Okey-dokey. When the 572 is finished being repainted, show us the photoshots of that vehicle.

Also, for Q58, if "lack of funding" has almost nothing to do with the excessively long waiting for the bus but a bump on the thread, then what do you guys think is the reason for that hold-up?

Edited by collagedchen300

Anyone here ever go out fanning and early in the trip, feel tired/regret it and go back home?

Yes, and it's usually before I get on the first mode too....

Looks like the MTA is FINALLY rerouting buses off the LIE viaduct. Took them so long to figure out how much time buses waste sitting in traffic. Many operators already use that detour, but now it's finally an official detour. Won't solve all problems, but it will reduce some delays.

Service Change

Posted: 04/23/2017 8:09PM

QM2, QM5 and QM6 buses are detoured, due to traffic conditions on the Long Island Expressway between Van Dam St and the Midtown tunnel entrance.

Detour is as follows:

QM2, QM5 and QM6 Westbound: Via Long Island Expressway westbound, take Green Point Av exit, right into Hunters Points Av, Hunter Point Av becomes 49 Av, left on 21 St, right into Long Island Expressway toll road and regular route.

All corresponding stops will be made along the detoured route.

Allow additional travel time.

The irony :lol:

I'm still not.... While I won't say it was unnecessary per se (I simply don't know as much about intra-NJ travel patterns like that), I didn't see the big hoopla over it either....

I have to believe this is the case as well.... I don't see the SI-ers that currently park & ride @ Metropark or Perth Amboy being willing to take buses to an NJT station.... IDK about Menlo Park, but I know some of them love themselves some Woodbridge Center - anything to refrain from putting up with SI mall.... Bricktowne feels like a cross between [South shore's "local shopping plaza"] & [the South shore's version of SI mall]......

Look "sir", what you're not going to do is try to logically pass off grossly indirect travel methods as actual commutes..... Especially to those of us on here that know what we're talking about.... None of this is really refuting what Checkmate laid out to you....

You're not appealing to anyone on here with that Professor oak & Mr. Miyagi parable sounding shit at the end there... All it does is make it ever so conspicuous that you don't know what you're talking about....

Now go cry to the mods about that too....

* Bayonne....

As for him being the super duper ultra hyper mega unattainable amount of trips in a month riding busfanner, the fact that he's breaking out maps in the middle of trips says enough.... Also, not "notic(ing) a bus that connected between SI and Brooklyn."... IDC if you're up in Westchester, for all that big talk, your game better be stepped up.....

As much as I don't care to defend this guy, that bit I chalked up to as being a mistake (Flatbush).....

You think I lean on mods? I don't need a mod to assert myself and put trolls in their place. I'm sturdier than that.

I cry when I want, not when I'm told.

You wanna cause indigestion with those comments then you can pep talk someone else.

I've dealt with quippy people like you my whole life. I can mute you when I please and reply after thinking before I type.

Unlike you.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

You think I lean on mods? I don't need a mod to assert myself and put trolls in their place. I'm sturdier than that.

I cry when I want, not when I'm told.

You wanna cause indigestion with those comments then you can pep talk someone else.

I've dealt with quippy people like you my whole life. I can mute you when I please and reply after thinking before I type.

Unlike you.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

First you said you were going to ignore me.... Then it was reporting me.... Now you're on here telling me how "sturdy" you are, how you don't lean on mods, and how you cry when you want... Make up your mind already.

Thinking before you type :lol:.... Sure, Mr. Emoji laced tirade poster, person you.....  Mr. I want to make easy pay metrocard the widespread norm in this city..... You spend more time trying to get people on here to know who you are & how you do things, than addressing people's replies without some nonsensical babble....

Case in point:

Another edit that seemed to fall offline. I actually double checked. Looks like I was too late. There's a threshold to how long you can edit a post.

As for "street smarts", I haven't had a reason to go to SI since my Gram died. My know-how is rusty and less than "Rich".

See what I did there? XD

No !

-------------------------------------------

Look chump, I don't give a shit who you dealt with, what you can mute, or that lame ass attempt at wordplay..... You resorting to use the word "thinking" is blasphemy in & of itself.... And yes, I saw & heard a clip of you at one of those public workshops.... You don't sound too damn bright either, so spare us the lie of how thoughtful & thought provoking you are....

It's all in your posts, Eric.... It's all in your posts.

Eric_Cartman.jpg

Edited by B35 via Church

A super-extreme busfanner doesn't need to double-check whether the S93 runs down Hyland or Victory (especially considering the signs say "via Victory" and CSI is nowhere near Hylan). A little typo like say, Richmond Ave vs. Richmond Road is one thing, but getting two of the most important streets in the borough mixed up? More proof he has no idea what he's talking about...

Edited by checkmatechamp13

A super-extreme busfanner doesn't need to double-check whether the S93 runs down Hyland or Victory (especially considering the signs say "via Victory" and CSI is nowhere near Hylan). A little typo like say, Richmond Ave vs. Richmond Road is one thing, but getting two of the most important streets in the borough mixed up? More proof he has no idea what he's talking about...

This is yet another point where I think "This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't acting as if was the smartest bus fan on the planet."

Just caught 3587 on the Q34. Pretty awesome. 2nd or 3rd ride this time with a LGA bus on a CP route, all of them with orion og's. The bus driver was almost not gonna let me on. Thank god for that red traffic light at main and northern. He wasn't even planning to let me on at first cuz there was a Q34 bus right there but ppl got off so I took this opportunity to run up to him. Many were hesitant to get on and ended up getting on the CP C40LF. Lol it hauled ass and had 3 ppl on.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Just caught 3587 on the Q34. Pretty awesome. 2nd or 3rd ride this time with a LGA bus on a CP route, all of them with orion og's. The bus driver was almost not gonna let me on. Thank god for that red traffic light at main and northern. He wasn't even planning to let me on at first cuz there was a Q34 bus right there but ppl got off so I took this opportunity to run up to him. Many were hesitant to get on and ended up getting on the CP C40LF. Lol it hauled ass and had 3 ppl on.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Lmao I saw that bus but it terminated at Flushing was trying to get a pic of at Main & 39th. But, as I was standing at the corner a lady running with her child, had her child clip into me knocking the poor kid down, she then proceeded to curse me out in Spanish, and I missed the bus.  <_<