• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't even use two (MTA) buses... Shakes finger and head... This is a much better comparison:

MTA_New_York_City_Bus_New_Flyer_D60HF_53

Hell even the indented window is similar though the one on the 40 footer goes back in a bit more... lol It's hard to believe that these buses were created by two different companies.

LOL... I used a picture of the 40 foot version of the D60HF (which MTA never ordered) since you had mentioned it earlier

Where are the following units: 5991, 5993, 5995, 6001, 6019<-idk about this one, 6025 and why do the even numbered units come in later? The XN40s have come in differently.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

6001 is at Zerega at this time and 6019 was delivered to Stengel a few days ago. I'm not sure if the other units that you mentioned are at the vendor though.

Just curious, were there any plans to add CNG fueling stations outside the depots that currently have them?

Manhattanville was supposed to be fitted with CNG fueling along with West Farms but the idea was scrapped due to the costs for conversion.

Manhattanville was supposed to be fitted with CNG fueling along with West Farms but the idea was scrapped due to the costs for conversion.

Interesting... But hold on since Manhattanville OP's are trained to drive Orion 7 hybrids can't they also drive the Orion 7 CNG's if they ever got loaned one? Also can anyone explain to me as to why 6676,6396 and 6722 have different kneeling sounds than the other hybrids in Manhattanville?

Interesting... But hold on since Manhattanville OP's are trained to drive Orion 7 hybrids can't they also drive the Orion 7 CNG's if they ever got loaned one? Also can anyone explain to me as to why 6676,6396 and 6722 have different kneeling sounds than the other hybrids in Manhattanville?

I believe they could operate CNG Orion 7s as well.

Theoretically yes, but they still would have to be "retrained."

...the odds of them getting loaned a CNG are almost non-existant, especially with Quill right there ready to loan them a bus easy.

Wait is that actually real? Just how?

Movie prop bus. We never had any D40HFs.

They would put the fire out...

LMAO... I think he's thinking if numerous buses were damaged or the depot sustained damage.  Didn't that happen years ago with some depot?

Someone here looks humbled after that particular bus got blown away.

Oh please.  That bus would be retired soon either way.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8