• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Im standing at the s/b Q44 bus stop at e177 and e tremont ave. I can see a sbs wrapped Bx40 at the preceding stop and I was thinking Gun Hill again stealing Bx12 and as it pulled up it was 5918, a Q44 Nova before, i just thought the whole situation was ironic. We waited quite long for the 44 too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Im standing at the s/b Q44 bus stop at e177 and e tremont ave. I can see a sbs wrapped Bx40 at the preceding stop and I was thinking Gun Hill again stealing Bx12 and as it pulled up it was 5918, a Q44 Nova before, i just thought the whole situation was ironic. We waited quite long for the 44 too lol.

Apparently it's a swap, 5919 is at GH running on the Bx12 too.

Edited by paulrivera

Now if only the LFSA had programs for other routes.......

They do. Well, except maybe the boards inside of the unit.

That's what I meant. I was on 5919 on the Bx12 not long ago. The boards were completely off, but the custom "Please exit through the rear door" announcements still played.

Sightly unrelated, but if you pull the cord/press the buttons before departure, the original "Please exit through the rear door" announcements would play.

Edited by ShadeJay

Yea they both went back into service. The thing that bugged me about the whole hr wait situation the NIS buses are always passing before the in service bus comes by. This was also the second stop. Also, the first bus that came into bronx zoo left like 20 mins still as if there wasnt already a gap in service.

Yeah, when they actually came.  The X13 and X16 were two of the worst express buses around in terms of reliability.  Tons of missing buses.  I remember once being Downtown and deciding to take the X16 home after leaving the office early.  Got to the first stop for the first bus.... I along with several other people waited and waited... No bus.  Next bus is due... No bus... It's now after 17:00 and we're all wondering what's going on.  I decided to walk over to Broadway and see and I see a bus turning further up.  Come to find out, our stop was being skipped!  A dispatcher on Broadway sent us over to the bus and we all got on and were told not to pay.  I thought, well this is "nice". I don't have to dip my unlimited card...  <_<   I've also seen instances of drivers literally blowing by bus stops because they didn't know the route.  Happened to one poor soul waiting at the last X16 stop, flailing his arms in vain. lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the X16 started on Worth & Church, and had its second stop at Broadway/Worth with the X10/12 (and I guess the X11), right? (I know the X17A/19 start at the end of that block on Worth, just before Broadway)

And on a bus-random thoughts-related note, the X17 was completely packed tonight. I get to Barclay Street and see a huge line (and it turns out most of the people were waiting for the X17. Sometimes the X1 & X17 are both delayed). Some woman wants to yell at me for cutting the line (like I was supposed to somehow know which passengers were waiting for the X1 vs. X17).

Anyway, the B/O says there's no seats left. I'm thinking no problem....and then I see there was barely any standing room either. But I'm like you know what, I want to go home lol. He skipped all the stops afterwards and I was basically home in one stop lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the X16 started on Worth & Church, and had its second stop at Broadway/Worth with the X10/12 (and I guess the X11), right? (I know the X17A/19 start at the end of that block on Worth, just before Broadway)

I'm not really sure.  I know that the first stop was supposed to be at Worth & Church.  In looking at the old X16 timetable, they show the first PM stop as Broadway & Worth, but the physical stop is really closer to Church. It's even wrong on the timetable though because they show the Broadway & Worth as being the first and last stop, but map below it shows something completely different.  An inexperienced B/O that didn't know any better would likely be confused.  The bus that we finally got was at Broadway & Worth, so we ran down to him and got on there.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

The X90 definitely had more than the X25.

Was there that many passengers that used the X25 or X90 before it was discontinued? 

The X90 had more passengers than the X25 in part because it had a lot more runs.  I've used the X25 and some of them got really good usage.  It had regulars too who would ride to Grand Central for Metro-North.  A much nicer ride compared to the packed (4)(5) trains.  The X90 had good ridership, but the problem was it had too much service.  Had they cut some trips it perhaps could've been kept.  I still think that it should run even with SAS being up and running.  Lots of folks on the UES have the disposable income and now just take car service or car pool instead to the WFC.

1229 out of GH had black smoke coming out of its exhaust today, its so rare to see that these days. Not counting RTS's with the 6v92, I only seen a bus puff out black smoke three times, one was a 8800 RTS out of FLA, the other was an NG on the M60.

Simple case of bad maintenance at GH, and plus they are getting new buses and most recent buses from CS. SMDH.

1229 out of GH had black smoke coming out of its exhaust today, its so rare to see that these days. Not counting RTS's with the 6v92, I only seen a bus puff out black smoke three times, one was a 8800 RTS out of FLA, the other was an NG on the M60.

That happens more than you'd think, especially with the hybrids. When those turbochargers go you get pure black smoke, and lots of MV buses have that each year. Not to mention all the NGs with the black soot around exhausts the dirty takeoffs--even a problem at Quill. The 6v92s it was a different scene, happened a lot but less dark smoke. 

Gun Hill aren't going to receive new buses for quite a while, and the stengel units have been running for about 5 years now.

The new LFSA order. 5439-5530 only for Kingsbridge and West Farms I'm assuming?

Also noticed that GH sent 5324 back to FB. I got a feeling that 5325-5327 are possibly coming back to FB once CS sends more LFSA's to Gun Hill.

The new LFSA order. 5439-5530 only for Kingsbridge and West Farms I'm assuming?

Also noticed that GH sent 5324 back to FB. I got a feeling that 5325-5327 are possibly coming back to FB once CS sends more LFSA's to Gun Hill.

Nothing has been confirmed, but it's is likely that they'll end up at KB and GH as WF are supposed to get XN60's, although the new Nova fleet isn't supposed to come in until later this year or early next year. Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382