• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think artics are going to be a problem in the Q25 to begin with because in College point the bus goes through some pretty narrow streets. Although Artics have pretty much the same turning radius as normal buses they still need more space to make turn because of the overhang.

That would really hurt the Q25's chances of getting artics unless they made Q25 short turns in Flushing.

I am trying to figure out how SBS can work on the Q25 and it would be very hard to put SBS on it without making people upset and making car congestion worst.

Just make the Q25 Limited all day replace all midday Q34's with short turned Q25 locals. The Limiteds would run local after Roosevelt to College Point.

I don't believe it was mentioned, but it's been about a week or so since the B39 entrance from the Willy B to the bus terminal has been reinstated. The lane is color in the typical "BUS ONLY" lane red-ish color.

About time. That roundabout way it took to the terminal after coming off the bridge was a PITA

Yesterday for the first time ever I seen the M42 Grand Central short turn... I didn't even know the M42 had short turns.

Oh yes they exist, and I've seen them here and there along 42nd street.  Usually in the morning or afternoon... If you work in Midtown as long as I have, you're bound to see them. lol

Oh yes they exist, and I've seen them here and there along 42nd street.  Usually in the morning or afternoon... If you work in Midtown as long as I have, you're bound to see them. lol

I only know about of it because of that old game they made about the M42

Yoo Staten Island is full of savages. These Novas are beat up already. Some Novas tagged up in the back. All over the seats, ceiling, and windows. 8124 has a broken pull cord. On one, the railing by the front door is broken and when u grab it, you almost fail because its not attached. These people can't let new shitt last for a month. Damnn school kids are the worst.

That would really hurt the Q25's chances of getting artics unless they made Q25 short turns in Flushing.

I am trying to figure out how SBS can work on the Q25 and it would be very hard to put SBS on it without making people upset and making car congestion worst.

Just make the Q25 Limited all day replace all midday Q34's with short turned Q25 locals. The Limiteds would run local after Roosevelt to College Point.

Maybe the MTA will have 40-foot equipment on the Q25. In that case, they would only need a new bus wrap template for whatever bus model they choose, but not need to worry about extending bus stops right off the bat.

Yoo Staten Island is full of savages. These Novas are beat up already. Some Novas tagged up in the back. All over the seats, ceiling, and windows. 8124 has a broken pull cord. On one, the railing by the front door is broken and when u grab it, you almost fail because its not attached. These people can't let new shitt last for a month. Damnn school kids are the worst.

Five dollars that bus was on the S78...

A pedestrian was killed by a (MTA) New York City bus in Brooklyn. Bus involved was a XD40 #7152 on the B36. The bus was making a left turn on E.17 Street and struck the pedestrian when she was crossing the street. 

http://pix11.com/2015/12/14/woman-in-critical-condition-after-being-struck-by-bus-in-brooklyn/

All of these experiences were only from the S78 lol.

Every S78 is a havoc during school days lol

The pull cords keep getting loose b/c the kids keep yanking it like a loose tooth also, speaking of school days in Brooklyn, try the B6

Edited by Calvin

lol.... You've been there that long and you're just realizing that? I could've told you that years ago when I used the S54 to or from the express bus.  That's exactly why I usually used car service late nights and weekends to and from the express bus.  Seems like just about every local bus on Staten Island goes through some really crappy area where kids (and adults) destroy the buses.  They also don't pay either.  

Anyways ... I have a question on Jamaica Ave btwn, where the Q36 ends and CIP can you get on and off both the Q36 and N24 buses? Or is it close door service for the Q36?

Yes.

I always thought the N24 was drop off only westbound past 257 St, and pickup/dropoff eastbound past 225 St (near the 7 Eleven).

Every time I went to (at that time, back in the LIB days lol) my girl house on 222, I would just take the N24 to her house and just walk to Springfield to go back home.