• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question:

Last week I was waiting for the Q46, I noticed the bus said NEXT BUS PLEASE, but as I peered inside as it passed by I noticed that it wasn't nearly close to full; no one was standing and there were still empty seats. Why would the bus operator do this, I would think there would have to be some reason behind this.

I have a question:

Last week I was waiting for the Q46, I noticed the bus said NEXT BUS PLEASE, but as I peered inside as it passed by I noticed that it wasn't nearly close to full; no one was standing and there were still empty seats. Why would the bus operator do this, I would think there would have to be some reason behind this.

Probably because he was late. I know sometimes the bus can get packed a will display the Next Bus Please and will only drop off people because picking up all those people wastes a lot of time.

He must have been really late. I see supervisors calling b/o's and telling them to go express for a portion if they are more than 15 mins late which blows off their recovery time and they would be late for the next run. Another reason (this one is more rare) is if there is severe bus bunching, seen this happen on the X28 a couple times during PM rush 

I have a question:

Lateness. I would say the majority of NBPs you see in Manhattan are buses like this that are running late and have been told by dispatcher to run express to a certain point. 

Happens everytime I ride the B3, ill be waiting at the Plaza for a Bensonhurst bound bus, 4 buses are seen bunched heading the other direction, then I will get on the 2nd bus and we go express the whole way, so pretty common, same has happened on the B1 where I had 4881 who was packed, when I got on at the first stop he said he was going all the way to 4th ave, then he dumps us (45+ people) maybe 55, at 13th ave and we all jam onto 5090, so there were maybe 90+ people on there, now why would he just short turn without any prior notice?

Do they search you when you get off there?

Yes, but not physically search you and they do only if you're visiting someone or paying bail, etc. I just went with a friend since he had to retrieve his belongings and he didn't know how to get there.

Also, I caught 4494 going there and 3580 on the return trip.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

Soooo, I had a dream yesterday night/today morning, part of which involved some D60HF on the Q69. I was almost about to post that the D60HF were in service for LGA in the transfers thread......

Edited by GojiMet86

what does the red box sticker represent and why is it that buses from ENY RTS or Old Gen Hybrid(s) has then except the Xcelsior

I think they're suppose to mark 1999 models mainly since I see them the most on those. But it could really mean anything.