• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I got the chance to catch two of the D60HF renumbered in the 1000 range: #1012 on the M86, and #1015 on what was supposed to be the M14D. When I got on the Lexington line, #1015 was at Union Square. When I get there 20 minutes later, thanks to a (4) that crawled its way between Grand Central and Union Square, #1015 was a block to the east, so I figured something was wrong. Of course there was something wrong, because the bus was at the stop, empty, and everyone that had presumably been on that bus was waiting in line. Must have broke down, I guess.

I know wikipedia isn't the best source but can anyone confirm that there was a Q57 that was operated by Triboro?

Yeah, that was discussed here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44494-question-of-jfk-express-r44-signage-near-its-end-on-april-1990/?do=findComment&comment=760135

And it was because of this discussion that the Q57 was introduced to wikipedia.

I know what you're talking about, you even posted about it, lol. The name of the route was apparently QT (Quick Transit), operated by Triboro Coach Corporation.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/27225-document-preservation-1990-subway-map-that-makes-no-sense/

It ran on 21st Street and then on Astoria Blvd. 

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=273569&p=1#273681

Also referenced on BusTalk:

http://www.bustalk.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7288&sid=124d35bc04174abb73b8ce11a59b87ed

The 'QT' does mean Quick Trip and was created by Triboro Coach in 1990 under the name 'Two Borough Express' to fill a gap in transit service between the Queenbridge subway station in Long island City and LaGuardia Airport (Queensbridge being newly created as part of the 63rd. Street IND line).

The route was franchised as the Q57 but did not carry that designation on destination signs.

Service ran every twenty minutes from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. using six former Triboro GMD T8H-5307A's which were fitted with soft padded seats and specially painted featuring cream and red stripes.

Unfortunately, service ended in May of 1991 due to lack of ridership.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

I see a thread gets locked because someone whose name I will not mention, thinks that bus operators should have a bachelors degree. I have a bit of information for you, the predecessor to Daryl Irick, Joseph Smith only had a high school diploma and he ran the department of buses just fine. So please just get the stick out of your ass...I'm done

I see a thread gets locked because someone whose name I will not mention, thinks that bus operators should have a bachelors degree. I have a bit of information for you, the predecessor to Daryl Irick, Joseph Smith only had a high school diploma and he ran the department of buses just fine. 

lol And how long ago was that?? It's hilarious that some think people that the standards should remain low just because.  For the record, I started that thread... I think the real concern for people that are getting so bent out of shape at the suggestion of raising the standards signals that they feel threatened by the whole idea, otherwise it wouldn't be that big of a deal, regardless of what standard was used. 

For those of you looking for 9849 on the Q65 this morning, it's not on the Q65 but on the Q38.

9849_zps7e6795c5.jpg

Passed this morning and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Today is it's last day BTW.

LOL... So I guess that means you're having a funeral for it huh?  :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

So I had a disccusion last night with another fanner & he asked me how would you move routes around if Fresh Pond ever went out of buisness. So this is what I came up with...

B24, B26, B32, B38, B39, B52, B54, B57, B62, Q54, Q55, Q59 at Grand Ave.

B7, B20, B60 at East New York

B13 at Ulmer Park (I know it's a strech, but that's what popped up in my head first lol. Either that or make Spring Creek a NYCTA Depot and have the B13 go there)

B47 to Flatbush

B48 to Jackie Gleason

Q58 to Casey Stengel.

So I had a disccusion last night with another fanner & he asked me how would you move routes around if Fresh Pond ever went out of buisness. So this is what I came up with...

B24, B26, B32, B38, B39, B52, B54, B57, B62, Q54, Q55, Q59 at Grand Ave.

B7, B20, B60 at East New York

B13 at Ulmer Park (I know it's a strech, but that's what popped up in my head first lol. Either that or make Spring Creek a NYCTA Depot and have the B13 go there)

B47 to Flatbush

B48 to Jackie Gleason

Q58 to Casey Stengel.

the b13 was at fresh pond before grand opened

I know but this is my list for if Fresh Pond goes out of buisness.

And Judging by this list, it would be choas if Fresh Pond left.

WHOOPS, i should have read it  from what i see is that if you close fresh pond your creating a problem that existed before grand ave came about