BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Sorry if I'm throwing this off-topic, but I figured this was the place to address this. Academy isn't being any better with AE's former buses as I caught one on a charter just a few moments ago. Shame isn't it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, the AE buses aren't and never were owned by the city/state of NY. They aren't like the state buses in NJ and now that Academy owns them they can do whatever they want with them.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of that, some of the higher numbered green-signed ones has a slightly different engine, Gleason's units with the regular series 50G and the WF units with the Series 50 MK-G. The MK-Gs sound different from the regs.

Can you tell me what's going on, I can't access the chat nor can I view or compose messages anymore.

*Is it me or is that JFK always run their RTS on just the Q22 and 35?

The fleets between JFK/FR are constantly interchanged, which is why a good portion of the FR fleet now has JFK stickers and are getting them after repaints. FR is becoming once again basically an annex of JFK, it runs as its own depot for the most part yes but its buses are JFKs and can be running in FR 1 day then at JFK the next or the other way around (example 3563 was on the Q60 the other week, ran the Q35 today).

Anyway most of JFK's RTSes have been running for FR as of late but JFK is losing a lot of them now the Q10 is all artic.

That photo is a lie.

1) That bus is on the System Reserve side, with a whole bunch of other Orion V CNGs which are already scrapped.

2) 9899 still has it's ads, and does not have bold numbering on the left side.

3) I passed by Lot C at College Point depot last night, and saw 9899 and 9905 there.

Nice photoshop to whoever did it. Obviously they are too impatient too see it there in a few months.

Speaking of Orion V CNGs, 9849 is back in service. Chances are you'll see it on the Q65 in the morning / early afternoon and/or the Q53 after 7 pm.

That photo is a lie.

1) That bus is on the System Reserve side, with a whole bunch of other Orion V CNGs which are already scrapped.

2) 9899 still has it's ads, and does not have bold numbering on the left side.

3) I passed by Lot C at College Point depot last night, and saw 9899 and 9905 there.

Nice photoshop to whoever did it. Obviously they are too impatient too see it there in a few months.

Speaking of Orion V CNGs, 9849 is back in service. Chances are you'll see it on the Q65 in the morning / early afternoon and/or the Q53 after 7 pm.

Really...

Stop posting the driver's information. It's bad enough some people go on every single day like their life depends on it and never leave him alone...

Edited by tvega961

Really...

Stop posting the driver's information. It's bad enough some people go on every single day like their life depends on it and never leave him alone...

It's a public bus line, what's the big secret? It's a shame if the guy gets harassed, but to me it just sounds like extra fares for the MTA.