• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

2 read errors in 1 day... don't get me wrong a free ride on the express bus is nice but I know there's drivers out there that aren't so nice about it. Don't know what's going on with my Metro all of a sudden.

can't you go down to a token both and maybe they can see if it's damaged?

You napped and missed the scenery?  :P

Well I don't nap along Shore Rd... I'm only down there a few times a month, and no matter what time of year it is, Shore Rd is beautiful.  Once we get on atrocity that is the Gowanus I start napping.  One of the last beautiful original neighborhoods left in Brooklyn that isn't overrun with hipsters, which as a Brooklynite who was born and raised in South Brooklyn is a good feeling.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

It's not at JFK.

So it's retired?

Seems so.

On another note, with Atlantic Avenue between Brooklyn and Woodhaven now having a new 25MPH speed restriction, I wonder how that will affect the already shitty Q24...

Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

Why does the Orion VII OG CNG sound different from an Orion V CNG if they both have the same engine/transmission? With the O5 it has that smooth Allison shift, but the O7 sounds as if it has LBSS. Does it have LBSS?

is the Bx24 always a Next-Gen route?

No, it also runs Orion Vs. However, since there are more Next Gens, you have a greater possibility of catching a Next Gen over an Orion V.

Why does the Orion VII OG CNG sound different from an Orion V CNG if they both have the same engine/transmission? With the O5 it has that smooth Allison shift, but the O7 sounds as if it has LBSS. Does it have LBSS?

No, it also runs Orion Vs. However, since there are more Next Gens, you have a greater possibility of catching a Next Gen over an Orion V.

No, it doesn't have LBSS. The whole thing goes back to the different setups. EPA regulations changes which means new parts/emissions packages that may or may not affect the sound of the powertrain.

No, it doesn't have LBSS. The whole thing goes back to the different setups. EPA regulations changes which means new parts/emissions packages that may or may not affect the sound of the powertrain.

Oh I see, so that's why the LFS with LBSS sounds different than an XD40 with LBSS, and the 2013 D4500CTs sound different from the XD60s.

On top of that, some of the higher numbered green-signed ones has a slightly different engine, Gleason's units with the regular series 50G and the WF units with the Series 50 MK-G. The MK-Gs sound different from the regs.

Yeah I noticed some of the JG VII CNGs have that transmission sound (no idea how to describe it in English, but you know what I mean, like what all the new Allisons have) and some don't. Those also seem to run pretty well, so I'm guessing maybe those had their powertrains go through overhaul or something.