• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday I took Q101 bus and I saw my LGA depot B/O friend. He told me that in College Point depot there was a B/O who was taken out of depot in handcuffs with police all over depot. My LGA depot B/O friend tell me that the College Point B/O who got arrested stole MTA Bus ezpass to use for himself and that he got fired immediately from MTA.  

Thursday I took Q101 bus and I saw my LGA depot B/O friend. He told me that in College Point depot there was a B/O who was taken out of depot in handcuffs with police all over depot. My LGA depot B/O friend tell me that the College Point B/O who got arrested stole MTA Bus ezpass to use for himself and that he got fired immediately from MTA.  

Why do you keep posting this for?? You started a thread about it, that was locked, now you post it here... We heard you the first time... Christ... 

Yesterday evening, I was at HBO in Manhattan. I was looking down at 6 Avenue and saw an MCI numbered 3083. The only problem is, the last 3 was backward. Who the hell was in charge? lol
I've seen 3083 pass by 242 st many times... that 3's been backwards for the longest... :D

2490 (the new Prevost) has a $6.50 sticker.lol... That will probably be the new fare soon enough... :D
That's f'ing outrageous... :o Edited by Missabassi

Well I only take the express on Saturdays, so going from $48 a month to $52 is no real difference for me.

Some lady on the BxM2 approached me the other morning and she was asking me if I knew whether or not she could use a regular unlimited Metrocard, as the B/O wasn't sure (don't ask me how a B/O doesn't know this...  <_< Probably just BSing her as he didn't want to be bothered).  I told her she couldn't use that and needed the Metrocard that could be used for the express bus, which I had, which is $55.00 a week. Really surprising how few people know about it...

Some lady on the BxM2 approached me the other morning and she was asking me if I knew whether or not she could use a regular unlimited Metrocard, as the B/O wasn't sure (don't ask me how a B/O doesn't know this...  <_< Probably just BSing her as he didn't want to be bothered).  I told her she couldn't use that and needed the Metrocard that could be used for the express bus, which I had, which is $55.00 a week. Really surprising how few people know about it...

Probably a recent hire, or as you said, told her a lie so he can focus on the road....

One thing I cannot stand is someone tryna start a damn full-fledged conversation as I'm driving.... This includes family....

I don't see how b/o's can maintain the necessary focus, and still have the wherewithal to answer questions from pax while driving.... Or being downright chatterboxes while driving.... I can't do it.... If someone asks me a question, I have to look at them dead in their eyeballs while answering them.... That's the cloth I'm cut from....

Why do you keep posting this for?? You started a thread about it, that was locked, now you post it here... We heard you the first time... Christ... 

He wants us to know that it's... well... "exclusive".... Lol....

(because of this community, I've grown to hate that word..... "premium" is another)

You know how it is in this community... Some folks think they're gonna win the pulitzer prize, the grammys, the oscars, the nobel peace prize, and obtain every military branch's insignias known to man or something if they know something nobody else on this forum doesn't, and/or be the first to post about that particular something on here...

It's like a boy having gotten *some* for the first time, and goes & brags about that shit to everyone in his social circle....

Probably a recent hire, or as you said, told her a lie so he can focus on the road....

One thing I cannot stand is someone tryna start a damn full-fledged conversation as I'm driving.... This includes family....

I don't see how b/o's can maintain the necessary focus, and still have the wherewithal to answer questions from pax while driving.... Or being downright chatterboxes while driving.... I can't do it.... If someone asks me a question, I have to look at them dead in their eyeballs while answering them.... That's the cloth I'm cut from....

Nah, he wasn't a rookie.... Some of the old timers just don't want to be bothered and are concerned about giving the wrong info and being written up for it, so they'd rather pretend that they don't know rather than say anything.

Why does the MTA still run express buses to the city late on the weekends? I saw no one on the QM4 going towards Manhattan at 10PM and I saw no one heading back to Queens. Sometimes I think Queens is over served by express routes because a some of them run until 1AM in the morning everyday carrying no one at all.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Why does the MTA still run express buses to the city late on the weekends? I saw no one on the QM4 going towards Manhattan at 10PM and I saw no one heading back to Queens. Sometimes I think Queens is over served by express routes because a some of them run until 1AM in the morning everyday carrying no one at all.

There's only 6 express bus routes that run on weekends in Queens ,the QM2, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM15, and the BM5. The latter two serve southeastern Queens (they're the one closest to it). On Sundays, though, the former 4 only run. The QM2 serves NE Queens (which does pretty well). My only concern is Union Tpke (the QM5 will stay, it does very good) with the QM6. You got the QM4, QM5, AND QM6 serving the center of eastern Queens (and ain't no way that's gonna happen). When 71st Avenue becomes ADA Accessible, the QM4 will have some really nice BM- style cuts. At that point, it'll be useless off-peak hours. The QM4 severely underperforms during those times, most buses having have less than one handful of riders.

The QM2/QM5 would be the only ones safe on weekends, with a few cuts here and there to "meet demands". I see the QM6 being midly reduced on Saturdays and Sundays. It's gonna be a point where the last bus to Manhattan would leave at 8:00 PM on Saturdays and 7:00 PM on Sundays. As a result, those respective last trips would be at 9:30 PM on Saturdays, and 8:30 PM on Sundays, which is reasonable. In addition, I see morning service to Queens being slashed, as service may end up starting at 10:30 AM to Queens. Still reasonable to me, given how you would eliminate the under performing trips on that route. The QM6 does see some okay ridership on weekends (This is not a rumor or anything, just a possibility, especially since in upcoming years, when service is consolidated to NYCT, there will be cuts in express bus service, since most just don't do that great). 

In a sense, the headways would stay the same during most periods, except service starts a tad bit later. The QM4 on the other hand, oh well....

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

There's only 6 express bus routes that run on weekends in Queens ,the QM2, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM15, and the BM5. The latter two serve southeastern Queens (they're the one closest to it). On Sundays, though, the former 4 only run. The QM2 serves NE Queens (which does pretty well). My only concern is Union Tpke (the QM5 will stay, it does very good) with the QM6. You got the QM4, QM5, AND QM6 serving the center of eastern Queens (and ain't no way that's gonna happen). When 71st Avenue becomes ADA Accessible, the QM4 will have some really nice BM- style cuts. At that point, it'll be useless off-peak hours. The QM4 severely underperforms during those times, most buses having have less than one handful of riders.

The QM2/QM5 would be the only ones safe on weekends, with a few cuts here and there to "meet demands". I see the QM6 being midly reduced on Saturdays and Sundays. It's gonna be a point where the last bus to Manhattan would leave at 8:00 PM on Saturdays and 7:00 PM on Sundays. As a result, those respective last trips would be at 9:30 PM on Saturdays, and 8:30 PM on Sundays, which is reasonable. In addition, I see morning service to Queens being slashed, as service may end up starting at 10:30 AM to Queens. Still reasonable to me, given how you would eliminate the under performing trips on that route. The QM6 does see some okay ridership on weekends (This is not a rumor or anything, just a possibility, especially since in upcoming years, when service is consolidated to NYCT, there will be cuts in express bus service, since most just don't do that great). 

In a sense, the headways would stay the same during most periods, except service starts a tad bit later. The QM4 on the other hand, oh well....

I do know that the express buses with the best service all around are the BxM1 and BxM2 by far. They run regularly 7 days a week!

I do know that the express buses with the best service all around are the BxM1 and BxM2 by far. They run regularly 7 days a week!

Same thing with the QM2, QM5 and QM6. Union Turnpike gets express service on the weekends every 30 minutes which is pretty good. The QM4 runs every hour and most trips are empty.