• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh bro! 1,146 Only XD40s in less than a yr. what about the other buses? Do u want me to buy you a diecast 12in XD40 model with opening doors? Full HVAC and MTA livery? And moving wheels to occupy yourself lol. You must be the XD40 lover everyone talks about.

O_O

theyy havee that!?!? 12in damm

You made him bust a severe nut...he probably can't walk now.

smh, I wonder if he likes that bus type more than a girl? Good lord... As I said before: 'it's just a bus, it isn't God'.

As for tally's, I might keep track of some rides on roller coasters, but 1000 on 1 bus type? I don't even think I rode that many buses in a year.

As for today, Q35 was crazy crowded. I am thankful the driver let me on. I was basically standing right next to the front door. I couldn't even reach the farebox (not that it mattered as it was gonna take a transfer) and to stand in that area, the hell I am paying for that... anyways, I get off at the next stop and walked. I'm not staying on even if some more ppl got off.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Fightin for freedom wherever there's trouble over land and sea and aiiiiiiiiir..... G.I.Joe is therrrrreee....

Nah, but not even I sat up there & kept a tally of how many times I rode a particular bus type......

But over 1 thousand times riding the xcelsior's???? Have they even been out for a year yet? Homeboy is quite the enthusiast.

Edited by B35 via Church

You better not have gotten a ticket for their fault. You didnt get a ticket right?

Nah I didn't, no fare inspectors showed up (lucky me). I got off at Jerome Avenue just to catch the (4) since I forgot to take the transfer for the Bx32. If I had gotten a ticket, I would have fought it since it had the time, date, and machine number from where I took it.

From the coin machines, you request for a transfer when you board the bus.

But wow, it said M15 on a Bx12 machine, that's pretty funny lol.

Yeah I did find it funny but at the same time, huh M15?? I should have taken the pic but I didn't want to take out my new phone on a crowded bus.

Weird but I had this weird dream seeing a D60 HF routed as a Bx18. That'll never happen.

Edited by alejr88

Fightin for freedom wherever there's trouble over land and sea and aiiiiiiiiir..... G.I.Joe is therrrrreee....

Nah, but not even I sat up there & kept a tally of how many times I rode a particular bus type......

But over 1 thousand times riding the xcelsior's???? Have they even been out for a year yet? Homeboy is quite the enthusiast.

LMAO!! I know I remember the bus #'s I rode but c'mon counting every xcelsior you rode? Wow......

everytime i ride an XD40...i write down the # i had...so i rode every XD40 in the brooklyn and staten island fleet except 4865 and 4890.

Now....from the First time i rode an XD40 was DEC 6...on 4843...and my last XD40 was today of 4897.

Guess how many XD40s i rode that entire time from DEC 6, 2011-Nov 21, 2012?

1,146 XD40s

WOW..... I drive them and I don't think I have been on that many..... LOL

Who's the one that will determine who gets this contract? is it Joe Lhota??

see most of the time my commute is the S52 to the S53 to the B1 to the B36...and then back to S>I B36 B1 S53 S52...so thats 8 buses a day...usually 6 of the 8 buses are xcelsiors...then during off days i take the same route...and some days when im off of school i hang out....or ride in a circle...the S52 to the S53 to the S46 back to the S52...

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

Over 1000 excelsiors? Somebody needs to get a life. Anyway, I'm glad LaGuardia's not apart of that upcoming artic order

This does bring up an interesting point - beginning in 2013, I'm considering making a little note on my phone every time I step foot on a transit vehicle, and then at the end of the year add it all up, should yield some interesting results. Thoughts?

If it was possible and if it was my decision, the MTS RTS-09 would be winning this, but anyway, it's not, and that's just my opinion.

I'm suprised nobody bashed you yet, but I have to agree with you.

This does bring up an interesting point - beginning in 2013, I'm considering making a little note on my phone every time I step foot on a transit vehicle, and then at the end of the year add it all up, should yield some interesting results. Thoughts?

You'll likely get bored of it unless you are actually interested in keeping a record, or if you just want to share you results. Actually I've gotten to the point where I can memorize the vehicle numbers and amount of trips I made in the last 326 days of the year.

For example, I rode a combined total of 414 buses this year so far, on 4127 trips, with the most trips on one single bus reaching 259. If you have a usual routine it becomes silghtly easier to keep track of the buses you ride. Then you can factor in recreational trips.

For the record, I do not keep a wrriten record of what I have and have not ridden, nor did I ride for the sole purpose of fanning/foaming.