• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

smh @ riders today. I'm on the Bergen Beach bus bound B41 (RTS) and at all the limited stops there was at least one person asking: 'Does this bus go to Kings Plaza?' I swear people are either blind or illiterate. Read the damn sign before you ask... Jeez.

I'm just wondering if the MTA should just make the Bergen branch its own line and go up to the Junction as the B40 and save the confusion... It can't hurt as a short turn bus would totally help the line as north of Nostrand is just a traffic nightmare.

Basically B40 Nostrand to BB and all B41s to KP. Simple and clear. One day I'd love to see a b/o give a sarcastic reply something like: "yes it is going to KP, you just have to walk several blocks down from Av N..."

Edited by Grand Concourse

Basically B40 Nostrand to BB and all B41s to KP. Simple and clear. One day I'd love to see a b/o give a sarcastic reply something like: "yes it is going to KP, you just have to walk several blocks down from Av N..."

Well, it's about a 15-20 minute walk, which I guess is possible (though it would be a waste for somebody to pay a fare to travel a few blocks if they're going to walk most of the way anyway).

smh @ riders today. I'm on the Bergen Beach bus bound B41 (RTS) and at all the limited stops there was at least one person asking: 'Does this bus go to Kings Plaza?' I swear people are either blind or illiterate. Read the damn sign before you ask... Jeez.

Would you believe there are STILL riders on the B35 LTD that scream at/curse out the driver when buses bypass their stop (coming home [which would be a EB bus for me], it's usually the brooklyn av stop or the E 46th st stop)..... there's been LTD service on this route for 7 freakin years, and b/o's are still catchin flack from pax.....

Bustime will be citywide in '13.. (hopefully) with no delays.. Are castelton's XD40's are definitely making their trip to UP?

I know QV's buses are..

Not sure, I only know as much as anyone else here as far as who's posting what they've seen. Someone said they saw a QV 3g at SI, so it's possible SI and QV have started their 3g for Nova swap. And the XD40s for UP from SI will happen last (again, just my speculation).

Well, it's about a 15-20 minute walk, which I guess is possible (though it would be a waste for somebody to pay a fare to travel a few blocks if they're going to walk most of the way anyway).

The people I saw were mainly women and I don't think they struck me as the 'walking type'. That said if I were the driver, I'd tell them to get off for the B9 on FB av or stay on till Utica for the B46.

Would you believe there are STILL riders on the B35 LTD that scream at/curse out the driver when buses bypass their stop (coming home [which would be a EB bus for me], it's usually the brooklyn av stop or the E 46th st stop)..... there's been LTD service on this route for 7 freakin years, and b/o's are still catchin flack from pax.....

Lol, nope it sadly doesn't surprise me anymore. Either people are blind or the education system failed them.

Today was an excellent bus fanning day. Rode all 3 BTE's and rode the S79 SBS.

It started with Nova 8010 on the S96 from St. George to West Shore Plaza, then caught a 3G on the S46 and rode it to the Teleport and then caught an XD40 on the 5:47 S46 leaving the Teleport which I rode to Walker St/Morningstar Rd, caught the S89 and went to the Eltingville Transit Center and then rode the S79 SBS to Brooklyn.

My man, that is the best! I drive pass your stop with a smile on my face in that case...

I was talking to my brother, and he said a couple of weeks ago, he got all the way home from Bowling Green in 28 minutes on an X10 (including walking time). Google Transit says it's supposed to take 50 minutes. Damn, I wish I was on that bus.

On a side note, Google Transit doesn't show the turn by Willowbrook Road in it's directions for the X10. It shows it going straight from North Gannon onto Victory.

Shameless advertising go!

[This post brought to you by my other thread]

I know money's tight, but about the Service investments, I know money's tight, but I guess the mythical Bx50, Q94, and planned B71 to Manhattann, etc. are going to remain just that?

About schedule aesthetics, since SBS got blue, and Express green, I think the MTA should make everything Limited-related purple. Seems like there are still plenty of people who just don't get the Limited concept. At least now it could stand out more, and physically purple is already the Limited color anyway.

As for other uses of blue (the B67/B69 schedule for example) I guess it could stay blue or maybe be another color.

Examples of what schedules might look like:

http://pdfuploader.c...le_LTD_text.pdf

http://pdfuploader.c..._Page_split.pdf

http://pdfuploader.c..._Front_Page.pdf

Granted, I know the blue-and-purple split cover for Limited routes with local counterparts (which is most Limited routes anyway) is awfully... colorful. It could be full purple as well.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Passed by Kingsbridge Depot tonight on the BxM1 and was wondering how big is that depot? Seems like there are quite a few buses parked on the street, but the depot doesn't iook that old...

What you saw was probably the maintenance building. There is another building across the street that is used specifically for parking. Never been inside that parking building but I would believe that it has a second level to it inside.