BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 questions...

1: I've asked this question before but it never got answered...Why aren't the LFSA's getting the same blue paint on the wheel hubs that the LFS's have?

:2 Why do the XD40/60's have emergency style blue flashing lights while the LFSA's have normal flashing blue lights??

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew, I don't get anything with the way the MTA has been speccing buses recently, both aesthetically and internally. Prolly why we keep seeing retrofits and re-configurations (XD40 trannies, decaling, SBS lights, the like).

--

Felt like the old days on the B103 today, 7215 and 7216 were both right behind each other, haven't seen that in a while. Up on 125th, ended up seeing another combo that just looks strange to me, 6036 and 5780 both on the M100. First LFSA I've seen on the M100 (aren't those sposed to be on the 9?), and I forget that 6036 isn't at CS any more.

Sad story though, I'm on the B62 and this really hot girl is next to me and after a couple minutes she turns to talk and of course, I'm expecting the holy proposal itself...turns out she was asking how to ring the bell since she couldn't figure it out. I think my face dropped nice and quick on that one. Then she presses the tape and she gets all excited when the bell goes off. Killed me.

That's life :(

Speaking of the cng O5s, I saw a 9800 on the B9 today. Wow, I thought JG no longer had an O5 left. Pity I was on the B41 and couldn't get a decent pic of that bus.

I really hate the new Q35 layup spot. Today the Q35 was on Nostrand av and waited there before finally turning onto Av H 10+min later. I get the need for a break, but damn it, my transfer was going to expire soon, hurry the hell up! Most other times I get to Av H it's like the b/o can't drive out of the area fast enough...

I got on a B1 at 86st 7th ave...and it was xd40 4846...while when we got to 13 ave we see a lfs 8058 with its fourways on....and a crowd of pple standing outside the bus....yup...they hopped on our bus....let me tell you this....our xd40 was packed...and i saw some pple complaining about the lfs...idk what happened...maybe someone here knows....what happened to LFS 8058?

Sad story though, I'm on the B62 and this really hot girl is next to me and after a couple minutes she turns to talk and of course, I'm expecting the holy proposal itself...turns out she was asking how to ring the bell since she couldn't figure it out. I think my face dropped nice and quick on that one. Then she presses the tape and she gets all excited when the bell goes off. Killed me.

You had me laughing hard when I read this... Was she blonde by any chance? :P

--------

I found a LFSA on the Bx55 again! I've got a shot to show you guys... (By the way, I apologize for the missed-timed shot...) I shot it about a slpit-second too early... I wasn't expecting to see it that day :

NovaBusLFSA5775.jpg

...The hawk run on the Bx10 is just pure slavery...seriously?! only 27mins running time from 263rd to 206th with all those damn turns....and to top it off only 3 minutes recovery time at the end of each trip.

You think that's bad?? A friend of mine had the M60 on the hawk. He said they give him 22 minutes to get from 126th and 2nd to 106th and Broadway dark. But only 15 minutes to get from 106 and bway to 125th and 2nd...