• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

That does sound funny, coming from the MTA..... You don't expect them to actually say/state "block party"....

That's like the news (channel 9) the week before last, where the female reporter actually said _______ got capped last night (she said the guy's name, but I don't remember the name of the guy).... somewhere out in Queens .... I had to do a double-take & was like, did she just say capped... wtf.....

the b74 had some detours in coney island due to block parties on mermaid ave...so for example going to sea gate if the block party was on mermaid ave between 21-22st it would turn left down 21st turn right on surf then turn right on 22nd st and left down mermaid same thing for stillwell bound but it would turn left down 22st then right on neptune then right on 21st then left down mermaid since all the side streets are one ways

oohh i have a question with bustime....if buses detour...you know how the buses follows the color line on the map...would it just turn off the line...or disappear?

It probably goes off the line. I mean, some of those lines just make no sense. What the hell is that loop on the S46 south of Forest Avenue? (They used to have a loop by Port Richmond High School too. Good thing it doesn't actually make those loops. The route has enough turns as is! LOL)

They used to have a few more errors, but they fixed most of them. It still seems like they have missing buses there, though.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I wish somebody made a make your own destination sign feature, I'm sure people would be all over that.

The other day I had this nice driver on the M101. He really didn't play around, we were going pretty fast. There was some construction on 3rd Av, and there was a wheelchair guy so the trip wasn't as fast as it could've been, but it was still all right.

Idk what's next maybe make your own Guide A Ride with the schedule and Map. Seems like a good idea right?

I asked Gorgor about a make your own map, he said it would, and I quote: "Be nearly impossible." But the schedule is already on his site lol

Hard to believe but I've never even seen a single (MTA) LFS in person

That's alright, I never saw the designline (before that order was canned) buses in person either. But if you have seen the artics, then you aren't really missing out on much with the 40' version.

Got 4618 on the B46 (white front bus) earlier today.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I was down in Eltingville today. All the bus stop poles in the area were updated for the S79 +SBS+.

I wanted to go to Tottenville and ride the S59 back from there, but I saw the S89 coming in (first one of the afternoon), so I took that. I'll give a passenger count:

Eltingville SIR: 1 already on, 7 people got on (4 of them were me, my mother, and my 2 brothers)

We skipped Katan Avenue.

ETC: 3 on

Windham Loop: 1 off (My mom)

Westport Street: 1 off

Richmond Hill Road: 1 on

Rockland Avenue: 1 off

Victory Blvd: 2 off, 1 on

Morani Street: 3 off, 2 on

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Two B/O's screwed me over today.

1. On the B41, this lady completely bypassed Plaza Street where I had rung the bell well in advance.

2. While waiting for the B38, this dude completely ignored us even though he wasn't actually in the stop yet and just bypassed us (even though we were flagging him).

Honestly, some B/O's can be a-holes... :angry:

That sucks. It has happened to me once on a B46 where the b/o skipped my stop and went to the next one. At least for me it was a block away vs if it was the next limited stop.

Was the B38 crowded?

No it wasn't, a LTD and a B52 had just left...

I asked Gorgor about a make your own map, he said it would, and I quote: "Be nearly impossible." But the schedule is already on his site lol

You can already make your own maps, it's nothing difficult. All the tools are already there.

Edited by Mysterious2train

It's pretty much a refined Google Maps when it comes to map-making. And the end products tend to look pretty nice. Seriously, once you learn how to make everything it's a pretty smooth process.

[i'm kinda worried my link will randomly stop working in the middle of the night...]

brb making an sbs fantasy map

Edited by Mysterious2train