• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why none of the BxM or X routes are shown on the Manhattan bus map...

Manhattan is crowded as it is and having all the BM, QM, BXM and X routes will make the map small and confusing. So it will just be better off leaving them out since most of them go to Midtown 6 or 3rd Ave or Downtown.

I'm still waiting the day I get to ride the Bx1 but inside an LFSA...I'm tired of the D60s and I'm not a fan of the Orion CNGs.

There were 3 of them out there yesterday lol...the past two Saturday's there have been at least 2 out there on the Concourse so you might get lucky today.

Edited by youngblaze

I wonder why none of the BxM or X routes are shown on the Manhattan bus map...

The BxM buses serve Riverdale, Inwood and the Bronx and they're shown where needed.

I'm still waiting the day I get to ride the Bx1 but inside an LFSA...I'm tired of the D60s and I'm not a fan of the Orion CNGs.

Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing yesterday while I was on the express bus. The Bx1s are always there at Riverdale Av and 230th street as I pass by on the express bus. Was wondering then they're going to start getting new buses on the line...

Being on a crushloaded bus isn't fun at all... I was on a crushloaded Q85 tonight and I barely could breathe at all...

yesterday (friday) on an s53 at 8:13 in the morning was crushloaded! orion VII 3G was packed...every seat filled up and every space was filled...theres 38seats on a 3g...all the seats were filled....8people were standing on the high section...4pple near the rear door area and filled all the way to the front...i tried to count everyone but i went over 80 and lost count of people so i gave up

Being on a crushloaded bus isn't fun at all... I was on a crushloaded Q85 tonight and I barely could breathe at all...

Thats how it feels on the Q25 every Saturday. It really needs Saturday and Sunday LTD. Being the third most used MTA BUS in the System.

Today I finally caught a Orion VII on the Q112 after about 2 months

Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing yesterday while I was on the express bus. The Bx1s are always there at Riverdale Av and 230th street as I pass by on the express bus. Was wondering then they're going to start getting new buses on the line...

Yes I've seen them, there was one that I saw at 231st and Albany Crescent, hopefully I'll catch it today in the morning.

I'm checking out an old S66/S67 schedule. It has Port Richmond & Castleton listed as a timepoint for the S66, but not the S67 (It shows a dash for the S67 times). They probably mean Castleton & Jewett because no way does it take 4 minutes to go from Richmond Terrace to Castleton when there's no lights or traffic or anything (And I checked Google Transit and it says it takes 4 minutes to get to Jewett, which makes sense because the S67 didn't stop there).

I'm looking at trainluvr's "Amsterdam Ave Bus Ride Part 1 of 2 - end of the TA fishbowls" video and there's a GEORGI liquor ad in the back of a bus at 3:09 and around 3:53...in 1993.

Boy, I guess GEORGI has been advertising forever.

Edited by GojiMet86

^ I gotta take a look at those vids some time, looks interesting. The old M11!

--

Just wanna make my plea to Joe Lhota, please make every bus like 9494. One of the best buses I've ever ridden. Fantastic ride, tons of power, ice cold A/C, and a ridiculous whine. Hard to believe that bus is 15 years old, runs better than some new buses (like 4565, which broke down on my B62).

I think there is someone in staten island specifially breaking the pull cords on the xd40s..

tell me why the hell...

pull cords are broken...doesnt make no sense

This should come as a "shocker" on Staten Island local buses... Oh and the management at Castleton Depot doesn't help much either. Cigarette butts on the floor on the express buses for example... Some of it is the passengers, but not all of it.

I was on a crushloaded M14! Sucks!

I want to ride a beeline bus. They take Metrocards! Is the fare the same.

Edited by jimmy7train

I was on a crushloaded M14! Sucks!

I want to ride a beeline bus. They take Metrocards! Is the fare the same.

Being on a crushloaded M14 (A/D or 8th avenue one) ISN'T fun either. I rode the line for 10 years before I moved to SE Queens in April. M14D was my old home line. I like the LFS Artics though :D

I think there is someone in staten island specifially breaking the pull cords on the xd40s..

tell me why the hell...

pull cords are broken...doesnt make no sense

You got animals on the bus...duh!!

Being on a crushloaded M14 (A/D or 8th avenue one) ISN'T fun either. I rode the line for 10 years before I moved to SE Queens in April. M14D was my old home line. I like the LFS Artics though :D

Those LFSAs, I have to admit, are better for packed buses. Low-floor buses give you more standing room where the steps used to be; I was on 5819 packed to the brim so a bunch of us just stood a few inches from the front door, you never used to be able to do that on a D60. I'm not a fan of the 5500-5600s anyway, the best Quill D60s were the 1000s and it was all downhill from there. [The 5700s weren't awful when new though.]