• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the fact that Bay Plaza bound +SBS buses can get their stop at Pelham Bay blocked because of lousy locals not moving out of the way. When that happens the bus stops in the middle of the street and riders have to walk around the local bus blocking to get on. How on earth is this allowed to happen? Buses should not be stopping in the middle of the street.

I also saw a BS ad on the subway from the MTA headlined " More Buses Means Less Crowded Buses". I'm sitting there thinking, where are these less crowded buses at? I see buses getting more crowded not less. It went on to say that the MTA is expanding the fleet by buying more buses to better serve the riders. Where was this expansion in June 2010?

Edited by JW72093

7559224672_6d597a9522.jpg

IMAG0098 by blitz_126, on Flickr

I have more, they are just stuck on to my tool box

7559225596_7d580ba326.jpg

IMAG0099 by blitz_126, on Flickr

7559226206_3e41169351.jpg

IMAG0100 by blitz_126, on Flickr

It's ok to be jealous LOL

I got a lil something too!!

......but it's not what you think LOL.

The number plate from 1994 TMC RTS-06 8603. Quite possibly the best damn RTSs we had. This one along with 8610, 8617, 8625, 8640, 8654, 8658, 8662 and 8668 were my favorites from Quill.

DSC04039.jpg

I got a lil something too!!

......but it's not what you think LOL.

The number plate from 1994 TMC RTS-06 8603. Quite possibly the best damn RTSs we had. This one along with 8610, 8617, 8625, 8640, 8654, 8658, 8662 and 8668 were my favorites from Quill.

DSC04039.jpg

U gonna make me bring out the big guns...(I have a couple "TMC RTS" badges that i have yet to take a pic of)

But the real question is do you have any GMC RTS badges, those old red ones?

I'm lacking here in the bus material, got a few subway things but the only bus thing I've got is an "EXACT FARE $1.50 or one token" sticker which a friend of mine out of West Side gave to me when that actually was the fare.

Damn you guys are lucky I can't even get a damn safety vest let alone a depot sticker and I work here smh.

LOL... Actually when I was a kid, I wrote to several of the depots asking for their sticker and a lot of them sent me one back including Kingsbridge. Unless management has become complete douchebags, you should be able to get something.

I had Yukon, Castleton, Casey Stengel, Manhattanville, Amsterdam, 100th Street (Uncle worked as a B/O there so he got a hat and sticker), Ulmer Park (from a B/O friend that I used to ride with on the B4), and Fresh Pond Depot's sticker. I didn't for some depot stickers so I didn't write to all of them and some didn't reply back (i.e. Jackie Gleason, Mother Clara Hale Depot and Coliseum).

I will say some depots should get new logos... Depots that have/had BORING logos... Flatbush (by far the most plain thing to look at), East New York (that orange is just hideous), and Gun Hill (what is up with that yellow and weird design)? The Kingsbridge Depot logo isn't bad, but could be updated once again. I remember the older logo and this one is better, but they should update the bus and bridge. Could be really cool looking. The Tuskegee logo is much more meaningful and interesting to look at then that dumb apple with the bus... Was very bland.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... Actually when I was a kid, I wrote to several of the depots asking for their sticker and a lot of them sent me one back including Kingsbridge. Unless management has become complete douchebags, you should be able to get something.

I had Yukon, Castleton, Casey Stengel, Manhattanville, Amsterdam, 100th Street (Uncle worked as a B/O there so he got a hat and sticker), Ulmer Park (from a B/O friend that I used to ride with on the B4), and Fresh Pond Depot's sticker. I didn't for some depot stickers so I didn't write to all of them and some didn't reply back (i.e. Jackie Gleason, Mother Clara Hale Depot and Coliseum).

I will say some depots should get new logos... Depots that have/had BORING logos... Flatbush (by far the most plain thing to look at), East New York (that orange is just hideous), and Gun Hill (what is up with that yellow and weird design)? The Kingsbridge Depot logo isn't bad, but could be updated once again. I remember the older logo and this one is better, but they should update the bus and bridge. Could be really cool looking. The Tuskegee logo is much more meaningful and interesting to look at then that dumb apple with the bus... Was very bland.

Gun Hill's logo is actually my all time favorite.

ok in this video

at 11:34 when the bus turns..you hear some kind of chirping sound

also at 12:40 when the bus merges

and in this video

at 4:54 when it turns too

I didn't hear any chirping in the 2nd one....

I don't think thats the HVAC either.

Here's my opinion:

Flatbush: It may be plain but it has a RTS. Can't go wrong with a RTS...

East New York: I like it but I'll have to agree about the orange...

Gun Hill: I disagree. I really like it. It's really nice...

Kingsbridge: I like the current one but the old KB sticker was a bit better...

Side note: I've actually wanted to collect Depot stickers but It would be hard since I'm not a MTA worker yet...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I just have a question how come back in 2009 and 2010 when JG and WF was short on buses they took only the 1999 Orion V CNG's and left the 1998's and ok 1999 CNG's at CP? Couldnt they had taken random 98's and 99's or does this have something to do with NYCT always wanting to get the best condition buses?

I'm a big fan of ENY's sticker tbh, I like that orange. Least favorite is between Gun Hill and Ulmer, favorites would have to be Fresh Pond and Quill (union man!). Don't really mind the FP RTS, though for some reason I always used to think that sticker was an open book, not a bus. Don't know why.

Speaking of depot decals, Flatbush desperately needs an overhaul. It's just a yellow logo (with type around the edges) and the front of an RTS. It doesn't speak "Flatbush" one minute. Maybe a bus like an Orion VII NG or an RTS riding on top of a bush with a flat top will do.

BTW, has anyone beside me ever noticed that the Quill and Tuskegee depot decals are different size in comparison to the others? Quill's is bigger than the designated size, and Tuskegee's is smaller.

Here's my opinion:

Flatbush: It may be plain but it has a RTS. Can't go wrong with a RTS...

East New York: I like it but I'll have to agree about the orange...

Gun Hill: I disagree. I really like it. It's really nice...

Kingsbridge: I like the current one but the old KB sticker was a bit better...

Side note: I've actually wanted to collect Depot stickers but It would be hard since I'm not a MTA worker yet...

Gun Hill isn't terrible but not exactly sure what to make of it.

I like most of the depot stickers. I have a problem with West Farms though. It's nothing but a bus st side angle with blue in the background. It doesn't echo West Farms or anything unique to me.

West Farms is cool esp. since there is a story behind it hence the reason for the logo. I miss Walnut Depot and Coliseum's logo. Bronx has some of the coolest depot decals. Queens has to have some of the least imaginative ones.

Speaking of depot decals, Flatbush desperately needs an overhaul. It's just a yellow logo (with type around the edges) and the front of an RTS. It doesn't speak "Flatbush" one minute. Maybe a bus like an Orion VII NG or an RTS riding on top of a bush with a flat top will do.

BTW, has anyone beside me ever noticed that the Quill and Tuskegee depot decals are different size in comparison to the others? Quill's is bigger than the designated size, and Tuskegee's is smaller.

Uh huh... I was thinking it was just that Tuskegee's decals weren't made properly or something. Maybe they're "outsourced"... lol