• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• B35 via Church

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Question: There are XD-40s out of Jamaica that are sent to Brooklyn depots, but, I wonder: Doesn't Jamaica Depot not use that many buses during the summer season?

Although, I heard that it has something to do with the borough wanting to be fully new buses. I can only see that weekends, most of the Next Gen units are put to rest except for Shuttle bus services or running on the Q8 and Q35. 

Edited by Calvin

On 7/6/2024 at 6:02 AM, Calvin said:

Question: There are XD-40s out of Jamaica that are sent to Brooklyn depots, but, I wonder: Doesn't Jamaica Depot not use that many buses during the summer season?

Although, I heard that it has something to do with the borough wanting to be fully new buses. I can only see that weekends, most of the Next Gen units are put to rest except for Shuttle bus services or running on the Q8 and Q35. 

They don't. For many years they stored unused units at Stengel during the summer for example.

10 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

Could be mileage reasons.

Also, 3150 is heading to Eastchester.

1384: Eastchester to LaGuardia 

1496: Spring Creek to Far Rockaway 

It looks like they're consolidating the MCI Fleet to CP and Eastchester where possible. 

On 7/6/2024 at 6:02 AM, Calvin said:

Because school is out for the summer, not as many buses are needed on the roads. Same reason there's school closed (or reduced weekday) schedules for some depots during the school year.

For the past week and a half I’ve noticed an all white New Flyer XD40 #2006 with the full roof mount in Jamaica heading towards the direction of Jamaica LIRR/Sutphin Blvd. I don’t know who owns the bus or where it’s exactly going, but it’s been interesting to see this all white non MTA/NICE bus everyday while I wait for the n4 at Archer Ave/150th street. Anyone know anything about it? I snapped a picture, but this site is stuck in the stone age in regards to posting pictures lol. 

4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

For the past week and a half I’ve noticed an all white New Flyer XD40 #2006 with the full roof mount in Jamaica heading towards the direction of Jamaica LIRR/Sutphin Blvd. I don’t know who owns the bus or where it’s exactly going, but it’s been interesting to see this all white non MTA/NICE bus everyday while I wait for the n4 at Archer Ave/150th street. Anyone know anything about it? I snapped a picture, but this site is stuck in the stone age in regards to posting pictures lol. 

If you're posting on desktop or mobile....use this

Screenshot_20240717-155227.png

14 hours ago, NBTA said:

Supposedly bus service was reduced by 10% in the Bronx, Manhattan and Brooklyn cause of the..same thing that everyone else is complaining about.

I told you, that dam program was corrupt from the start. It was never about reducing congestion, it was about the money.

On 7/17/2024 at 3:53 PM, Cait Sith said:

If you're posting on desktop or mobile....use this

Screenshot_20240717-155227.png

I’m using an iPhone and for some odd reason I don’t get those options. I know pictures can be sent through a website link like Flickr but not directly from the phones photo gallery to the site.

14 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I told you, that dam program was corrupt from the start. It was never about reducing congestion, it was about the money.

That’s the name of the game and they know exactly what to say and how to say it to get the public onboard. The redesign’s are also a joke in my opinion because they are trying to make improvements to without putting more resources into these bus networks. Removing half the stops and combining routes is not an improvement. An area I personally would like to see an improvement in is night time travel. 

35 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’m using an iPhone and for some odd reason I don’t get those options. I know pictures can be sent through a website link like Flickr but not directly from the phones photo gallery to the site.

That’s the name of the game and they know exactly what to say and how to say it to get the public onboard. The redesign’s are also a joke in my opinion because they are trying to make improvements to without putting more resources into these bus networks. Removing half the stops and combining routes is not an improvement. An area I personally would like to see an improvement in is night time travel. 

I have the same problem, can confirm

The MTA Bus MCIs are still sticking around. For now, Far Rockaway is next to be almost 100% of their Express fleet  with LaGuardia and Baisley Park with their 8 units. But, College Point and Eastchester Depot seems to be the two with 40% of their Express fleet being the Prevosts (most of the Prevosts were swapped out from the said two depots). 

Edited by Calvin

24 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

470 ran into a Burger King early this morning. No other info available.

More info has been revealed as the 60 year old driver of the B16 bus suffered a medical episode which led to the bus crashing onto the Burger King in Kensington at around 12:10 AM. Two passengers were on the bus, bus refused medical attention. The Burger King closed only minutes before the crash, which meant nobody got hurt in there as the restaurant was empty. Unfortunately, the driver is in the hospital in critical condition and there is a chance the driver may not make it as his condition didn’t look good.

https://abc7ny.com/post/brooklyn-crash-accident-mta-bus-slams-burger-king/15093434/

This may sound different, but, when it comes to boarding an Express Bus going from A to B, you'll be greeted with "Hello, (or) How are You?" and a Thank You with Good Day/Night. You will have a neighbor on the Express commute during the rush hour. At Staten Island, plenty of times using the bus routes from Manhattan is a common chance. 

Are 4122, 4165, 4210 permanently assigned to College Point?. If so Baisley Park only has they still got 4166, 4468, 4520, 4522, 4626 remaining which is 5 units and they haven’t returned to Baisley at all yet. I also got suspicious they may go to LaGuardia 

34 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

Are 4122, 4165, 4210 permanently assigned to College Point?. If so Baisley Park only has they still got 4166, 4468, 4520, 4522, 4626 remaining which is 5 units and they haven’t returned to Baisley at all yet. I also got suspicious they may go to LaGuardia 

LaGuardia? Why?