• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your opinions on the most recent diesel LFS and XD40s orders that both NYCT and MTA Bus received?

Every time I ride on the new XD40’s I can’t help but think of how cheap they seem in comparison to the LFS. Something about these new XD40s make them seem worst than the 2017-2019 batch. Some of these XD40s are already making some weird noises. 

So an SUV crashed onto Nova Bus unit 5833 yesterday when the driver tried to evade a traffic stop on Grand Concourse. The suv driver didn't want medical attention, though he was taken into custody. Two passengers were treated on site. The incident happened at Grand Concourse & East 204th St.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/crash-involving-mta-bus-and-nypd-vehicle-in-the-bronx/ar-BB1ooHEN?ocid=socialshare

On 6/17/2024 at 11:01 AM, NewFlyer 230 said:

What are your opinions on the most recent diesel LFS and XD40s orders that both NYCT and MTA Bus received?

Every time I ride on the new XD40’s I can’t help but think of how cheap they seem in comparison to the LFS. Something about these new XD40s make them seem worst than the 2017-2019 batch. Some of these XD40s are already making some weird noises. 

The new LFS’s have a nice look to me, I need to get a ride on one of them one day. I know you didn’t ask but the LFS(hev)’s are the real shit. 

The newer Xd40’s on the other hand is a different story to tell. I don’t like the Xd40’s or Xd60’s when they have a longer roof. IMO they looked cooler with the shorter roof. It made them look better than the other Xcelciors (such as the xe40’s and xde40’s). Now (MTA)wants to buy buses that look more  like a diesel fueled Xde40’s. 

On 6/20/2024 at 12:46 AM, Calvin said:

Does the Q67 not have that many riders during the weekends as the headways are 1 hour? Or that it's that the Q39 is the close alternative to the said route. 

The Q67 does carry air. The weekend I photographed 9201 on the route, it was never more than 10 riders. What surprises me is that the Q67 is a straight run and not interlined with the Q100.

3 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

The Q67 does carry air. The weekend I photographed 9201 on the route, it was never more than 10 riders. What surprises me is that the Q67 is a straight run and not interlined with the Q100.

How does interlining buses work . 

5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

It used to be interlined in the weekends a few years back