BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Those were hella fun. RTSes, D60s, LFSAs, literally whatever Quill felt like sending out. I used to sit at this place on 6th near Bleecker getting some food watching those roll by. I'm kinda tight I usually got photos with the 'SUBWAY SHUTTLE' reading instead of the really cool stuff. I got a couple M5 RTS shots, LFSA M20, but never got the D60HF M5 photo. I feel like you got a video of that if I'm remembering? 

I got an LFSA and an RTS on the M5, no D60. I don't think I've ever seen a D60 on the line during that time.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2021 at 9:07 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The MTA changed the S90 PDF schedule to reflect making all LOCAL stops after PARK AVE. Like how stupid can yall be? I wonder if they're gonna make DOT add S90 to the actual street stops. This agency is so dumb, I will go so hard when it's time for the redesign because they will NOT f**k that up. 

I drove along Richmond Terr today and guess what? S90 plaques are at every bus stop between South Ave and Park Ave (there  is a stop or two in a single direction missing the signs. 

As of January 3rd 2022, the S90 has officially been downgraded with an additional 11 stops in each direction. 

Literally when you try to solve an MTA issue, the MTA turns around and screws you over even more. 

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I drove along Richmond Terr today and guess what? S90 plaques are at every bus stop between South Ave and Park Ave (there  is a stop or two in a single direction missing the signs. 

As of January 3rd 2022, the S90 has officially been downgraded with an additional 11 stops in each direction. 

Literally when you try to solve an MTA issue, the MTA turns around and screws you over even more. 

That could also be a DOT screw up.

Are the new stops reflected in the new timetables?

13 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

To my surprise, surface is running an weekday schedule today, while the subway is running weekend service.

Was surprised to see an SBS B82 bus today.

It's a modified weekday schedule today for buses. Depending on the line, the frequency and departures may not be noticeable, and some lines have actual schedules for today.

20 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Terrible and ridiculous....

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

To my surprise, surface is running an weekday schedule today, while the subway is running weekend service.

Reduced weekday schedule on the buses.

4 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's a modified weekday schedule today for buses. Depending on the line, the frequency and departures may not be noticeable, and some lines have actual schedules for today.

All of them have separate schedules for today. It's only the express lines that have them published and easily accessible, but the changes are significant on most (e.g. S93 running every 30 minutes instead of every 12 minutes, and most limited-stop lines running local-only)

Edited by checkmatechamp13

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

All of them have separate schedules for today. It's only the express lines that have them published and easily accessible, but the changes are significant on most (e.g. S93 running every 30 minutes instead of every 12 minutes, and most limited-stop lines running local-only)

Google maps has the same issue with it showing the actual weekday schedules over the reduced schedules on all lines so it’s a mess if you’re taking a local bus today since you can’t look at the reduced schedules online.

The NG I rode on the B17 earlier, one of the windows in the rear door had an New Flyer logo, near the bottom. Just happened to look down and notice the logo haha.

Noteworthy cause it's an New Flyer window in an Orion bus. Ethier some XD40 and NG parts are interchangeable or NF is making Orion parts since they went out of business. Probably the latter.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The NG I rode on the B17 earlier, one of the windows in the rear door had an New Flyer logo, near the bottom. Just happened to look down and notice the logo haha.

Noteworthy cause it's an New Flyer window in an Orion bus. Ethier some XD40 and NG parts are interchangeable or NF is making Orion parts since they went out of business. Probably the latter.

Correct on the latter. But glass is glass, anyone can make it. 

13 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Either there are a lot of ghost buses or routes like the s59 are running every 2 hours (supposed to be every 30). 
I unfortunately believe that it is the latter.

Must be a driver shortage. Multiple operator must've called out and the (MTA) couldn't find someone to fill 3 of the runs.

I waited an hour for the B1 a couple of days ago, so its pretty bad citywide.

Edited by Mtatransit

My thoughts of the M125. The M125 honestly, should run out of Manhattanville. Why?

For one, the current Bx15 (and future M125) terminates right by it (straight deadhead to 133rd where it's located).

And secondly, it would be shorter headways with Standards (3-4 Minutes for 40-Footers) than Artics (8 Minutes with 60-Footers).

Also, some Operators could interchange M125 and M104 trips.

2 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

My thoughts of the M125. The M125 honestly, should run out of Manhattanville. Why?

For one, the current Bx15 (and future M125) terminates right by it (straight deadhead to 133rd where it's located).

And secondly, it would be shorter headways with Standards (3-4 Minutes for 40-Footers) than Artics (8 Minutes with 60-Footers).

That is what I agree with too.

There were 15+ minute gaps for both the Bx12 local and SBS at 5 in the afternoon today due to the worker shortage. I just came off the Metro-North at Fordham with luggage so I skipped the bus and took a cab instead. Normally I'd get either 12 within five minutes at that hour.

If this nonsense keeps up, the long wait times are going to discourage ridership more than the actual onset of COVID did.

13 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

So now that the SIM23 and SIM24 are running MTA Buses, when does #1607-#1629 arrive for Meredith/Charleston?

Probably not for a while, delivery of the new provosts have been suspended due to various issues.

10 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

We have to start using our brains people the M125 is not part of the Manhattan Division just like the M100 it’s part of the BRONX division hints why it’s part of the BRONX redesign therefore it will not be based out off Manhattanville (it can’t even handle Artic operations yet) , MCH, 100st or MJQ. It will be based out of a BRONX DIVISION DEPOT that can handle ARTICULATED OPERATIONS most likely West Farms because it’s closer to 149st than KB or GH. The bx17, 21, 32 & 33 all deadhead back to WF from pt Morris/Mott Heaven with ease i don’t see why the M125 can’t do the same from 149 let’s not forget that the bx15 does have some trips that begin at 3ave - 149st to 125st in the early mornings 

17 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

We have to start using our brains people the M125 is not part of the Manhattan Division just like the M100 it’s part of the BRONX division hints why it’s part of the BRONX redesign therefore it will not be based out off Manhattanville (it can’t even handle Artic operations yet) , MCH, 100st or MJQ. It will be based out of a BRONX DIVISION DEPOT that can handle ARTICULATED OPERATIONS most likely West Farms because it’s closer to 149st than KB or GH. The bx17, 21, 32 & 33 all deadhead back to WF from pt Morris/Mott Heaven with ease i don’t see why the M125 can’t do the same from 149 let’s not forget that the bx15 does have some trips that begin at 3ave - 149st to 125st in the early mornings 

No need to be so rude. Not everyone knows that all Manhattan routes aren't based out of Manhattan Division depots, just like some Brooklyn routes are based out of the Queens Division.

6 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No need to be so rude. Not everyone knows that all Manhattan routes aren't based out of Manhattan Division depots, just like some Brooklyn routes are based out of the Queens Division.

EXACTLY! Routes like the Q24, Q54, Q55, Q56, Q58 and Q59 are Queens Routes, but based out of Brooklyn Division Depots (East New York, Fresh Pond and Grand Avenue). The B100 and B103 are technically Queens Division routes, because Spring Creek is part of MTA Bus Company, which is based from.......... Queens.

The M1 and M7 (and M18 before it was discontinued in the same year the Depot closed) operated out of Amsterdam Depot, which even though it's located in Manhattan, was a Bronx Division Depot. Same goes for Kingsbridge. Located in Northwestern Manhattan (northern Inwood, at the foot of the Broadway Bridge), but a Bronx Division Depot.

43 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

EXACTLY! Routes like the Q24, Q54, Q55, Q56, Q58 and Q59 are Queens Routes, but based out of Brooklyn Division Depots (East New York, Fresh Pond and Grand Avenue). The B100 and B103 are technically Queens Division routes, because Spring Creek is part of MTA Bus Company, which is based from.......... Queens.

The M1 and M7 (and M18 before it was discontinued in the same year the Depot closed) operated out of Amsterdam Depot, which even though it's located in Manhattan, was a Bronx Division Depot. Same goes for Kingsbridge. Located in Northwestern Manhattan (northern Inwood, at the foot of the Broadway Bridge), but a Bronx Division Depot.

Spring Creek was placed in the Queens Division in 2015...

Before this Spring Creek was in the Brooklyn Division of MTA bus and technically B100 and B103 are both based out of Brooklyn.