• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It looks like it was made out of paper and scotch taped over the quality control decal. I noticed that the OMNY fare decal was also removed.

With the recent units being retired, kind of guessed that it'll be off the roster at a given time. Maybe the decal stick is loose. 

And yes, the depot is a paper print scissor cut. 

Edited by Calvin

On 11/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's funny. I talk to Yonkers B/Os regularly on the side, as there are a number of them in my group, including one of the union heads. None of them seem to be that concerned about it. As you may know, NYC owns that depot and leases it to the (MTA) . The (MTA) is fine moving, but they want Yonkers to build another depot and the asking price is apparently too rich for the City of Yonkers. As it stands right now, I am sure my Assemblyman would get involved if express bus service were to be impacted by such a move. All of the express buses out of Yonkers Depot run in his district, from the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM18 to the BxM4 and the BxM11, so he knows he would get an earful from constituents (we have met in person before at his office about my group).

That's also interesting about Yonkers laying over there; I haven't seen any of them there, but it wouldn't shock me. I've seen only local buses over there, almost all of them artics. I'm guessing a chunk of them deadhead there for the M15 or whatever. Years ago when my uncle drove out of 100th St, I would go with him here and there on weekends and yes, finding a bathroom was a challenge. I recall using a place by Astor Place and once we used the Mother Clara Hale Depot as well, but that was when that depot was quite run down. The bathrooms were disgusting just because everything was so old.

How does NYC own something that isn't in their jurisdiction?

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

How does NYC own something that isn't in their jurisdiction?

Simple... In 2005, NYC purchased the property from Liberty Lines for 10+ million when (MTA) Bus was formed and took over all of the private express bus lines. At that time, it didn't matter because the area is out of the way and kind of depressed looking, but since Yonkers has moved to redevelop its waterfront, now it wants that land. Well they're going to have to pay for it and likely pay for a new depot to be built as well. The City of Yonkers benefits as well, as much as they like to pretend that they don't, as the BxM3, which NYC subsidizes, runs into Yonkers, providing express bus service for Yonkers residents. 

Transferring those express bus lines over to Eastchester apparently doesn't sit well with the (MTA) , as I suspect they habe concerns about meeting service and the extra deadhead necessary, which means increased operational costs. How is the City of Yonkers compensating for that? 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

53 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Quick little summary of all the former MTA Bus coaches at Charleston:

3069, 3072, 3076, 3084, 3087, 3096, 3109, 3116, 3117, 3136, 3137, 3175, 3186, 3187

I had a feeling they were gonna move some of the MTA Bus D4500s to make way for the SIM23/SIM24. Those buses are generally in pretty good shape for their age.

59 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Quick little summary of all the former MTA Bus coaches at Charleston:

3069, 3072, 3076, 3084, 3087, 3096, 3109, 3116, 3117, 3136, 3137, 3175, 3186, 3187

One minor update. Apparently 3136 is still at College Point at this time. That bus has NOT been moved to Charleston. Said bus is currently on the QM4. 

2 hours ago, paulrivera said:

I had a feeling they were gonna move some of the MTA Bus D4500s to make way for the SIM23/SIM24. Those buses are generally in pretty good shape for their age.

They don't have a choice quite frankly. I'm not sure yet if they plan on exercising the option for more new express buses or what, but even so, these will be better than those Academy buses. Most of these are former Yonkers Depot buses.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

20 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They don't have a choice quite frankly. I'm not sure yet if they plan on exercising the option for more new express buses or what, but even so, these will be better than those Academy buses. Most of these are former Yonkers Depot buses.

They are.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

They are.

May be delayed though, as they claim that they are going to fix the seating issue. We lost leg room on these new buses and riders are not pleased, so I don't know long it will take for the, to get Prevost to fix this problem. Also have lots of people falling with the stairs, but I don't know if they can do anytning about that. The layout is awkward for sure.

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

May be delayed though, as they claim that they are going to fix the seating issue. We lost leg room on these new buses and riders are not pleased, so I don't know long it will take for the, to get Prevost to fix this problem. Also have lots of people falling with the stairs, but I don't know if they can do anytning about that. The layout is awkward for sure.

Did they at least add seats with that change? If not, then how did they manage that?

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Everyone is so used to the MCI. It’s going to be an adjustment. There’s an extra step to the farebox and the step up to the aisle but it’s the same amount of steps that our Prevosts have always had. 

8 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Everyone is so used to the MCI. It’s going to be an adjustment. There’s an extra step to the farebox and the step up to the aisle but it’s the same amount of steps that our Prevosts have always had. 

It is not good at all. I had one operator that I know tell me that someone falls on those steps almost every trip he takes with a Prevost. I believe it too. It is difficult to try to get up those steps and tap with OMNY simultaneously, which is why I am always boarding and looking down so I don't fall. It was the same story with the older Prevosts. I have never adjusted to them. I don't have this issue with the MCIs. The placement of the reader is such that I board the steps and tap simultaneously. That's pretty much impossible on the Prevosts.

9 hours ago, Lex said:

Did they at least add seats with that change? If not, then how did they manage that?

No, it's my understanding that it has nothing to do with more seats (same amount of seats - 57). They are saying that it has to do with ADA changes, as in the wheelchair seats to allow for "increased wheelchair rotation space". That leads me to wonder how much room was allotted on the old Prevosts that they made this change.

3 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The buses that Yonkers brought over from Eastchester and College Point are so rattly. Man, I was so spoiled with the buses that Yonkers sent to SI for the SIM23 and SIM24.

Yonkers gave those buses lots and lots of TLC over the last 16 years.

Those 3000's and 3100's from Yonkers are well maintained. There's also a Spring Creek unit there too. I wouldn't be surprised if more SC and YO units head to Charleston.

The MTA changed the S90 PDF schedule to reflect making all LOCAL stops after PARK AVE. Like how stupid can yall be? I wonder if they're gonna make DOT add S90 to the actual street stops. This agency is so dumb, I will go so hard when it's time for the redesign because they will NOT f**k that up. 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The MTA changed the S90 PDF schedule to reflect making all LOCAL stops after PARK AVE. Like how stupid can yall be? I wonder if they're gonna make DOT add S90 to the actual street stops. This agency is so dumb, I will go so hard when it's time for the redesign because they will NOT f**k that up. 

Could be worse. Like when they first did the 33C schedule and our paddles and they gave us 5 mins to go from Slosson to the Harbor on the weekends. A lot of blown meals on that one. 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I’m not understanding the problem here…explain a little bit more.

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

The limited portion of the 90 runs between the ferry and South Avenue, which is three limited stops after Park. That’s the issue. 

Oh so basically meaning, what’s the point of having it be a limited when half the line is local anyway?

Maybe consolidate the line more, by having it just stop at Nicholas, Morningstar, South, Forest and then straight to Amazon?

Just now, NBTA said:

Oh so basically meaning, what’s the point of having it be a limited when half the line is local anyway?

Maybe consolidate the line more, by having it just stop at Nicholas, Morningstar, South, Forest and then straight to Amazon?

No no, it’s an error in the stop listing. The 90 stops at the ferry, Jersey, Lafayette, North Burgher, Park Avenue, Nicholas, Van Name/Simonson, Harbor, South and then all stops to Amazon. That’s how it’s always been. 

If someone wants to go to Morningstar, they’re going to be disappointed when the 90 goes right past the stop. It’s a setup for conflicts.