• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those that use the downtown express buses: How often do express bus drivers (specifically the CP ones) turn onto Vesey Street instead of Park Place when going to Queens? I saw a QM11 attempt to turn onto Vesey Street for some reason and it almost got stuck on the turn. A SIM15 driver had to briefly get out of his bus to help out a bit.

4 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Question for those that use the downtown express buses: How often do express bus drivers (specifically the CP ones) turn onto Vesey Street instead of Park Place when going to Queens? I saw a QM11 attempt to turn onto Vesey Street for some reason and it almost got stuck on the turn. A SIM15 driver had to briefly get out of his bus to help out a bit.

The official routing has been Vesey Street for quite some time (since October of last year IIRC). It used to be Park Place, but with a stop that got permanently eliminated along the old route path (whether construction related or not), the routing was changed to reflect it. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

For the BM1, 2, 3 and 4,: when did they add Battery Place as the first drop-off stop in Manhattan? I remember it was Exchange Alley back then when the BM's 1-4 exited the tunnel turning right past Rector St on the (1) .  

Edited by Calvin

13 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The official routing has been Vesey Street for quite some time (since October of last year IIRC). It used to be Park Place, but with a stop that got permanently eliminated along the old route path (whether construction related or not), the routing was changed to reflect it. 

Are you sure that's the case? The other QM's still take the Park Place turn and the stop you mentioned was discontinued since 2014. Then again, I didn't observe all the buses there so I may be way off the mark with this.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

17 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Are you sure that's the case? The other QM's still take the Park Place turn and the stop you mentioned was discontinued since 2014. Then again, I didn't observe all the buses there so I may be way off the mark with this.

The official route for all is Vesey Street. The QM11 and QM25 timetables (from summer 2020) and bustime all denote this as well. So it's been in effect for sometime. You can do a wayback check to see approximately when that routing may have change, but it's no longer Park Place for any of the QMs. 

6 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The official route for all is Vesey Street. The QM11 and QM25 timetables (from summer 2020) and bustime all denote this as well. So it's been in effect for sometime. You can do a wayback check to see approximately when that routing may have change, but it's no longer Park Place for any of the QMs. 

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused because I kept seeing some QM7's and 25's take the Park Place turn, but you are right with what you said earlier. Again, thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

For the BM1, 2, 3 and 4,: when did they add Battery Place as the first drop-off stop in Manhattan? I remember it was Exchange Alley back then when the BM's 1-4 exited the tunnel turning right past Rector St on the (1) .  

That was always during the command bus days... Downtown loop First stop- Battery Place. 2nd Stop Exchange Alley.

Off peak to 57th and 3rd: Exchange Alley 1st stop

56 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

While I was in Hudson River Park earlier, I seen an LFS from YUK traveling N/B on the West Side Highway, no idea where it was headed.

North past 42nd St, probably to Kingsbridge Depot or Gun Hill as possible choices.

Edited by Calvin

I saw it around where the M8 terminal is.

Forgot to mention in my OP, I seen FOUR XE60s within like an 20 minute span this afternoon, one on the M23 and the other three on the M14. Nice to see them become more common. I know they don't dump all 15 in service at once due to spares, buses charging, buses out for maintenance, etc. I guess the most is 5 - 6 is in service at once on average?

Prior to today, I only seen one XE60 a day on average, so seeing four of them in one day was quite nice lol

32 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I saw it around where the M8 terminal is.

Forgot to mention in my OP, I seen FOUR XE60s within like an 20 minute span this afternoon, one on the M23 and the other three on the M14. Nice to see them become more common. I know they don't dump all 15 in service at once due to spares, buses charging, buses out for maintenance, etc. I guess the most is 5 - 6 is in service at once on average?

Prior to today, I only seen one XE60 a day on average, so seeing four of them in one day was quite nice lol

The most I'll guess is up to 7-8. That's 1/2 of the XE's on the road and other 1/2 at the depot with explanations mentioned. 

---

On the other hand, these past few weeks, seeing the BM3 drop off passengers around Ocean Av on a Saturday, they have not used the 2008 CT's on the road for weekends. Most is just the usual CL's. 

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Most I've seen at once was 9 during the PM rush last week

IIRC it was 5 on M14D, one on M14A, one on M23 and one on M34A

3 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its nearly mid November so its been about two months since 2248 last ran (unless someone else can verify or rectify that info).

2248 was indeed last in service on the 9th of September. 2247 was last in service on October 26th.

-------

For some odd reason, 4951 was in Lower Manhattan on Friday Morning. This caught me way, way off guard while I was waiting for some MCIs and some of those new shitcan 1500-series Prevosts.

rsz_img_1924.thumb.jpg.6aed3a992873f4f5da0b78d5a283d3e5.jpg

M60's were being detoured via the Bronx, due to the marathon... Buses also made a stop at 145th/Lenox.... Interesting (but sucks for anyone that needed service east of Lenox)...

Glad I decided to take the M60 instead of the Q48 at Marine Air Term. (they both arrived at the same time, not too long after I got off the Q47)....

8 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

M60's were being detoured via the Bronx, due to the marathon... Buses also made a stop at 145th/Lenox.... Interesting (but sucks for anyone that needed service east of Lenox)...

Glad I decided to take the M60 instead of the Q48 at Marine Air Term. (they both arrived at the same time, not too long after I got off the Q47)....

Supposedly there's a shuttle bus running between the (N) station and 125/Lexington, but lord only knows how often it's running...