BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

#9652 was also out on the Bx7 earlier, it should've pulled into KB a few minutes ago.

Yea. Early morning runs with these buses.  KB has the most right now with 7 buses so I would expect more of these buses to go out daily. I know that OH and MHV are still training.  

9665 made an appearance on the M11 on Monday (I could be wrong) 

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Yea. Early morning runs with these buses.  KB has the most right now with 7 buses so I would expect more of these buses to go out daily. I know that OH and MHV are still training.  

9665 made an appearance on the M11 on Monday (I could be wrong) 

Yep, April 20th to be exact.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the LFS HEVs in the Bronx and Manhattan start running in service over the next few days.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, Future ENY OP said:

It appears that 2589 is doing a local trip.. It's on the S55 to Staten Island Mall.  Is there an interline between the S55 and any of the express buses near the mall.

In the past, some S55s were interlined with express routes. I imagine that was retained in the SIM scheme.

The M101 does not have enhanced service overnight service. So quite literally, overnight M101 service is suspended tonight. The last short-turn to 96th Street left Fort George about 35 minutes ago and is approaching 125th Street, so there's nothing scheduled from north of there until that 4:53 AM bus from 193rd Street. Also, the southbound cancellations don't match what's on the schedule (they leave on :10, not :26), but the northbound ones do. 

Delays  Posted:  04/30/2021 12:01 AM

The following M101 trips will not run tonight: 

Northbound: 1:01AM, 1:32AM, 2:32AM, 3:32AM, 4:32AM and 5:18AM

Southbound: 12:53AM, 1:26AM, 2:26AM, 3:26AM, 4:26AM and 5:26AM

We are running as much service as we can with the bus operators we have available. Check for updates before traveling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

So apparently bustime has an alert for this, but it shows fewer trips cancelled. It looks like it'll run every 2 hours instead of not running at all, but of course the MTA alert section and Twitter has them all as cancelled.

Service Alert for M101 + Click for info

The following M101 trips will not run tonight:

Northbound: 1:10AM, 2:32AM and 4:32AM
Southbound: 1:26AM, 3:26AM and 5:26AM

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Had the opportunity to catch the new express bus today, feels like a spaceship when you step onboard. The yellow and chrome around the drivers area makes the details stand out, and when you turn towards the seating area, the sleek designed seats, bigger clear windows, seat belts and TV monitors make it feel like you're stepping into an airplane/train hybrid. 

I was a bit skeptical about the way they did things this time, but after riding today, I can get used to them. The seats are actually pretty comfortable, and they have more arch in the upper back area. The seat belts do not get in the way unless it was never unfastened (the buses come with all seat belts fastened). I still personally feel that the seats should be higher by design, but the new windows seem to be a bit bigger vertically, so it provides for a better armrest at least. The USB ports on the back of the seats are not too bad, although I think having it above was not an issue in terms of inconvenience. All rows don't have USB ports behind each seat though, but I couldn't see if they placed them on the overhead panel for those seats or on the wall. The seats also recline much more than the older Prevost. They recline like the older MCIs, but because the seats are so new and haven't broken in yet, you really have to sit in it before it can lock back into place. 

The back row is significantly higher than the rest of the bus (but at least that oddball left rear seat is leveled with the rest of the row, compared to the older models). I also appreciate them getting rid of the interior lights that were near the windows. Those lights were so piercing at night and I'm glad it's not even an option to turn on anymore. 

As for the information screens....they TALK. Yepp, I thought they were silent from all of the prior on board videos I've seen, but they definitely talk. They announce the pick up stops and the drop off stops as well. The screen was frozen on my bus today, but the stop request sign was still functioning. Oh, also, when you hit the stop request button, a fancy chime plays and then the voice announces "Stop Requested". 

Overall, I like them, and they feel exclusive. I can see why only Meredith is getting them as of now in terms of Staten Island. I would hate to see these get run down at Yukon or Castleton with high demands of service or late night shenanigans. 

Here are some photos and a video of the announcements and stop requested chime. 

B9-E11-AAA-CF23-4284-B6-C7-E7-AF040861-E

F6-DAF8-E9-6-FC6-4-DD5-B0-C4-1-ABF4-B0-C

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

The NYCT Prevosts have different seats than the MTA Bus ones, so the comfort will definitely be different. I think all the rows have USBs except for the center seat in the back. The rear left seat is flush now because there's no longer the hydraulic engine fan back there. It's all electric fans resulting in less space being taken up.

16 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Riders complaining about missing trips early this morning on the B12, B35, and B41... Don't know what's been goin on lately....

15 hours ago, Deucey said:

Retirements and that hiring freeze.

It's more than that. Drivers take off. They don't replace them. 

12 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I’ve been seeing more and more of the “you may wait longer for a bus. We are running as much service as possible with the operators we have” messages on Bustime again. 

Supposedly, there's a very strict protocol in place and drivers can be sent home if they show any signs of illness. They do the whole temperature check, etc.

35 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The NYCT Prevosts have different seats than the MTA Bus ones, so the comfort will definitely be different. I think all the rows have USBs except for the center seat in the back. The rear left seat is flush now because there's no longer the hydraulic engine fan back there. It's all electric fans resulting in less space being taken up.

That makes sense as for hydraulic vs electric cooling fans. 

I recall seeing images of the MTA Bus batch not having USB ports on every seat, so I assumed some seats didn't have USB on the bus I was on today, but all the rows that I saw had the ports. I didn't know the specs varied that differently between the two agencies.

12 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That makes sense as for hydraulic vs electric cooling fans. 

I recall seeing images of the MTA Bus batch not having USB ports on every seat, so I assumed some seats didn't have USB on the bus I was on today, but all the rows that I saw had the ports. I didn't know the specs varied that differently between the two agencies.

I didn't know either till I took a look at 1562. Read the training docs and saw that it was American Seating (like the older buses) for the MTA Bus units and 4Ones for NYCT. 

11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Guess the Bx99, Q99 and B99 are almost finished...

There was never a Q99. You mean B99, M99, Bx99, and that remains to be undetermined.  Hope they do stay for the time being. Not 100% sure if they release rider statistics for the overnight lines. 

I wonder if there was a time that a 99 route picked up no one from terminal A to B. But I expect the temporary bus stops at Canal St to be removed by the end of next week. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

There was never a Q99. You mean B99, M99, Bx99, and that remains to be undetermined.  Hope they do stay for the time being. Not 100% sure if they release rider statistics for the overnight lines. 

Whats the point of keeping them when the subway is back to full operation?