• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• B35 via Church

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Seeing how the B99 and M99 traveling on similar paths in Brooklyn and Downtown Manhattan there isn’t really too much interlining.  

However, it’s good to see the Overnight bus program is making its way to Manhattan and The Bronx. Is the start day on Sunday 8/2 or Wednesday 8/5? 

There's no interlining at all.

There would be if the routes were out of the same depot. 

On 7/31/2020 at 12:07 AM, Trainmaster5 said:

I remember talking to a man from the GM Tarrytown plant years ago. He said that if GM made the perfect auto you would never need to buy another one.

The only bulletproof GM product is their Dextron II transmission fluid - makes every transmission run smoothly forever unless it's a GM transmission.

Well, they always said they wanted to run the SBS like a subway...

DETOURS  Posted: 08/01/2020  4:13PM

Bx9, Bx12, Bx12-SBS, Bx17 and Bx22 buses are detoured because of a bus with mechanical problems in the road at Fordham Rd and Cambreleng Ave.

Northbound Bx9 buses will make stops as requested on Bedford Park Blvd and Webster Ave. 

Northbound Bx17 buses will make stops as requested on Crotona Ave and 187th St. 

35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I just saw 5992 in Rockaway out of service, probably running on the Q53-SBS. Arent NYCT buses not allowed to run on MTA bus routes or is it the other way around?

They're being leased to MTA Bus and LaGuardia has been borrowing some 5900's from Stengel every summer for the past few years.

40 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I just saw 5992 in Rockaway out of service, probably running on the Q53-SBS. Arent NYCT buses not allowed to run on MTA bus routes or is it the other way around?

They can, with another exception to the bus model being close to retirement, such as the RTS and 6500-6600 Orion VII series. 

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I’m pretty sure it’s the other way around. I don’t think the 35/36/37XXs, 4020-39, 4140-69, 4631-55, 7438-82 will ever be owned by NYCT. 

23 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok, but whats up with the local XD60's operating on the Q53-SBS lately?

3 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

Not to mention there was something a while back about how they didn’t want to keep those MTABC buses in the SBS scheme just for the Q52/53, and they wanted to put them in the local scheme so they could run on any route if needed (i.e. the buses at JFK showing up on the Q10 and Q7, or the LGA buses showing up on routes like the Q33 and Q49 which have had an artic from the Q53 pop on due to some delays in Jackson Heights on several occasions)

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question to all: Which depot is in charge of BxM7 late night.. Eastchester or College Point

The overnight BxM7 is typically handled by Eastchester. However, there may be occasions where other depots join in. As far as the overnight service goes, in some places, it looks like a free-for-all in terms of depot assignments, as long as the trips are run.

As of recently, GH has been covering the late night Bx4 and Bx40 trips, which were typically covered by WF. Might be because they have their operators training for the Bx99, and they won't have enough to do that, and the Bx4/Bx40. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question to all: Which depot is in charge of BxM7 late night.. Eastchester or College Point

Don't know about in charge per se, but I've seen Eastchester & College Point buses on the BxM7 during the few times I've been 'fanning the B99 to get to Manhattan....

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Does this mean that SBS itself may be phased out?

Potentially. The whole point of SBS and IMO, the main selling point was the off board fare payment (save S79 which was botched 😒) which probably saved the most time. With OMNY, back door boarding can be a thing but enforcement is the other big issue which easily eats up any revenue the MTA gained. And with the OMNY readers, there's almost no point in maintaining on the street machines which require people to refill the ticket paper, routine maintenance and emptying out coins.

Edited by danielhg121

On 7/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, Calvin said:

Yonkers has the Prevost #23 and has version 2 screens on-board left and right (more than one). Seen images that's on the BxM11 with quote "Masks Required"  

Yep, they have 4 half screen Vianova screens. 

That's what the 40ft Xcelsiors with the slanted AC ceiling mount should've had; a half screen behind the driver on the GPS box, and a full one on the roof just ahead of the rear door. 

I wonder if with OMNY, if they'll eliminate SBS and limited all together, and call routes local and express to stay in sync with the subways. 

S40 LOCAL 

S90 EXPRESS 

B6 LOCAL 

B6 LIMITED 

Bx12 LOCAL 

Bx12 EXPRESS 

Besides...borough redesigns are happening now, perfect time for a fresh makeover.

42 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I wonder if with OMNY, if they'll eliminate SBS and limited all together, and call routes local and express to stay in sync with the subways. 

S40 LOCAL 

S90 EXPRESS 

B6 LOCAL 

B6 LIMITED 

Bx12 LOCAL 

Bx12 EXPRESS 

Besides...borough redesigns are happening now, perfect time for a fresh makeover.

Nah, that would be confused with the express buses that's run with coach buses. They could just rename every LIMITED designated route to SELECT, under the guise that it makes SELECT stops. LIMITED...SELECT, mean the same thing when everyone has OMNY back door boarding and the same stop pattern.