BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

21 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Bx99 I hear will go from Houston Street to Woodlawn.

Good idea if it takes the Concourse, up to Woodlawn.... More centrally located in the West Bronx than (running via) Jerome.

2 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

There's a reason the B99 goes up to Columbus Circle and not, say, Penn Station or Times Square. It spans the entirety of Midtown, reaching more people.

Someone gets it.

Same concept behind having some of the express buses running up to 57th or 59th st. from SI or Brooklyn....

1 hour ago, B61In2002 said:

So then have the Bx99 stop at 14 St or near the Astor Pl stop. But it doesnt have to go all the way down to Houston.

27 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

That's not running...

16 minutes ago, B61In2002 said:

If the (D) was running I'm pretty sure a Bx99 wouldnt even exist. And if this was a (D) replacement I think it would run on Grand Concourse.

Fairly sure that there being no (D) station at 14th st, was the point.....

Ending it at 14th st. would be a stub.... Houston makes more sense.

24 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Let me guess. There's a Q99 in the works as well?

I'm still waiting for an N95 ;)

Edited by B35 via Church

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

It would be safe to assume that it'll use the 3 train as a blueprint tho

3 hours ago, B61In2002 said:

And wouldnt it make more sense for an M99 to be a replacement for the downtown portion of the overnight 4 train? Or is it confirmed that 42 St in this case means Times Sqaure?

Remember, they're using the overnight network as a template, not the daytime network. If the B99 is the Brooklyn portion of the (2) then the M99 is the Brooklyn portion of the (4). To me "42nd Street" meant GCT, not Times Square when I read it. Mu hunch is @B61In2002 is correct.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

34 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Remember, they're using the overnight network as a template, not the daytime network. If the B99 is the Brooklyn portion of the (2) then the M99 is the Brooklyn portion of the (4). To me "42nd Street" meant GCT, not Times Square when I read it. Mu hunch is @B61In2002 is correct.

How's the B99 doing in terms of ridership?

13 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

It would be safe to assume that it'll use the 3 train as a blueprint tho

Could be an interesting route as it runs through Eastern Parkway (B71 memories??)

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yeah, the overnight (4) ran to New Lots via the (3) local, so the idea'll be to utilize the B99 for West side service ((2) overnights) & the M99 for East side service ((4) overnights)

4 hours ago, B61In2002 said:

So then have the Bx99 stop at 14 St or near the Astor Pl stop. But it doesnt have to go all the way down to Houston.

The difference between Astor Place and Houston Street is a mere 6 blocks. You might as well send it to Houston....

8 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

The difference between Astor Place and Houston Street is a mere 6 blocks. You might as well send it to Houston....

Ah, ok then. 

Wait, isnt the Bx99 proposed routing basically a BxM4 with different stops and stopping at the Woodlawn station instead of Katonah Av?

5 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

There hasn't been any kind of routing announced yet.

Ah, ok. But theres gonna be something that makes this different from the BxM4 which at the current moment is our overnight uptown (4) train, yes?

Edit: I dont remember if the BxM4 got discontinued.

Edited by B61In2002

What's with these descriptions? What are these issues?

PLANNED WORK  Posted: 07/12/2020  1:45AM

Until further notice
S78 buses are detoured between Tompkins Ave at Vanderbilt Ave and St Pauls Ave at Van Duzer St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S76 buses are detoured between Vanderbilt Ave at Bay St and Hannah St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S74 buses are detoured between Targee St at Vanderbilt Ave and Hannah St at Bay St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S52 buses are detoured from Tompkins Ave at Vanderbilt Ave and St Pauls Ave at Cebra Ave due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S51 buses are detoured between Bay St at Edgewater Ave and Hannah St at Bay St due to issues along the route

6 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

What's with these descriptions? What are these issues?

Until further notice
S78 buses are detoured between Tompkins Ave at Vanderbilt Ave and St Pauls Ave at Van Duzer St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S76 buses are detoured between Vanderbilt Ave at Bay St and Hannah St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S74 buses are detoured between Targee St at Vanderbilt Ave and Hannah St at Bay St due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S52 buses are detoured from Tompkins Ave at Vanderbilt Ave and St Pauls Ave at Cebra Ave due to issues along the route

Until further notice
S51 buses are detoured between Bay St at Edgewater Ave and Hannah St at Bay St due to issues along the route

There's been a guy mentally disturbed guy throwing rocks and stones at buses as they pass by near Bay St & Water St, so buses have been on detour for like the last week or so. 

Basically towards the ferry, the S51/S76/S74/S78 are taking Vanderbilt and going back across to Front St (around Clifton shop), and along the water to Hannah St, where they turn right on Bay St. The S52 follows the route up until Hannah St, but instead of turning right on Bay St, it continues up to St Pauls, and backtracks via the S78 route to Cebra, where it turns right to continues the route. 

Going towards the other direction, the S51/S76 still use Front St to Bay St/Vanderbilt. But the S52/S78 after St Pauls/Beach St continue down St Pauls to Osgood, then take that to Vanderbilt and then back onto Tompkins. The S74 runs via the S78 to St Pauls and continues on St Paul's until it hits Broad St. 

Its a hot mess. I see why they said issues. 

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

There's been a guy mentally disturbed guy throwing rocks and stones at buses as they pass by near Bay St & Water St, so buses have been on detour for like the last week or so......

What's even more disturbed than that, is this apparently being:

PLANNED WORK

41 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I remember seeing that message last week. They haven't arrested that guy yet? SMH

...and do what with him?

Petty crimes aren't being taken too seriously right now with these cops..... He'd be "thrown" right back on the street within minutes, if they even decide to make an effort to detain this nutcase at all..... For starters, you can thank, well, Mayor DeBozo - as well as the good folks over there down around City Hall protesting that the police be de-funded disbanded (that is, if there any of them even left, after homeless people started "occupying" the area the protesters originally "occupied").....

On 7/11/2020 at 2:53 PM, Cait Sith said:

8, just to be a pain in the ass lol. But agree. MTA was smarter when it sent buses down to Houston anyway. Still waiting for the M5 to be restored to its correct turning point...

46 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

8, just to be a pain in the ass lol. But agree. MTA was smarter when it sent buses down to Houston anyway. Still waiting for the M5 to be restored to its correct turning point...

That depends on which side of Broadway you're standing on!🤣

Nah, you're right lol.

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

Man, the (MTA) is already putting the cart before the horse with the Bronx redesign routes:

How long have these been up?

unknown.pngunknown.png

What happened to the Bx25. I thought there was a possible return for that route. Looks like it’s scrapped. Is the Bronx re-design on schedule for the fall? 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

What happened to the Bx25. I thought there was a possible return for that route. Looks like it’s scrapped. Is the Bronx re-design on schedule for the fall? 

I haven’t heard anything about the Bx25 being cut, so I think it’s still planned to return.

It could just be that the MTA doesn’t wanna put that route up on BusTime to avoid confusing people and making them think the Bx25 is running in service or something.

5 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

I haven’t heard anything about the Bx25 being cut, so I think it’s still planned to return.

It could just be that the MTA doesn’t wanna put that route up on BusTime to avoid confusing people and making them think the Bx25 is running in service or something.

U know what. It makes sense.