• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Alert!

New route coming soon at night between the hours of Midnight to 5am similar to the B99.

Introducing the M99!

The M99 will go through the borough of Manhattan 42nd Street to Brooklyn New lots. The route is currently under test by managements and union officials at the respective depot that will provide the service.

The Bx99 will be another nightly route to be released after the M99

Stay tune for more information.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Alert!

New route coming soon at night between the hours of Midnight to 5am similar to the B99.

Introducing the M99!

The M99 will go through the borough of Manhattan 42nd Street to Brooklyn New lots. The route is currently under test by managements and union officials at the respective depot that will provide the service.

M99? What the actual...

And what is this obsession with using 99 for these routes?

6 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Alert!

Introducing the M99!

For a hot second i thought you were telling us about the B99 again LMAO.

Source? And i thought Bronx was fine with all the interborough service, what gives? If anything, Queens needs more interborough service.

4 hours ago, Lex said:

M99? What the actual...

And what is this obsession with using 99 for these routes?

Im guessing 99 is just gonna be their trial numbers.

8 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Alert!

Introducing the M99!

Bx99 I hear will go from Houston Street to Woodlawn.

Neither here nor there, but part of misses the days when we had an interesting fleet with all these new lines running through the city. B99 comes into Manhattan using what, new XD40s or O7 NGs, same as the Quill fleet. But to imagine an FB RTS running that route? Or O7 CNGs running a Bx99? Kinda reminds me of the Hurricane Sandy shuttles, which were something like this. That was a ride...

16 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Sounds interesting... we don't know its route yet, right?

It would be safe to assume that it'll use the 3 train as a blueprint tho

Could be an interesting route as it runs through Eastern Parkway (B71 memories??)

Edited by Yankees4life

10 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Neither here nor there, but part of misses the days when we had an interesting fleet with all these new lines running through the city. B99 comes into Manhattan using what, new XD40s or O7 NGs, same as the Quill fleet. But to imagine an FB RTS running that route? Or O7 CNGs running a Bx99? Kinda reminds me of the Hurricane Sandy shuttles, which were something like this. That was a ride...

I would agree with mainly the RTS part. The engine would've been beasty when crossing the bridge at it's high MPH. But my worries with the OG CNG(even the BX99), is the noise as highly disruptive by the exhaust.  Residents cannot sleep through that repeated noise after midnight. But as of today, the XD40s are best on this route. Imagine sleeping in this bus throughout the route, the quietness does not bother. And I like to hear the exterior humming noise of the aerodynamic breeze of the bus along with it's Cummins engine runs. 

6 minutes ago, Xcelsior Man said:

I would agree with mainly the RTS part. The engine would've been beasty when crossing the bridge at it's high MPH. But my worries with the OG CNG(even the BX99), is the noise as highly disruptive by the exhaust.  Residents cannot sleep through that repeated noise after midnight. But as of today, the XD40s are best on this route. Imagine sleeping in this bus throughout the route, the quietness does not bother. And I like to hear the exterior humming noise of the aerodynamic breeze of the bus along with it's Cummins engine runs. 

What high MPH, almost all of them were governed at 40 during the end of their lives.

As for the OG CNGs, I don't think that's even a factor when you consider that those buses always ran overnight during their time.....the ONLY community that complained about those buses is the stuck-up area known as Country Club, as they wanted the Bx8 out of there.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

What high MPH, almost all of them were governed at 40 during the end of their lives.

As for the OG CNGs, I don't think that's even a factor when you consider that those buses always ran overnight during their time.....the ONLY community that complained about those buses is the stuck-up area known as Country Club, as they wanted the Bx8 out of there.

I mean't it's highest can be the governed MPH you just mention(forgot to include). 

18 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Bx99 I hear will go from Houston Street to Woodlawn.

And suddenly we have a new contester for longest bus route. Youd think an overnight uptown 4 train would be Grand Central to Woodlawn. But Houston? That's WAY too far. 

57 minutes ago, B61In2002 said:

And suddenly we have a new contester for longest bus route. Youd think an overnight uptown 4 train would be Grand Central to Woodlawn. But Houston? That's WAY too far. 

I strongly disagree. Starting at Houston means that the route can pick up riders all along Midtown and Upper Manhattan. By starting at Grand Central, you'll be making things harder for people commuting from 14th Street and NoHo, and a lot of those folks are the ones heading uptown as well, so it doesn't really make sense to leave them out, or to make them transfer to get to the Bx99.

There's a reason the B99 goes up to Columbus Circle and not, say, Penn Station or Times Square. It spans the entirety of Midtown, reaching more people.

1 hour ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

I strongly disagree. Starting at Houston means that the route can pick up riders all along Midtown and Upper Manhattan. By starting at Grand Central, you'll be making things harder for people commuting from 14th Street and NoHo, and a lot of those folks are the ones heading uptown as well, so it doesn't really make sense to leave them out, or to make them transfer to get to the Bx99.

There's a reason the B99 goes up to Columbus Circle and not, say, Penn Station or Times Square. It spans the entirety of Midtown, reaching more people.

So then have the Bx99 stop at 14 St or near the Astor Pl stop. But it doesnt have to go all the way down to Houston.

19 minutes ago, Lex said:

The (D) is a thing...

If the (D) was running I'm pretty sure a Bx99 wouldnt even exist. And if this was a (D) replacement I think it would run on Grand Concourse.

6 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Let me guess. There's a Q99 in the works as well?

I mean, a (7) train bus is needed, which could just be a Q32 extension to Flushing.