• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I'm just sitting on Google maps and i see there is  q110 coming from Belmont park approaching an hour down do they help him out or nah?

Nah: Last Stop: Hempstead Avenue at 225th Street. 110 goes out of service and lays over inside the park. This can be solved if the Last Stop of the 2/110 was moved over to Hempstead Turnpike at Locustwood Blvd  or Elmont Road and layover at the n1 stand for a safe transfer between NICE and MTA. 

Passengers on the Q2/110 start boarding at Springfield Blvd at Hempstead Avenue. They don't use the stop at 225th Street because it's the entrance to Cross Island Parkway.

Edited by NY1635

5 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

If they want B/O's going 15mph then they're going to continue to bleed riders. I do NOT want to be on a bus going 15mph, that's bike speed. 25MPH is slow enough!

I've said this before, that's when speeds and ridership really started to drop, coincidence? I think not.

2012 and 2013 were some great years to ride the bus. The MTA ordered tons of new buses, LFS, LFSA, XD40, XD60s, Orion VIIs, C40LFs and Prevost. Drivers were loving the new equipment and I sure was enjoying them loving the equipment 🤣. But yeah its not the same anymore. This city is going backwards. 

3 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Nah: Last Stop: Hempstead Avenue at 225th Street. 110 goes out of service and lays over inside the park. This can be solved if the Last Stop of the 2/110 was moved over to Hempstead Turnpike at Locustwood Blvd  or Elmont Road and layover at the n1 stand for a safe transfer between NICE and MTA. 

Passengers on the Q2/110 start boarding at Springfield Blvd at Hempstead Avenue. They don't use the stop at 225th Street because it's the entrance to Cross Island Parkway.

One way or another, you're gonna stop spreading bullshit around on this forum....

Don't make it out to be that the Q2/110 is useless east of Springfield..... Locustwood would not yield many more riders than that of at 225th, and to swing buses out to Elmont rd. is unnecessary with the infamous n6 panning out there.....

8 hours ago, NY1635 said:

They do pick up people at 225th and Cross Island Parkway unless this is a brand new thing where they don’t anymore. I haven’t been out that way in a little while but I used to see some people over there waiting for the bus. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

They do pick up people at 225th and Cross Island Parkway unless this is a brand new thing where they don’t anymore. I haven’t been out that way in a little while but I used to see some people over there waiting for the bus. 

Chances are, it's diarrhea. Don't even bother.

11 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Him & his perpetual injecting of Nassau county into something city related again...

Anyway, over time & quite recently as of late last year, I have seen that stop packed with people during the AM rush... There is no relevance to the fact that the stop is proximate to the CIP.... Those SFR's (single family residences) out there east of Springfield have gone nowhere & there hasn't been any real diminished patronage of the Q2/Q110 out there....

10 hours ago, Lex said:

Chances are, it's diarrhea. Don't even bother.

Verbal diarrhea is right & some pepto bismol is in order.

You can have opinions or whatever, but if the foundation of it is rooted in... crap, you're gonna catch flack.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

I was on the B46 Local earlier today from Av. N up to Kings Plaza (7316). The version 1 screens were active showing stops along Utica Av and Flatbush Av.  

Funny thing is that I was on 7320 on the B41-LTD TODAY wondering if those monitors have or ever had a purpose.... The one on 7320 only says “WELCOME ABOARD” and “STOP REQUESTED” and is blank.

What a coincidence how I was wondering the same thing today...

15 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Funny thing is that I was on 7320 on the B41-LTD TODAY wondering if those monitors have or ever had a purpose.... The one on 7320 only says “WELCOME ABOARD” and “STOP REQUESTED” and is blank.

What a coincidence how I was wondering the same thing today...

These are the ex B46 SBS fleet before the 7600s took over the line. It was part of of the original group of test buses. 

Edited by Jdog14

1 hour ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I forgot to mention one time i saw an OOS bus at 34th/7th waiting for m34 sbs and group of operators got off and swapped out other operators are they the relief operators for m34 sbs and i guess they relieve there?

Yes. That's the switch point for the M34/A bus ops. 

geared towards the bus drivers

do you do group reliefs where you travel in a vehicle? to expand on the question what happens when the one you are supposed to relieve is severely late with the bus does the vehicle that is used for shuttling the relief members back does it wait for them or let those who had on time reliefs go ahead and leave

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Is there any demand for a Washington Heights to Riverdale bus route via Fort Washington and Independence? YES, I know the Bx7 is there, but the routing would be quite different, AND this would be SBS, see below:

Bx74 +SBS+

• 178 St/Ft Wash
  • 181 St/Ft Wash (A)
  • 190 St/ Ft Wash (A)
    • via Overlook Terrace
  • Fairview/Bway (1)
  • Dyckman/Bway (A)
    • via Henry Hudson Bridge
  • 232/Independence
  • 236/Douglas (some buses only)
    • buses that stop here terminate here. others stay on Independence
  • 239/Independence
  • 246/Independence
  • 252/HHP (NB only)
  • 249/Bingham-Wave Hill
    • uses 249th to HHP to turn around

And I made a Piskelapp sign:

f16e0cc0-3cb9-11ea-8610-ab955a2b96a6.gif

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

Is there any demand for a Washington Heights to Riverdale bus route via Fort Washington and Independence? YES, I know the Bx7 is there, but the routing would be quite different, AND this would be SBS, see below:

Bx74 +SBS+

• 178 St/Ft Wash
  • 181 St/Ft Wash (A)
  • 190 St/ Ft Wash (A)
    • via Overlook Terrace
  • Fairview/Bway (1)
  • Dyckman/Bway (A)
  • 232/Independence
  • 239/Independence
  • 246/Independence
  • 252/HHP (NB only)
  • 249/Bingham-Wave Hill

Thoughts?

I'd rather see a rerouted Bx20, an extended M100, and a Limited Bx7.

2 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Bx74 +SBS+

• 178 St/Ft Wash
  • 181 St/Ft Wash (A)
  • 190 St/ Ft Wash (A)
    • via Overlook Terrace
  • Fairview/Bway (1)
  • Dyckman/Bway (A)
  • 232/Independence
  • 239/Independence
  • 246/Independence
  • 252/HHP (NB only)
  • 249/Bingham-Wave Hill

Thoughts?

Do you realize how narrow some of the streets are in Riverdale? Not only that, some of these are private streets, and/or have no sidewalks. I live within walking distance to Wave Hill. People would not want a bus running in that area.

I do go back and forth between Hudson Heights and Riverdale, but when I do, I just grab an Uber. 10 minute ride. Riverdale and Hudson Heights have similar demographics. Both hilly areas overlooking the Hudson, but most just drive between the two neighborhoods. I know people on Cabrini Blvd near 186th, and on Fort Washington near 190th. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

52 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Seems like a new M1 code on some of the buses, shows GRAND ST as its own screen. Sort of like what the flipdot OGs had for that route, though that particular combination only occurred a couple times due to the fleet shift to MCH. 

Should really say SOHO GRAND ST but I'll take that over the GRAND ST VIA 5 AV/BWAY mess that was there before.

10 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Seems like a new M1 code on some of the buses, shows GRAND ST as its own screen. Sort of like what the flipdot OGs had for that route, though that particular combination only occurred a couple times due to the fleet shift to MCH. 

I saw it last night. Now it says:

M1 GRAND ST

M1 via 5th Avenue

Via Broadway

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

However, there’s only 5 delivered right now. Meanwhile a 6th one should be at vendor, if not there already to be delivered to MQ.

It’s been rather slow for deliveries as of late.  However, good news to say the least. Hopefully, we could get a XDE60 artic order before the XE order. 

39 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

However, there’s only 5 delivered right now. Meanwhile a 6th one should be at vendor, if not there already to be delivered to MQ.

It’s been rather slow for deliveries as of late.  However, good news to say the least. Hopefully, we could get a XDE60 artic order before the XE order. 

No plans on that yet.