• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• B35 via Church

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I have a theory, if somehow they change ot and stuff like that, they will sneak in part timers to work 12 hours with no ot to get around 40 hours rule

yes, that's exactly what they're attempting to do. if you have a 10 hour run, instead of one full timer at top pay completing that run you can have 2 part timers perform a 5 hour day with a possible swing. by the way, the way they speak of part time is as if they won't ever see a 8 hour work day, another way in which to avoid potential overtime due to lateness

Alright Folks I have a little insight information directly from management and union at Flatbush depot regarding the SBS46 articulated buses plan. According to the depot union chairman at Flatbush, the other day he attended the Operation Planning and designing  meeting to discuss a few issues regarding certain situations that has come up with some of flatbush depot routes. The MTA currently has plan for January 2020 to enroll the Articulated buses on some of the SBS46 runs but with a few issues that were addressed to the operation and planning team that the current 40ft buses sometimes barely have space at both layovers "Dekalb and Kingsplaza". So If the 40ft buses has problem sometimes laying over at these two location, what will happen when the artic buses are in effect?......... So clearly it seems like the dept of operations planning and design are a step behind and this may cause a slight delay from the sbs46 enrolling the artic buses which is planned for January 2020.

It really simmers me that I have to shell out $6 for an LIRR ticket every time there’s a 1 hour gap in Jamaica-bound Q114 service in Five Towns every time I leave work at 7 PM. They should just cross-honor this useless Unlimited Rides MetroCard.

1 hour ago, Axis said:

It really simmers me that I have to shell out $6 for an LIRR ticket every time there’s a 1 hour gap in Jamaica-bound Q114 service in Five Towns every time I leave work at 7 PM. They should just cross-honor this useless Unlimited Rides MetroCard.

Did it ever occur to you to see if there's one to Far Rockaway?

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Alright Folks I have a little insight information directly from management and union at Flatbush depot regarding the SBS46 articulated buses plan. According to the depot union chairman at Flatbush, the other day he attended the Operation Planning and designing  meeting to discuss a few issues regarding certain situations that has come up with some of flatbush depot routes. The MTA currently has plan for January 2020 to enroll the Articulated buses on some of the SBS46 runs but with a few issues that were addressed to the operation and planning team that the current 40ft buses sometimes barely have space at both layovers "Dekalb and Kingsplaza". So If the 40ft buses has problem sometimes laying over at these two location, what will happen when the artic buses are in effect?......... So clearly it seems like the dept of operations planning and design are a step behind and this may cause a slight delay from the sbs46 enrolling the artic buses which is planned for January 2020.

Well, that sucks.

It's not that hard to imagine, though...

weren't they going to extend that route further up broadway? 

definitely is a fair point. even back in the days, DeKalb & KP had issues with layovers between LTD's & lcl's... so maybe people will finally stop asking about artics on the 46sbs. it's a terminal capacity issue, simple & plain. 

Theoretically they could ask the DOT to use Broadway between Malcom X & DeKalb. I know sending it to the Bridge is not need that would been my only other choice, can’t wait to see what they come up with.

58 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

definitely is a fair point. even back in the days, DeKalb & KP had issues with layovers between LTD's & lcl's... so maybe people will finally stop asking about artics on the 46sbs. it's a terminal capacity issue, simple & plain. 

I haven't been down to KP recently, but I have seen the problems that those layovers used to cause, especially in the late 90s when Roy Rogers was in KP.....I miss that place(Roy Rogers, not KP)😭😂.

The traffic flow was pretty bad too. Operators used to have to wait quite a while just to pull out of the stop.

Edited by Cait Sith

18 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

I haven't been down to KP recently, but I have seen the problems that those layovers used to cause, especially in the late 90s when Roy Rogers was in KP.....I miss that place(Roy Rogers, not KP)😭😂.

The traffic flow was pretty bad too. Operators used to have to wait quite a while just to pull out of the stop.

😂 wow, roy rogers.. that's classic kp s***... even now during the summer, you'll still see at least 4 sbs buses on layover with no locals in sight, and any sbs pullouts from FB have to wedge themselves in there until someone departs, all while trying not to intentionally trap a helpless B9 in that God awful ass end of the terminal. look, they (DOT or whomever) had a chance to redesign that terminal properly, and they totally botched it capacity-wise. it's not out of the realm of possibility that shoving artics in there may present a daunting task to say the least, especially if the plan is to marginally maintain current headways (which i highly doubt) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

There are some major changes coming to Washington heights on the bx11, bx13, bx35 & bx36 to  accommodate the bx35 Articulation 

• bx11 & bx13 buses will now terminate where the bx35 terminate on

179st btw Wadsworth Ave & Broadway  

also eastbound stop on 181st & wadsworth Ave will now be shared with the bx3 

• bx35 & bx36/LTD will now share the terminal on 179st btw Broadway & ft Washington Ave 

eastbound stop on 178st btw wadsworth ave & Broadway has been eliminated and is being combined with the first stop on 178st & ft Washington Ave 

Bx35 & bx36 will now share the same route pattern west of 181st & Wadsworth Ave

6 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

There are some major changes coming to Washington heights on the bx11, bx13, bx35 & bx36 to  accommodate the bx35 Articulation 

• bx11 & bx13 buses will now terminate where the bx35 terminate on

179st btw Wadsworth Ave & Broadway  

also eastbound stop on 181st & wadsworth Ave will now be shared with the bx3 

• bx35 & bx36/LTD will now share the terminal on 179st btw Broadway & ft Washington Ave 

eastbound stop on 178st btw wadsworth ave & Broadway has been eliminated and is being combined with the first stop on 178st & ft Washington Ave 

Bx35 & bx36 will now share the same route pattern west of 181st & Wadsworth Ave

Source?

7 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Isn’t the Q12 interlined with other routes? Won’t artics find their way onto other routes? That means they gotta edit all the runs?

Excuse my ignorance but what interlines does the Q12 have. I haven’t been on that side of Northern Boulevard in years. However, from what I recall I don’t think Q12 have interlines that would warrant any additional artic service. 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Excuse my ignorance but what interlines does the Q12 have. I haven’t been on that side of Northern Boulevard in years. However, from what I recall I don’t think Q12 have interlines that would warrant any additional artic service. 

I think I've seen some Q12 buses go down Roosevelt and come back up as Q15's I'm pretty sure. Don't know if they changed it in the past few years.