SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/27/2015  4:12PM 

NYC Transit began gradual restoration of service at 9AM.

Subway service will operate on a Sunday schedule. Bus service is being restored to a limited Sunday schedule.

Subway Sunday Schedule Reminder:

No 5.png service in Brooklyn.
   No 6.png express service.
   No 7.png express service.
   No b.png trains - use the a.png c.png d.png and/or q.png instead.
   m.png service runs between Metropolitan Av and Delancey-Essex Sts only.
   q.png service runs between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 57 St-7 Av only.
   No z.png service - use the j.png instead, which runs between Jamaica Center-Parson/Archer and    Chambers St.

Expect longer travel times.

1st of all - The (M) should've been sent to Chambers and the (J) should go to Broad St

2nd- (5) should remain in service

3rd- The (6) remains local all times.

4th- They said Sunday schedule, make the (E) go Express and the (F) go local since the (M) won't be running via the QBL as today is still rush hour.

?

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they are running on SUNDAY schedules, not some kind of special modified schedule. The (M) runs from Middle Village to Essex on Sunday, and that is how they are running today. The (B)(Z) do not run on Sundays, and they aren't running today. There is no <6> and <7> on Sunday, and therefore there is no Pelham/Flushing Exp today. The (E)(F) run express on normal Sundays and that is how they are running today. The (5) runs to Bowling Green on Sundays, and that is how they are running today. Get the gist of what I'm saying? Trains simply running a normal Sunday schedule, as if today was Sunday. Plain and simple.

There are no kids in school today and a majority of adults are staying home from work so there is no real point to run weekday service (ie. extending the (5) )

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

A few notes.

Most (6) trains are being signed as <6> trains and appear that way on the monitors, which is odd.

The (J) is running to Chambers, not Broad.

The (M) is running to Essex, but with 8-car trains.

R32s and R42s are running on the (J).

R42s are kinda normal for the weekend, but everything else is headshaking.....

What's wrong with that? It's great. Riders can easily reach any (J) stations in Brooklyn or Queens from Manhattan. Can't wait for the Fulton and Broad to be open at all times.

I dont mean to be a pain the a$$, but why IS Broad Street closed half of the time?

On another note:

Im installing some LED's on my R142 (4) Strip Map that Im gonna hook up to my sound board and my computer so I can program everything to act like a real subway car.

And since the R142A's are getting converted, does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the R142 (6) strip maps?

On another note:

Im installing some LED's on my R142 (4) Strip Map that Im gonna hook up to my sound board and my computer so I can program everything to act like a real subway car.

And since the R142A's are getting converted, does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the R142 (6) strip maps?

Wait, did you get ur hands on a strip map and removed it from a set?

I'm surprised the R188's are lower than the R160's, unless it's including the conversions, then it wouldn't suprise me. Also seems strange the "A" versions of cars have a lower MBDF, unless it's because they are used more?

That is the case with the R62/As, all of the 62s are on a part time line where's the 62As run on three 24/7 routes.

The R188 MDBF peaked at 2 million.... must be lumping them in with the conversion sets is probably why its at 230,000.

I'm surprised the R188's are lower than the R160's, unless it's including the conversions, then it wouldn't suprise me. Also seems strange the "A" versions of cars have a lower MBDF, unless it's because they are used more?

Like trainfan22 said, you gotta remember, the breakdown rates of each car are actually based on the lines they currently run on (whether it's a part-time line or a full-time line), including other cases such as CBTC or the age of a car itself. Any CBTC-related problem on the (L) counts as a breakdown as well.