SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing trains will be running through the night, but no customers are allowed. So trains are in service making phantom stops since no one can get into the system?

Really? That sounds bizarre and unlikely. Are you sure it's not just the trains that left before the 11pm cutoff finishing their trips running light?

Really? That sounds bizarre and unlikely. Are you sure it's not just the trains that left before the 11pm cutoff finishing their trips running light?

I'm not out there, but there's new trains coming out from the Bronx on the Subwaytime app. From the grapevine, NYCT is running empty trains even though they're not allowed to let customers into the system.

Anyone pass by a subway station after 11 pm? I'm curious if they have closed off the turnstiles, because the SubwayTime tracker is showing a ton of trains arriving and departing.

They do run OOS trains underground during shut downs (e.g. during the transit strike) to prevent the rails from corroding or something like that.

Anyone pass by a subway station after 11 pm? I'm curious if they have closed off the turnstiles, because the SubwayTime tracker is showing a ton of trains arriving and departing.

They do run OOS trains underground during shut downs (e.g. during the transit strike) to prevent the rails from corroding or something like that.

Yep. Happened to catch the last northbound (D) Train back home. Was also the last in service train through CPW

*wakes up after salt truck goes by*

*looks up SubwayTime, then listens for train to go by a block away*

Yep.. the (4) train is running.

What a flop of a snowstorm in the Bronx though. At this rate, we'll be back to a Sunday schedule by noon on the subways. Buses might end up back by the evening. SOL if you're taking the Railroads.

*back to bed*

With the lifting of the travel ban, all nine MTA Bridge & Tunnel facilities are now open to passenger vehicular traffic.

Service remains suspended on MTA Long Island Rail Road, MTA Metro-North Railroad, MTA NYC Transit Bus and Subway Service -- including Staten Island Railway (SIR).  Assessments on the bus, rail and subway network are being performed. 

Source: http://alert.mta.info