SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a look at the schedule for the (2) and (5) as well. If the (4) is also running while the (3) is, that would mean that for a short stretch of time, the (2), (3), (4), and (5) are all sharing a short stretch of track east of Franklin Avenue. That can't be good.

Another flaw right there. The (MTA) really needs to be quite careful when it comes to scheduling.

cleardot.gifSelect Languagecleardot.gifcleardot.gif

Subway and Bus Service During Storm Juno

Subways and Staten Island Railway

Personnel are in place to clear platforms and stairs of snow and ice.  However, if customers must travel, they are urged to use extreme caution.  As conditions worsen, NYC Transit may temporarily suspend service on outdoor, open cut sections of the system (b.pngn.png, and q.png Lines in Brooklyn; a.png and 7.png Lines in Queens; 5.pngLine in the Bronx; and Staten Island Railway) to dispatch de-icers and snow blowers along these sections where heavy accumulation can occur.

Plan 5 isn't definite though, right? I haven't found any sources that say it's the plan and the subways will be switched off.

It's definite. Why wouldn't it be? The forecast is now 24-36 inches. This will likely be the worst blizzard in city history. A subway shutdown though, that's different.

Nice ride on the Lex yesterday morning.

Rode an R62A (6) (Finally!).

Saw the R62A (4). I was like, wait, an R62A? Why is the (6) express? Oh! It's a (4)!

Saw an R62A (6) right behind the (4).

Was about to take the R62A (6) going home at Canal St, but didn't have connection to (7).

Took the R62A (7). I thought it was supposed to be mostly R188s...

Edited by MTA Dude

Oh sh!t, I gotta get home like NOW.
Is metro north affected?

What do you think? Do you really think this storm isn't going to affect Metro-North?

Everything under the MTA banner is shutting down late this evening.

Edited by Lance

Oh my god, I'm standing in this freezing weather in Brooklyn waiting for a dam bus that should have shown up 45 minutes ago... I doubt I'm gonna make it home in time since Bee-Line bus service is already Suspended. Hopefully I'll get to the metro north station before 11.

Oh my god, I'm standing in this freezing weather in Brooklyn waiting for a dam bus that should have shown up 45 minutes ago... I doubt I'm gonna make it home in time since Bee-Line bus service is already Suspended. Hopefully I'll get to the metro north station before 11.

Well, good luck. Have you tried car service or taxi?

Well, good luck. Have you tried car service or taxi?

No way those things are WAY over priced. And I'm still stuck in this freezing weather. BusTime keeps saying there's a bus approaching but there isn't! I chose the wrong day to go RailFanning.

No way those things are WAY over priced. And I'm still stuck in this freezing weather. BusTime keeps saying there's a bus approaching but there isn't! I chose the wrong day to go RailFanning.

This is what you get for not listening to weather warnings.....

I almost find it hard to believe that you're actually out here for leisure... you should have been home hours ago. I came into work at 6AM and was home by 12PM

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

Nice ride on the Lex yesterday morning.

Rode an R62A (6) (Finally!).

Saw the R62A (4). I was like, wait, an R62A? Why is the (6) express? Oh! It's a (4)!

Saw an R62A (6) right behind the (4).

Was about to take the R62A (6) going home at Canal St, but didn't have connection to (7).

Took the R62A (7). I thought it was supposed to be mostly R188s...

I have yet to catch an R188. Anytime I take the (7)an R62 shows up.

As expected, <6> express service is not running and all (6) trains are making local stops. (5) express service in the Bronx seems to still be running, and everything else seems to be normal.

Nope, express service on 7th Ave is starting to decrease. (2) and (3) trains are starting to run local and that switch problem is STILL happening at 242 Street. They need to make free shuttle buses because I am not walking out in This weather from Dyckman to 225 Street.

Nope, express service on 7th Ave is starting to decrease. (2) and (3) trains are starting to run local and that switch problem is STILL happening at 242 Street. They need to make free shuttle buses because I am not walking out in This weather from Dyckman to 225 Street.

just go to 242 st and go back downtown