SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To load it onto the flatbed truck? I will just rent one, and then have it sit outside my house till I can get my garage clean. Its gonna cost me somewhat between 1$ and 100$, but I can spend that much.

And does anyone what would be the appropriate department to call in the MTA Headquarters phone number about buying a subway car?

Hopefully, I can preserve this subway car since there are only 4 left 

lol, you must be joking? $100 on a flatbed truck.... lol

To load it onto the flatbed truck? I will just rent one, and then have it sit outside my house till I can get my garage clean. Its gonna cost me somewhat between 1$ and 100$, but I can spend that much.

And does anyone what would be the appropriate department to call in the MTA Headquarters phone number about buying a subway car?

Have you factored in the cost of insurance and permits yet? Do you have the proper permits from your county/local government to place this subway car on your property ? Will this purchase be donated to a non-profit museum or some other entity? Have you thought about the federal, state and local tax implications at all ? Do you have a homeowner's insurance policy that will cover this ? There's a reason why most purchases of subway/railcars are done by museums and not individuals. Think about it.

lmao I'm not sure if you're joking around or if you have gone full retard

Lmaoooo...I really hope he's joking

REALLY!!!! Sit a subway car outside your house...

I just HAVE to ask:

The guy who purchased the redbird and placed it in front of The Queens BoroHall, does anyone know what number he called? It becuase I want to see if I could buy (Or See) the R110B in 207 Street Yard.

Sometimes, I wonder if you're playing dumb around here, because quite frankly, I hope it is an act.

Seriously though, that car was donated to Queens Borough Hall.

sorry if this a repost

i was looking at track maps in the (6) city hall loop area, i noticed there are two tracks that goes under the loop. does anyone know where it take you to? or any info on that tracks?

Apparently they used to merge with the downtown express track but now they end at bumper blocks and are used for layups.

Hold up, since when was the connection to the SouthBound lower level at 42 Street severed?

I believe when the aqueduct special stoped running in the 1980's.

The last service was run in 1981 but the connection wasn't severed until later. The entrances were sealed in 1998 and 1999 and as per my reference " A report in the September, 1999 Bulletin of the New York Division ERA reports that the lower level track D-3 from north of 42nd St. all the way to 34th St. is now permanently out of service."

So. There's that.

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Station:_42nd_Street-Port_Authority_Bus_Terminal_(8th_Avenue)

The last service was run in 1981 but the connection wasn't severed until later. The entrances were sealed in 1998 and 1999 and as per my reference " A report in the September, 1999 Bulletin of the New York Division ERA reports that the lower level track D-3 from north of 42nd St. all the way to 34th St. is now permanently out of service."

So. There's that.

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Station:_42nd_Street-Port_Authority_Bus_Terminal_(8th_Avenue)

D3 splits into A1 (local track) and A3 (express track) and becomes A5 through the lower level. South of the station, it splits into A1 and A3.

There's still a homeball still standing (the one that governed the 2nd split) that labels it as A5.

Yeah that might be inka. My friend thinks Inka literally touched the 3rd Rail at City Hall Loop to get to the platform. How did he not get electrocuted? Is the 3rd Rail covered by a cover that can be stepped on?

Common sense says that the non-shiny bits covering the metal rail underneath may not be conductive. And with my two eyes, I've seen track workers sit on the third-rail cover with feet resting on the running rails. I'm sure they're still alive. They seemed fine sitting there.

So that means the cover under and above the 3rd Rail aren't conductive? Because if you go to YouTube and search Urban Exploration New York City Underground you see the guy clearly is able to climb on it without getting the life zapped out of him.

Yeah that might be inka. My friend thinks Inka literally touched the 3rd Rail at City Hall Loop to get to the platform. How did he not get electrocuted? Is the 3rd Rail covered by a cover that can be stepped on?

Common sense says that the non-shiny bits covering the metal rail underneath may not be conductive. And with my two eyes, I've seen track workers sit on the third-rail cover with feet resting on the running rails. I'm sure they're still alive. They seemed fine sitting there.

So that means the cover under and above the 3rd Rail aren't conductive? Because if you go to YouTube and search Urban Exploration New York City Underground you see the guy clearly is able to climb on it without getting the life zapped out of him.

Yes, the cover on top of the 3rd rail is not conductive. But you probably shouldn't sit or stand on it. In fact you shouldn't even go near the 3rd rail. Actually, stay off the roadbed entirely.