SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of announcements, does anyone know when the MTA will do auditions for announcements like for the (Q) to 96 Street or the (T) or the Closing Doors or something like that? I would like to try out!

(Q) to 2nd Avenue announcements

As far as the (T) goes: It's not even a sure thing yet, at least until they commit to building south of 63rd Street. It would be wiser for them to have (F) reroute announcements via 2nd Avenue in the semi-unlikely event an (F) gets stuck precisely between 57th/6th and Roosevelt Island.

What's wrong with this sign? 

ServiceStatusFail_zpsd085a846.jpg

The crew probably put in an (A) line program from starting out in the Rockaways.

The 143s probably don't have an (A) via the (L) line program. Also the C/R changed it to the regular (L) line program shorty after the doors opened, so you wouldn't have heard the announcements anyway.

That was an (L) train at East 105 Street. The sign was simply changed to (A). I've seen R143 display (A) before in ENY Yard. 

Huh, weird. It's displaying the (F) under the (G) for some reason.

I may as well point it out since no one is getting it. The sign reads " Southbound (G) trains are running express from Bergen Street to Church Avenue". That's physically impossible as the (G) can't switch to the express track before Bergen Street. This is unless the (G) decides to skip Carroll Street and Smith-9 Street on the local track, but that wouldn't make any sense as the problem seems to be on the local track in the first place. 

I just HAVE to ask:

The guy who purchased the redbird and placed it in front of The Queens BoroHall, does anyone know what number he called? It becuase I want to see if I could buy (Or See) the R110B in 207 Street Yard.

E mail the MTA, a link to there E mail address is probably on there website somewhere.

Ok so you (hypothetically) buy it for a dollar...

...now how you gonna move it off the property? You gonna be spending a few thousand

To load it onto the flatbed truck? I will just rent one, and then have it sit outside my house till I can get my garage clean. Its gonna cost me somewhat between 1$ and 100$, but I can spend that much.

And does anyone what would be the appropriate department to call in the MTA Headquarters phone number about buying a subway car?

Hopefully, I can preserve this subway car since there are only 4 left 

To load it onto the flatbed truck? I will just rent one, and then have it sit outside my house till I can get my garage clean. Its gonna cost me somewhat between 1$ and 100$, but I can spend that much.

And does anyone what would be the appropriate department to call in the MTA Headquarters phone number about buying a subway car?

Hopefully, I can preserve this subway car since there are only 4 left 

Would like to see how this turns out.