SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

What delays? It would be the same exact thing like you have at Bowling Green.

Not really....

The (6) trains end at City Hall. If a (6) was to come in at the same as a <6> if it was express at Canal Street, the two lines would have to wait for one to pass for the other to terminate.If a <6> was waiting at the express tracks, that would mean that the (4) and (5) would have to wait for the <6> to go, causing delays.

Let's not forget 125th Street. The crossovers would have all the lines delayed because they are waiting for one train to pass for the other line to continue it's route.

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats where this comes in:

The <6> runs local between 125 Street and 86 Street so it docent cause delays for the (4)(5). The maximum number of trains per hour for the <6> in Manhattan is 10 so there won't be much delays.

And how can that happen? There are no crossovers between local and express tracks between 125th Street and 42nd Street.

Even then, the track capacity is maxed out on the Lex. The only way any (6) trains are going to run express on Lexington the most efficiently (other than emergency reroutes) is by effectively having the (4) / (5) swap with the (6) (ie: 4/5 to Brooklyn Bridge via local, 6 to Utica and 6X to Flatbush via express), and we're not just going to change service just because with no net gain.

The service pattern is fine as is and has been for 100 years, and will be for 100 more. What is needed is more capacity, but in the meantime I hear they're going to add more platform C/R's. IDK what that will accomplish, but that's the new plan supposedly.

Speaking of switching, how come the (2) and (5) always switch terminals or lines? I think of them as a married couple. This is what I think of the subway lines:

(1) = Lone Wolf, broke up with (9)

(2) = Married to (5)

(3) = Lone wolf

(4) = Brother to (5), sister to (6)

(5) = Brother to (4), sister to (6), married to (2)

(6) = sister to (4)(5).

(7) = Brother to <7>

<7> = Brother to (7)

(9) = Broke Up with (1), moved to the train yard in the sky.

(A) = Brother to (C).

Just because I don't want to spam, should I go on?