SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Anyway, I did a little snooping on that Polo Grounds Shuttle, but all I found was the spur that leads off the (4) line. I tried following the ROW but it would give me dead ends. After the Polo Ground Shuttle left the (4) line, it went through the spur and into Anderson Ave, altough I dont see anything due to the large stadium in front of me. I cant even find the Anderson station. I tried going through Sedgwick Ave Station, but both tunnels are completely sealed off. How did the Polo Ground Shuttle Tour manage to do it?

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel pity for anyone who's been riding the (4) or (6) trains this weekend... No (5) trains, the (4) is not running south of Brooklyn Bridge while the part that is running is making all local stops, and there's an event at Yankee Stadium today. One of the downsides to running a 24/7 system in a 24/7 city I guess...

[sarcasm] Maybe it's a conspiracy: by capping weekend subway service, enough people can be driven to take the LIRR/MNRR/Express bus and the MTA can make more money off those fares. [/sarcasm]

I feel pity for anyone who's been riding the (4) or (6) trains this weekend... No (5) trains, the (4) is not running south of Brooklyn Bridge while the part that is running is making all local stops, and there's an event at Yankee Stadium today. One of the downsides to running a 24/7 system in a 24/7 city I guess...

[sarcasm] Maybe it's a conspiracy: by capping weekend subway service, enough people can be driven to take the LIRR/MNRR/Express bus and the MTA can make more money off those fares. [/sarcasm]

Yeah, my train had to wait 20 Minutes at 161 Street for the fans to get on/off the train, on/off the train, on/off the train…...

I mean if one runs on the (A) 5 days a week, and the (A) is all IND, shouldn't that tell you something?

Or the fact that the R68's dominate the IND and there is only an R68 on the (N) every now and then.

Also, Javier you should buy a camera or take a picture of these things. Cause for now it's "no picture no proof."

I can do my homework and I live in Yonkers any the Transit high School is in Brooklyn.

The edge of Brooklyn, damn near near Queens. If you live in Yonkers, you're probably not gonna be able to get into a NEW YORK CITY public school for the simple fact that you're outside of NYC jurisdictions.

I used to work in Yonkers. The commute was damn near 2 hours each way...I know damn well you not gonna spend 2 hours commuting to/from school just to play with a damn train