SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The (MTA) really needs to do some stuff to solve some stuff (I know, I said that weird). How about this:

1. Line Promotion Posters.

2. No Hobos on the Subway.

3. No Panhandling.

4. No Farebeating.

5. On lines with low intervals, schedule the more crowded train a minute behind the less crowded train.

6. STRICTER RULES!

This is what I would like to see from the (MTA).

My (1) train today had 2 hobos sleeping on the floor of 2 subway cars and everybody was scared to sit down in the same car until we came to Times Square where I saw police carrying the both of them out the subway car and started doing drug testson them.

But if one were to go into the work zone by accident, shoudlnt the signals be powered to stop it?

A rule when designing safety systems is that everything has to be designed so that it takes no effort to knock everything down to safe mode. Think of the most basic state of the system, and then design it from there so that active effort is required to convert it into an operational state. For example, a hammer on the ground is in its most basic state; it cannot potentially hurt you, because gravity ensures that it does not go up. A hammer in your hands is in its operational state; and you must make an effort to hold it firmly so it doesn't drop and crush your toes (or hurt someone below). Similarly, if the signals were in their most basic state—unpowered and nonfunctional—then the tripcocks would remain up by default. Only when powered should it be possible to bring the tripcock down. You can imagine a large spring that keeps the tripcock in its up position, and a green or yellow signal fighting to push it down so a train can pass.

In my quest to re swap the Brighton and West end service I would do this:

(B) 6 Avenue /West End Express 145 to Coney Island, running local from 168 St to Coney Island nights only

(D) 6 Avenue Express from 205 Street Bronx to Brighton Beach, Nights from 205 to 34 Street Manhattan for transfer to (Q)

Edited by 46Dover

(B) 6 Avenue /West End Express 145 to Coney Island, running local from 168 St to Coney Island nights only

(D) 6 Avenue Express from 205 Street Bronx to Brighton Beach, Nights from 205 to 34 Street Manhattan for transfer to (Q)

It won't work because 1. Why terminate the (D) to 34th Street and have the (B) run switch to the local tracks for just 2 STOPs.

2. Where's the Money for crews?

3. The (A) is local at night so if it can kinda messed up service when the (B) is discharging passengers at 168

It won't work because 1. Why terminate the (D) to 34th Street and have the (B) run switch to the local tracks for just 2 STOPs.

2. Where's the Money for crews?

3. The (A) is local at night so if it can kinda messed up service when the (B) is discharging passengers at 168

(A) express to 59 Street

(D) already has a yard at Concourse and (B) would need CI.

(A) express to 59 Street

Like Daniel said, apparently, you completely forgotten that the (C) is basically the shorten version of the (A). Once the short (A) stops running at night, the full one makes every stop.

Let's be real here and make things as easy to comprehend as possible. Shall we please?

This goes in the proposals thread...

You're over-serving Central Park West. The current setup with the B and D balances things out not only on the south end, but the north end as well.