SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nor do I wish him a safe recovery"?

You got something to prove here, man? Guy f**ked up, if every dumb choice young people made led to death we'd have nobody left alive.

No I don't have anything to prove. I just can't have any sympathy for people who do idiotic things like this.

By the way, my typos are due to my clumsy fingers and annoying spell-check.

For anyone who missed it today,

The New York Transit Museum's Facebook page posted this picture of inside R42 4572 up today:

1456517_10151797784123843_1841662970_n.j

Also a correction from them:

"***CORRECTION: The French Connection featured cars 4572-4573 (R42s) under the BMT West End Elevated on 86th Street in Bensonhurst, NOT these R36 cars*** Thanks for your comments!"

Interesting things that happened tonight:

1. The (E) train that I got on at 42 St at about 11:40 (tail car was 9686 I believe) was going express to Forest Hills via the local tracks.

2. I got off at about midnight and right behind it was an (F) train doing the same thing, but this was signed for Jamaica.

3. Five minutes later an (E) arrived on the express tracks. This one was Jamaica bound.

I didn't see any service changes or GOs happening at the moment so I thought funny that three QBL express trains in short succession arrived at this time of night.

The display on 8690 and 8842(?) displayed something unusual. A glitch, but both of them shared it. Under each station name that would ordinarily not show any transfer or connection (say for example, Broadway, 36th Avenue, 8th Avenue, Kings Highway) shows a transfer to the F and G. Literally, every single station that does not have a connection/transfer would show F*G. And 8690, underneath Coney Island, "showed N to Manhattan".

The display on 8690 and 8842(?) displayed something unusual. A glitch, but both of them shared it. Under each station name that would ordinarily not show any transfer or connection (say for example, Broadway, 36th Avenue, 8th Avenue, Kings Highway) shows a transfer to the F and G. Literally, every single station that does not have a connection/transfer would show F*G. And 8690, underneath Coney Island, "showed N to Manhattan".

Apparently the most recent update to the 160 program (addition of the S79 SBS on the R) has a slew of errors. Hopefully they address this sooner rather than later.

Caught one on the (R) that said you could transfer to the (1)(2)(3)(F)(L)(M) & PATH at 67 Av, then the (E)(F) & Q10 at 71 Av

The Queensbound (R) trains I've been taking in the PM have pretty much every day last week displayed transfers to the (1)(2)(3)(L) at every single local stop on the Queens Blvd Line. 

Queens Plaza shows transfers to the (E)(F) and (7). Roosevelt av shows... no transfers - other than buses. I don't know the bus routes well enough to tell how many errors there are, but I know the new Q70ltd doesn't stop at Queens Plaza like it showed. 

The announcements, of course, remained correct, however still I'm sure some novice riders would be really confused by this. Especially if some bright-eyed tourist visiting queens was like "Oh I can get on the 1 here! Awesome." "Nope".

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I saw a full 11-car R62A set passing through Times Square on the Broadway line, heading southbound.

I saw it too but i was at 57 St-7 Av

Now I wonder this - are the Redbirds (specifically the ones from Corona) even being used for these yard moves anymore?

Saw an R62/R62A on the (6) today(not sure which one). Is that permanent or just temporary?

My Parkchester train has been a 62A nearly every day this week. They're definitely out there, though the C/Rs seem utterly baffled by the express-local setup. You've got different cars showing the circle or the diamond, the front and the rear rollsign showing (6) and (6) Express, and a different rollsign destination in each car.