SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, (R) riders will be lucky next weekend:

Extended to 179

Express between 71 and Queens Plaza, 34 and Canal and via Manny B and AB and 59 St

Dude that’s as fast as it could possibly be. Well, its prob gonna crawl through the work zones so nvm.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

lol I was just going to say that. Each train will sit for several minutes, then run express.

lol I took the express (R) from Atlantic to 59th today.

Was pretty fast from Atlantic until 9th, then we slowed for workers at Prospect and 25th, then picked up speed again to 36th. From 36th until just before 45th, it was pretty fast then we slowed again for workers installing tactile platform edges at 45th and 53rd, and then it was normal to 59th.

I just don't understand why the (F) is going express after Parsons and not the (R). And the (F) via 53 and the (E) via 63

The (R) is going express after Parsons as well. It was listed under the extension of to 179th Street G.O.

As for the (E)(F) switch its happening due to the following work being done

Work being done at on the southbound local tracks between 47-50th Street, 42nd Street and West 4th Street.

Work being done on the Southbound 8th Avenue Local Tracks between Spring Street and WTC

And work being done on the Rutgers Street Tube Southbound and I believe electrical work being done at various locations south of Broadway Lafayette Street which is why the (E) will end at 34th Street-Herald Square during the G.O. 

Edited by Daniel The Cool

Can I ask who this "Kevin Satchell" is? All he does is posts pictures non stop of trains and buses like he is TSS or BSS or something. Better yet, he acts like those new ITRAC systems that bus time uses.

Btw if this ain't allowed I will delete it, just curious as to who he is.

Edited by Lawrence St

Can I ask who this "Kevin Satchell" is? All he does is posts pictures non stop of trains and buses like he is TSS or BSS or something. Better yet, he acts like those new ITRAC systems that bus time uses.

Btw if this ain't allowed I will delete it, just curious as to who he is.

I have seen him on fan trips.

Looks like MTA now rather double (2) service than keep the (5) running until AM rush service starts....

(2) trains will soon be going to BOTH South Ferry AND Flatbush Avenue at the same time. Soon they will also be going to BOTH 241 St AND Dyre Av at the same time....

Those are (5) trains going to and from 241 St. It's likely a glitch that shows them as the (2).

Those are (5) trains going to and from 241 St. It's likely a glitch that shows them as the (2).

No, both routes are running on 7 Av after 4:30am S/B, 5:00am N/B, they are both running as (2) trains with no Lexington (2) or (5) service. The (5) crews are still operating as '2' trains even after the Clark Street Tunnel has re-opened. Those trains should be running as (5) trains to Bowling Green like Friday nights.

'2' trains were leaving South Ferry until 5:44am, the first (2) leaving Flatbush going to 7 Av was 4:40am

Edited by GreatOne2k