SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Any train going into a relay except the 6 thru the loop, gets cleared of passengers. As far as the operation, I'm pretty sure the system is programmed for it,but thats for someone who knows for sure to answer. But I do know that an operator has to be In the operation cab even when its auto. So if the system operates it itself, once in the relay, the operator switches ends just as f it wasn't on cbtc

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Edited by Far Rock Depot

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any train going into a relay except the 6 thru the loop, gets cleared of passengers. As far as the operation, I'm pretty sure the system is programmed for it,but thats for someone who knows for sure to answer. But I do know that an operator has to be In the operation cab even when its auto. So if the system operates it itself, once in the relay, the operator switches ends just as f it wasn't on cbtc

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Actually, the (5) goes thru the loop but, gets cleared of passengers before heading to the other side of the station. 

There is a redbird work car on a siding between the Staten Island Railway's Stapleton and Clifton stations.

Which number? I really want to see this.

RD344. Ex-R22 7441. It's used as their de-icer car, and has been there for years now.

Edited by Turtle

IIRC, no because SIRT didn't use acid baths to clean off graffiti. 

You know, I always wondered how no one predicted that drenching the cars like that would shorten their structural lives.

On a semi-related note, how come the R42s aren't as bad? They have non-stainless underframes and they sure got their share of acid baths.

You know, I always wondered how no one predicted that drenching the cars like that would shorten their structural lives.

On a semi-related note, how come the R42s aren't as bad? They have non-stainless underframes and they sure got their share of acid baths.

The R42's don't have the carbon steel belts that the R44s had