SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wait your right, my bad.

But can someone explain why there's a (M) program to 47-50 Sts - Rockefeller Center?

(M) from Queens terminates at 47–50 Streets–Rockefeller Center using the switches south of 57 Street. It’s the only likely way to use that station as a terminal.

Why do they send (E) and (F) trains local to Jamaica after 10PM WHILE there are still (R) trains running? I mean really.

They must be doing construction on the express tracks after 10PM. It's really a pain since the (E) and (F) lines are very slow when they share the tracks with the (R). When that happens, I feel like taking the bus for to Jamaica instead of putting up with local service on those lines.

Why do they send (E) and (F) trains local to Jamaica after 10PM WHILE there are still (R) trains running? I mean really.

Maybe there was a large gap in (R) train service, or a GO. The (F) is never scheduled to run local along Queens Blvd, and the (E) is only scheduled to do so after midnight.

BTW, checking the (E) schedule, you can figure out when the trains are scheduled to run express by looking at the times between Queens Plaza & Roosevelt Avenue and noticing when they jump. So it looks like the times are as follows:

Weekdays

Southbound: 5:22 AM - 10:50 PM

Northbound: 5:53 AM - 11:38 PM

Saturdays

Southbound: 5:33 AM - 10:47 PM

Northbound: 6:09 AM - 11:31 PM

Sundays

Southbound: 5:14 AM - 10:50 PM

Northbound: 6:09 AM - 11:33 PM

Obviously, northbound times are out of WTC and southbound times are out of Jamaica Center. It's a shame they don't mention that on the schedules, when the first and last express trains are. If somebody is the type to actually use a schedule for the subway, then logic dictates that they would be the type of person to care about when the first and last express of the day is.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

So then they should terminate the ®'s at 57 and 7 or 179 st.

Yes the (4) is local beginning with the train due at Atlantic Around 9:45.Its Becuase of events at Barclays center.It used to be only when they had events then they just made it every night.This is only southbound .Northbound is express till about Midnight

Sometimes trains can get stuck behind 4 trains terminating at Utica but it's usually not so bad.

Yeah, it's because of the G.O. But then we get stuck behind terminating (R) trains, it's really annoying.

Those are the worst especially when service is running fine and you have serve rap (M) or (R) trains that are being cleaned and sent for layover. Sometimes we are stopping and waiting in the stations right after Roosevelt Ave but most of the time it starts at Woodhaven Blvd.

Right, then you're waiting at, and between stations until 71st Ave. It's bad enough that the (M) and (R) have that issue every night. You see the conga line as you pass by on the (E) and (F).

Perhaps a lower-level station would be a more permanent solution to this problem—a station with switches between revenue-service tracks as opposed to yard leads.

Perhaps a lower-level station would be a more permanent solution to this problem—a station with switches between revenue-service tracks as opposed to yard leads.

The (M) and (R) have to switch onto a lower level past the station. Then trains have to crossover and then reverse to go back onto the northbound side. I think the fact that the train has to wait for another train to move is the reason it is always so congested. The layout is horrible and I wish one of the local trains could go to 179th where there is space for another route to terminate at. The local should go express after 71st to 179th. I say have the (M) go to 179th since the (R) is very long already.

Edited by NewFlyer 230