SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep so access to 207th Street yard is closed this weekend due to a G.O. Heard from a friend about it but wasn't sure if it was true until I saw a couple (A) trains being laid up at 135 southbound spur tracks while riding the last (B) Train

Well that's a new one...What are they closing it for?

Yep so access to 207th Street yard is closed this weekend due to a G.O. Heard from a friend about it but wasn't sure if it was true until I saw a couple (A) trains being laid up at 135 southbound spur tracks while riding the last (B) Train

its been closed on weekends for the entire month. That's why the Holiday Train is staying at Pitkin

Well that's a new one...What are they closing it for?

Sandy related repairs and flood proofing for the yard leads and parts of the yard itself Edited by Dj Hammers

its been closed on weekends for the entire month. That's why the Holiday Train is staying at Pitkin

Sandy related repairs and flood proofing for the yard leads and parts of the yard itself

So is that why almost all of the museum trains aren't being stored at 207 St during the weekends? And are they using the R110A converts for these?

So is that why almost all of the museum trains aren't being stored at 207 St during the weekends? And are they using the R110A converts for these?

Flood proofing, not clearing out floods.

The trains are sill bring stored at 207, it's just that since the arnines are running on weekends this month, they'll sit in Pitkin for now. Once the last trip is over, it'll go to Pitkin again until that Monday when yard access opens up again

As some of you may recall, the (G) almost never ran to Forest Hills after 2001.  The MTA always claimed it was because of "maintenance".  But I just realized that's BS; cutting the (G) back to Court Square once the 63rd Street Connection opened was always their agenda and that's exactly what they implemented.  Pretty slick. 

Edited by R10 1989

As some of you may recall, the (G) almost never ran to Forest Hills after 2001. The MTA always claimed it was because of "maintenance". But I just realized that's BS; cutting the (G) back to Court Square once the 63rd Street Connection opened was always their agenda and that's exactly what they implemented. Pretty slick.

I thought it was after 2007/2008 when the (G) rarely went to Forest Hills-71st.

The whole plan was to get two express and two locals to serve Manhattan and the (F) going via 63rd made sense. There is no way for the (E) to connect to 8th Ave so that was out and if the local (V) now the (M) was to go through 63rd I don't think it would be used like it is now. Unfortunately it made sense to cut the (G) back because it only benefitted people either going to Brooklyn or just staying within Queens. So it's probably much easier to transfer to the (E) or (M) at court square.

Isn't this the reason why the (G) was suppose to be cut back to Smith - 9th Sts after a G.O but the MTA decided it was a good idea to have it terminate at Church Av.

Cutting the (G) back to Smith 9th St was a way the MTA could save money however due to construction it was extended to Church Ave. Since many people liked it the (G) was kept and the MTA was so close to cutting back to Smith 9th.

As some of you may recall, the (G) almost never ran to Forest Hills after 2001. The MTA always claimed it was because of "maintenance". But I just realized that's BS; cutting the (G) back to Court Square once the 63rd Street Connection opened was always their agenda and that's exactly what they implemented. Pretty slick.

I still have the final "G.O" poster they posted for it before they finally cut it on my wall. Back when the posters were orange.

It was a 24 hour G.O from April 10 straight to June 26 saying that they weren't serving Queens Blvd.

Sandy related repairs and flood proofing for the yard leads and parts of the yard itself

It wasn't closed last weekend though (December 12th Weekend) because I was out on the overnight that Saturday and the R32 (A) did a round trip to Far Rockaway before being sent back to the yard and I saw a couple of those (C) put ins from 207th Street yard that Sunday Edited by Daniel The Cool

What's this I've been hearing about an elevator being out of service at 125th (4)(5)(6) from January until October? That is not good at all if that's true.

Yup, it's true.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/125StElevatorClosure_Jan2016.htm

Around two weeks ago, I passed by Atlantic Ave on the (L) to see how much progress has been made, but it didn't look like much work has been completed. I find this troubling since there have been several weekends of (L) shutdowns.

Same thing for the Rockaway & Van Siclen stations on the (3). They are suppose to be done this month, but they look like they are nowhere near finish.

It wasn't closed last weekend though (December 12th Weekend) because I was out on the overnight that Saturday and the R32 (A) did a round trip to Far Rockaway before being sent back to the yard and I saw a couple of those (C) put ins from 207th Street yard that Sunday

I'll have to confirm whether or not it was closed last weekend, but regardless, the Holiday Train has been put away at Pitkin for every Holiday Train run.