SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow I could have sworn someone said that in order to balance out the mileage the R143's would appear on the (J) sometimes. Isn't it bad for a depot or yard to have the same one fleet for a real long time without some type of swap. I mean they only operated on the (L) so I'm sure they racked up high mileage since they are the majority on the (L) with littles breaks or time on other lines.

Question, why is the downtown platform at Mets - Willets Point so long?

Because it is. The (7) is 11-CAR FLEETS.

Oh wow I could have sworn someone said that in order to balance out the mileage the R143's would appear on the (J) sometimes. Isn't it bad for a depot or yard to have the same one fleet for a real long time without some type of swap. I mean they only operated on the (L) so I'm sure they racked up high mileage since they are the majority on the (L) with littles breaks or time on other lines.

The (J) 's keeping the R143's I assume, I still see them whenever I ride the (J) . Hell, sometimes I catch the same set in one day without hunting for it. Theres 3-4 sets currently on the (J) and also im seeing more R160's on the (L) , so there you go.

He is talking about the Manhattan bound platform, how towards the back, there is a fence and then the platform extends all the way back. My guess is that it probably gives access to some sort of staff area there, as some trains do terminate at Mets- Willets Point. 

Edited by R188 7857

On the R142 (1) train program, does a "Transfer is available to Metro North" announcement play at Marble Hill?

I suppose it does since it's close proximity to the station. Or maybe it's "Connection is available to Metro North".

Edited by jon2305

Is there still a set that did not get version 2 of the M60 SBS announcment?

Do you mean M86?

If so, yes. I rode it a few weeks back. Announced a (9) transfer at City Hall.

There was also a set that didn't have the update at all.

Ah, how good it was to see 'TO WAKEFIELD-241 ST' rather than 'TO WAKFLD-241'.

Edited by CKhaleel

My bad if this was mentioned before but why does the (E) never use R46's unlike the (F) and (R)? I've seen them on the (E) a few times years ago but you'd think since they come out the same yard they would use them. Even when Jamaica had R32's that ran mostly on the (E) it still never used R46's on a norm and the (F) was primarily R46 at the time. I know the (R) uses whatever is available and sometimes you're lucky to catch a R160. Why is Jamaica set up like that in the first place?