• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn near Queens

damn near

damn well

damn train

Spoken like a true New Yorker.

Damn (5) train. Good job, no DAMN   (4)(5) service from Brooklyn Bridge to Nevins Street, was caught in that mess (my train was stalled at 125 for quite some time. At least the (6) train arrived quickly, but seriously...

The (6) train got so packed though (although everyone stayed on the (4) because is was leaving "in 5 minutes", even though I don't buy that, because I've been through that way too many times. That's why I take the express, but I really did not feel like walking).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I finally found the R68A (N) train! Totally didn't see it coming.

Next step, ride it (which is in 10 years when it won't be in service anymore so never).

I was on it. The train operator was late and had to skip stops. Based on how he was operating the train, I wouldn't be surprised. Who waits leisurely behind a yellow signal until the next signal ahead turns green?

I was on it. The train operator was late and had to skip stops. Based on how he was operating the train, I wouldn't be surprised. Who waits leisurely behind a yellow signal until the next signal ahead turns green?

I would like that, but I wouldn't do it. And whoever says that the (N) is always late, you are correct. Two days ago, as a (Q) and an (R) passed, and that R68A (N) in the opposite direction, and also in the opposite direction, two ®'s and two (Q)'s, I waited about 20 minutes for my (N). I was hoping that trains would be an hour late and the R68A (N) would come back. Of course, not happening! :P

I had a weird dream last night: I was on a (1) train on the SB express track at 14 Street... But not on 7th Avenue, it was 14th Street-Union Square! The C/R said "this (1) train is still going to South Ferry, were stopping at Brooklyn Bridge, Fulton Street, Wall Street, Bowling Green, and South Ferry."

Who waits leisurely behind a yellow signal until the next signal ahead turns green?

T/O's tend to sit behind a yellow short of a platform if the next signal (usually mid-platform but sometimes not, whether there's a timer or not is irrelevant in most cases) is red, but they'll also wait at a yellow if they can't get all cars out of a station before the red signal or if they can't clear the switch (interlocking) before the red signal.

I defer to any NYCT employees here for the official answer.

I was walking in Times Square yesterday (I hate tourists... ugh!) And something caught my eye out of the window of the ASICS store on 42nd Street.  They have a real MTA train inside the store!  I want to say it's probably a R30.  It's painted in silver with the blue racing stipe.  It's cut in half, but it's basically untouched from the day it retired, with graffiti inside and outside the car, and they kept the old ads.  They even left the chairs and straphangers.  If anyone's interested, the address of the store is:

120 West 42nd Street

(sorry if this was posted before- I didn't feel like reading through 832 pages of random thoughts!)

Happy New Years,

Mike

They're way too low if you ask me

Anyone who does not have to wait for an (F) during the PM Rush should feel blessed

That' she cause the (F) is always getting DELAYED. Yesterday, I was coming into Herald Square, and there was an (F) sitting there. I was hoping it would leave before I came in so I could do some rail fanning on the (M). After it left, 30 seconds later, another train pulled into the station. It was an (F).