SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I remember the last time they did that G.O with R32s. Those were good times.

I can remember this too... The last time I ever saw a GO like this was because they needed to replace the double crossover switches at Jamaica-Van Wyck. I was still living in Queens at the time.

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember this too... The last time I ever saw a GO like this was because they needed to replace the double crossover switches at Jamaica-Van Wyck. I was still living in Queens at the time.

I believe it was 2006, when 32's on the (E) were the norm...wouldn't it be better to run shuttle buses?

I believe it was 2006, when 32's on the (E) were the norm...wouldn't it be better to run shuttle buses?

Well they have to take into account the generally high levels of ridership seen at Jamaica Center and Suphin Blvd because of LIRR Jamaica station along with the major bus routes that feeds into the Archer Avenue line. They probably felt it would be more cost effective. But yes they were activating these kinds of GOs since the late 1990's not just in 2006.

Now the (E) will go to 179 next weekend. With shuttle trains operating between Jamaica Center and Union Turnpike...I wonder if the finds will be updated

The FINDs are updated. I think they did that a few months ago after realizing none of the (E) to 179 Street during rush hour go express past 71 Avenue. 

Any news on when the (R) will be restored? I hear that R46 will be off the (F) completely when it does get restored.

No it won't. There aren't enough R160s to fully cover the entire (F) fleet. Remember in late June 2011, Jamaica sent some R160s to Coney Island to make the entire (N) fleet fully of those (like the (Q)), which gave the R68/68As to the (G), which in turn gave the R46s to the (F). The R46s will still be a minority in the (F) like before.

Edited by RollOver

I dont think operations planning has decided on an exact date. The forecast from the June CPOC if I remember correctly called for a delay in the reopening of the Montague tunnel as it is (unfinished electrical work). The structural work itself however should be completed.

Now the (E) will go to 179 next weekend. With shuttle trains operating between Jamaica Center and Union Turnpike...I wonder if the finds will be updated

I haven't been on that GO! I Better check that out! That will be a great sight! I have a feeling I won't be able to go

I remember the last time they did that G.O with R32s. Those were good times.

I look at a lot of the pics on nycsubway.org (I have seen most of them for the NYCS). That is how I Know about this GO and they were running with R32s.

Thats faaaast. That's one experienced T/O.

Yep, that was a nice T/O. I've had this T/O on the (7) twice with R188s and he would haul ass into stations, go halfway without braking and then just start braking like hell (OpenBVE style) to a stop.... I loved his rides. Also had one with different T/O who did the same, hauled ASS!

Yep, that was a nice T/O. I've had this T/O on the (7) twice with R188s and he would haul ass into stations, go halfway without braking and then just start braking like hell (OpenBVE style) to a stop.... I loved his rides. Also had one with different T/O who did the same, hauled ASS!

Ive had many on the (7) , (L) and Lexington Av Lines. The SMEES are fast too. Ive seen the R62A (6) going fast like once or twice.

Sorry for the confusion I mean you believe R62A can run fast better than R142A in (6)  <6> . lol.. You kidding.. I was in a R142A on (6)  <6> running express in Bronx .. I was in a front car T/O & I saw in front or farther distance saw a R62A that (6) cannot run in express in Bronx. Every each minute he have to stop every each signal in the tunnel.. Every T/O right to complaining anything to the train dispatcher.. He did complain why did he have stop every each signal.. I can heard there was a R62A front .. They might be mechanical problem on a R62A (6) if that true.. Cannot run express in Bronx..

Do the T/O's operate on multiple lines (as longer as they are qualified on the necessary trains) then?

I don't actually know, I assume they work one line and one line only until the next pick or so.

From my knowledge, they work on each line as needed. But I'm not sure. We should wait for a T/O here to confirm :)

Edited by DailyDose

The Sandy Damaged tunnels are set to open Starting with the (G) this weekend, and the (R) on the 14th (I believe)

(R) is not supposed to open till October, and the MTA still has Cranberry, Rutgers, 14th Street, Clark Street, and all those other tunnels.

There is still sandy work to be done with the Cranberry, Rutgers, Clark, and Joralemon etc right?

Yeah.

Edited by MTA Dude