SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean that bridge by Livonia on the (L) ? Used to do the same thing as I was a proud resident of Brownsville myself. Used to live off New Lots Ave. The neighborhood seems quiet nowadays compared to say ten years ago.

The area itself is not as bad as the news portrays it. Not like you're automatically gonna get shot or robbed every time you come out here

The area itself is not as bad as the news portrays it. Not like you're automatically gonna get shot or robbed every time you come out here

Well thats the deal. Too much media hype. In reality, everyone there is chillin'. I know which projects you are talking about, everyone there is alright, even the schoolkids are cool at least with me. 

The deal with me is as long as I can see you as a real NYer, you know you have my love and respect. With them the same applies, they actually could tell from my accent and mannerisms that  I am Brooklyn born and raised so the folks in Brownsville just give me just as much much respect. Never had problems there.

Now the idiot landlord of my apartment I had on Livonia thats another story, what a prick....

Edited by realizm

i notice this a lot lately and trying to figure out why they do this. During these kind of storm, why certain area where either northbound or southbound express train go local one way while in opposite direction of that spot it go express? Ie (D) train northbound run local from west 4 st to 34 street Herald sq. meanwhile southbound it express. 

I must say the section between Atlantic and Nevins during rush hour is a sight to see.

As well as seeing a (2) and a (5) pull into Atlantic at the same time, truly amazing.

Then all came crashing down when the (2) was crowded as hell...such an uncomfortable commute.

What's amazing about it?

The (2) will be stuck behind the (5) (and everything else that came through in the previous 10 minutes) at Rogers Avenue junction? That's the only moderately interesting thing that could happen.

What's amazing about it?

I didn't know a good way to explain it but here is my breakdown for it: Imagine you are lining up for a drag race and both cars are slowly inching to the line right next to each other. You are at the starting line waiting for the two to come up. I was in that position, and it's always a nice sight to see.

I didn't know a good way to explain it but here is my breakdown for it: Imagine you are lining up for a drag race and both cars are slowly inching to the line right next to each other. You are at the starting line waiting for the two to come up. I was in that position, and it's always a nice sight to see.

Oh I see lol. Theoretically the (5) should win, but things happen. 

I always noticed something about the Manhattan Bridge... the (N) and (Q) on the Manhattan Bridge with the R160's always beat the (B) and (D) with the hippos. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Edited by realizm

I always noticed something about the Manhattan Bridge... the (N) and (Q) on the Manhattan Bridge with the R160's always beat the (B) and (D) with the hippos. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Yeah. I'm more familiar with the north side, which has a LOT of timers, IIRC. Bridge traffic will pass by at twice the speed of the train at times. I can't remember paying attention to relative train speeds when R68/As were roaming Broadway in force, so I don't know if there was a difference back then, but there certainly is now.

Yeah. I'm more familiar with the north side, which has a LOT of timers, IIRC. Bridge traffic will pass by at twice the speed of the train at times. I can't remember paying attention to relative train speeds when R68/As were roaming Broadway in force, so I don't know if there was a difference back then, but there certainly is now.

Now that you mention it - true, it may be the installation of timers on the north side I was wondering about that being a factor. As to why? Its anyone's guess because the R68's are workhorses too, that's for sure. (Even though the R160's are technically faster but with 25 MPH GTs it wouldn't prove anything I guess)

Edited by realizm

I've seen the total opposite. I always see like 3 (D) trains beat a single (N) or (Q) train every time.

Strange, I never see this, because I suspect there are moire GT 25 timers on the north side of the bridge then on the south side. Trains on Broadway always seem to hit the bridge at higher speeds when I get home on the (N) or sometims (Q) to get to the (N) or (R) at Pacific Street (My home line being the Sea Beach...).

But train bunching with the (D), yes correct although its not as bad as it used to be on BMT 4th Ave. The T/Ds try dilligently to fix that by always giving the (N) priority once it hits the Dekalb Ave interlocking over all other lines.

Edited by realizm