SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I know I’ve been taking about this a lot. However I want to know . Is there anything that can be done about the train With brakes activated. It seems like there is a bunch of emails a day about it, I mean can something be done about it? 

• Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Abba said:

I know I’ve been taking about this a lot. However I want to know . Is there anything that can be done about the train With brakes activated. It seems like there is a bunch of emails a day about it, I mean can something be done about it? 

The thing is, it isn’t always the trains themselves. Sometimes, they hit things on the road that cause them to go BIE. 

52 minutes ago, Abba said:

Speaking of which.. A few hours ago I was on a (2) that went BIE between President and Franklin n/b. Not sure if the t/o hit a timer but the few words I was able to pick up from his radio chatter was "25 mph" and "last car".

34 St-Hudson Yards on the (7) is starting to see a change in sight: as in commute to sightseeing: there's a mall, events taking place at the Javits Center and a observation sight that's soon to open and a one-seat ride to buses out of state. Similar to WTC. 

Edited by Calvin

On 3/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, Interested Rider said:

It is the same thing with the "Caution; Bus is turning"

I feel like that's also a thing for visually impaired people, no? Same as the crosswalks that have noise indicators and buttons to alert people when it's safe to cross. 

What was going on last night on the Culver Line?  I was on the Belt and noticed traffic slowing drastically by CIY underneath the (F) tracks.  (MTA) workers were sawing through the metal but I doubt it was anything heavy considering there were probably only a dozen employees and two trucks there.  I'm on the Belt a lot more than I admit (have been doing so since I was a kid) and I never remember that structure being anything but rusty and looking like it was going to give.

7 hours ago, Joel Up Front said:

What was going on last night on the Culver Line?  I was on the Belt and noticed traffic slowing drastically by CIY underneath the (F) tracks.  (MTA) workers were sawing through the metal but I doubt it was anything heavy considering there were probably only a dozen employees and two trucks there.  I'm on the Belt a lot more than I admit (have been doing so since I was a kid) and I never remember that structure being anything but rusty and looking like it was going to give.

The (MTA) recently announced that they were inspecting all elevated structures after the incident on the (7). Simply put it, the workers are just making sure things are in shape and removing anything that can be hazardous to the cars and people below. 

11 hours ago, Enjineer said:

I feel like that's also a thing for visually impaired people, no? Same as the crosswalks that have noise indicators and buttons to alert people when it's safe to cross. 

I think that you are right about the "caution; bus is turning" but I think that there is another reason that is overlooked from a legal perspective. When a motorist comes out from the driver's seat at the same time a bus is coming out of the stop or making a turn, the driver's side door would get damaged.  I have seen this happen and even though it was quite a few years ago, once the police are called then the possibility of a law suit comes into play. By announcing that the bus is turning and the driver still opens the door, then the motorist has the problem.

11 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6815705/Subway-passenger-carries-30ft-metal-structure-beam-busy-train.html

New York City subway passenger manages to get a 30ft metal girder onto a busy train

What's more amusing (and annoying) is that other people actually helped him get that thing onto the damn train. If that beam slipped in any way either on the platform or in the train, someone could've gotten seriously injured. The subway is not a moving company for a reason.

3 hours ago, Lance said:

What's more amusing (and annoying) is that other people actually helped him get that thing onto the damn train. If that beam slipped in any way either on the platform or in the train, someone could've gotten seriously injured. The subway is not a moving company for a reason.

Not to mention it probably took him forever to get the damn thing on. I would be pissed if I was riding that, I have a feeling some people probably only helped them cuz they wanted the damn train to leave lol.

43 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Doubt that. The new plan has already been push down the throat so many times.

11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Well it has to be subway related because its Byford and Librera. What's really interesting is that Cuomo won't be there.