Q49 Thread! Should it be extended to the Whitestone Expressway/Linden Place Shopping Center?

Shortline Bus

Thought I make a thread about the Q49. I know it's basically a shuttle between 74th St/Bway ((E)(F)(M)(R)(7))Transit hub in Jackson Heights and East Elmhurst. It was recently renamed from the old Q19b in the Triboro Coach days.

Is this route crowded outside of rush hours? If not I always felt that since this is a very short route could it be extended say to the Whitestone Expressway Shopping centers (where Pathmark and the Movie Complex are)so that Jackson Heights/East Elmhurst could have a 1-seat ride to that area without having to transfer in Downtown Flushing.

This could be considered when the fiscal crisis end.

What you guys think?

From my experience about 2-3 times, I remember Q49 gets crowded just like Q33, Q47 buses.

At Victoor Moore Bus Terminal, there are mad line that strecht out of Q49 bus lane at 75th St side, line head back facing Broadway.

That why i asked Yuki. It designed to say take off overcrowding for riders to transfer between the College Point area and Jackson Heights/East Elmhurst at Main/Roosevelt.

I always thought the Q23 or 49 could get an extension to Flushing but since College Pt Depot Serves This Linden pl shopping Ctr thn the question should be a College pt new route that goes from College pt to 74 st hub .

Q19 svc Astoria Blvd - Q66 svc Northern so I think the Q49 wouldn't work but others I feel can.

I always thought the Q23 or 49 could get an extension to Flushing but since College Pt Depot Serves This Linden pl shopping Ctr thn the question should be a College pt new route that goes from College pt to 74 st hub .

Q19 svc Astoria Blvd - Q66 svc Northern so I think the Q49 wouldn't work but others I feel can.

Any route in area of Citifield/East Elmhurst/outskirts of LGA has to use either Northern Blvd or Astoria Blvd(GCP service)back forth to/from Flushing and connecting to the Van Wyck/Whitestone.

The purpose of a possible (Q49)extension would be to take riders off the busy (Q66) and (7) subway. Plus a 1-seat ride from Jackson Heights/East Elmhurst and the College Point area.

Any route in area of Citifield/East Elmhurst/outskirts of LGA has to use either Northern Blvd or Astoria Blvd(GCP service)back forth to/from Flushing and connecting to the Van Wyck/Whitestone.

The purpose of a possible (Q49)extension would be to take riders off the busy (Q66) and (7) subway. Plus a 1-seat ride from Jackson Heights/East Elmhurst and the College Point area.

Actually, the current routes that serve Whitestone SC are the (Q25) and 50

Actually, the current routes that serve Whitestone SC are the (Q25) and 50

Those are 'north-south' routes. There no current 'east-west' route serving that sc and movie theartre over there.

Extending the (Q66)is out of the question due to fact it's already a long route and very bus. Thus that why I think the (Q49)if off peak ridership is lighter should be considered.

Those are 'north-south' routes. There no current 'east-west' route serving that sc and movie theartre over there.

Extending the (Q66) is out of the question due to fact it's already a long route and very bus. Thus that why I think the (Q49)if off peak ridership is lighter should be considered.

The routing would be a bit complex if were to be extended to Whitestone. I never said anything about extending the (Q66) over there. There's not much over there anyway besides the movie theater, Pathmark and a bunch of other shops over there.

The routing would be a bit complex if were to be extended to Whitestone. I never said anything about extending the (Q66) over there. There's not much over there anyway besides the movie theater, Pathmark and a bunch of other shops over there.

Truth. Plus, there is no such demand for any extensions over there, so leave the Q49 as it is. LaGuardia already has it bad enough with the overkill of local routes + their own bus shortage.

lol @ mad lines... go get em, Yuki!

In any event, Q49's pick up as heavy as Q33's do sometimes... don't underestimate that route....

Although I never cared for that terminal over there on 101st (or w/e side street that is), I don't think the Q49 should be extended up there.... virtually no pax board along Astoria (blvd) anyway... matter fact, heading towards the subway, ppl. start to pile on at that first stop after it turns off astoria...

As was pointed out, there's really not much demand TO that area itself... it's rather dead if you ask me...

lol @ mad lines... go get em, Yuki!

In any event, Q49's pick up as heavy as Q33's do sometimes... don't underestimate that route....

Although I never cared for that terminal over there on 101st (or w/e side street that is), I don't think the Q49 should be extended up there.... virtually no pax board along Astoria (blvd) anyway... matter fact, heading towards the subway, ppl. start to pile on at that first stop after it turns off astoria...

As was pointed out, there's really not much demand TO that area itself... it's rather dead if you ask me...

Sure isn't. The area is kind of like Atlas Park

Archived