Bus Routes On Our Alphabet Avenues

EE Broadway Local

This is a list of bus routes that serve our alphabet avenues. I've always been interested in our alphabet avenues and now that I'm getting into buses, I've decided to make a list of bus routes on them.

(Please correct if I've made any mistakes. Thank You and Thank You for looking at this list. 70(EE))

Brooklyn's Alphabet Avenues:

• Avenue A: No buses

• Avenue B: B8 (B8) Ralph Avenue to Remsen Avenue

• Avenue C: No buses

• Avenue D: B8 (B8) Rogers Avenue to Kings Highway

• Avenue E: (Doesn't Exist (?))

• Avenue F: No buses

• Avenue G: (Doesn't Exist (?)) (Glenwood Road?))

• Avenue H: B6 (B6) Albany Avenue to Ralph Avenue; B103 (B103) Flatbush Avenue/Nostrand Avenue to Glenwood Road; BM2 Flatbush Avenue/Nostrand Avenue to Glenwood Road (B103 and BM2 serve Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue (2)(5))

• Avenue I: B11 (B11) 20th Avenue to Coney Island Avenue (B11 serves Avenue I (F) at McDonald Avenue)

• Avenue J: B6 Bay Parkway to Bedford Avenue; B11 Coney Island Avenue to Bedford Avenue (B6 and B11 serve Avenue J (B)(Q)

• Avenue K: BM1 Ocean Avenue to Ralph Avenue

• Avenue L: B9 (B9) Ocean Avenue to Flatbush Avenue; B17 (B17) (Part time service) East 80th Street to Remsen Avenue

• Avenue M: B9 Ocean Avenue to Ocean Parkway (B9 serves Avenue M (:P(Q)); B103 East 80th Street to East 105th Street; BM2 East 80th Street to East 105th Street

• Avenue N: B9 60th Street/McDonald Avenue to Ocean Parkway (B9 serves Avenue N (F) at McDonald Avenue); B41 (B41) Flatbush Avenue to Ralph Avenue (Avenue N becomes Veterans Avenue)

• Avenue O: No buses

• Avenue P: No buses

• Avenue Q: (Doesn't Exist (?) (Quentin Road?)) (B100 Kings Highway/East 16th Street to Nostrand Avenue/Gerritsen Avenue B100 serves Kings Highway (B)(Q))

• Avenue R: B2 (B2) B31 (B31) East 16th Street to Gerritsen Avenue [b31]/East 36th Street [b2]

• Avenue S: B2 East 36th Street to Flatbush Avenue

• Avenue T: B100 (B100) Fillmore Avenue to Mill Avenue

• Avenue U: B3 (B3) 86th Street/Stillwell Avenue to East 71st Street (B3 serves Avenue U (N) Avenue U (F) Avenue U (B)(D))

• Avenue V: No buses

• Avenue W: No buses

• Avenue X: B1 (B1) 86th Street/Shell Road to Ocean Parkway (B1 serves Avenue X (F)); BM3 Ocean Avenue to Batchelder Street

• Avenue Y: No buses

• Avenue Z: B4 Shell Road to Ocean Parkway; Eastbound Ocean Parkway to Coney Island Avenue; (Part time service) Coney Island Avenue to Ocean Avenue B36 (B36) Coney Island Avenue to Nostrand Avenue

Brooklyn Notes: Avenue U has the longest service with the B3.

Avenue B with the B8 and Avenue T with the B100 appear to have the shortest service.

The B9 is kind of like a staircase in that she serves portions of Avenue N, Avenue M, and Avenue L in succession.

The B17 doesn't serve Avenue L weekday middays, nights or weekends.

Brooklyn has 23 of the 26 letters represented; 15 of the 23 letter avenues have bus service.

Manhattan's Alphabet Avenues:

• Avenue A: M14A East Houston Street to East 14th Street

• Avenue B: Today No buses Formerly Avenue B And East Broadway

• Avenue C: M9 East Houston Street to East 20th Street; Northbound East 20th Street to East 23d Street; M14D East 10th Street to East 14th Street Formerly M14C and M21

• Avenue D: M14D East Houston Street to East 10th Street

Manhattan Notes: The Avenue B And East Broadway was a Private Bus Line until 1980. Today it's the M9.

Until 1928, York Avenue was Avenue A. York Avenue is served by the M31.

An interesting thing is that the current M14D used to never serve Avenue C at all.

Avenue C from East 10 St to East 14 St used to be served by (other than the former M21) the M14C. The former M14D traveled all the way up Avenue D to East 14 St (through the Con Ed plant). But sometime after 9/11, they considered that area a "high level threat" and they rerouted it to its current patteren (other than that area, the buses wew literally the same, sot of like the old Bx25/Bx26)

But Brooklyn has an actual Avenue C. Avenue C runs from Dahill Road to Coney Island Avenue and is between Beverley Road and Cortelyou Road.

And I need to issue a correction: Avenue F also runs from Dahill Road to Coney Island Avenue and is between Ditmas Avenue and 18th Avenue. :( :eek: :cry:

Thank you for catching that. :tup: With the B82 (B82) westbound only between East 21st Street and East East 18th Street, that makes Avenue P the letter avenue with the shortest bus service in Brooklyn. And it looks like Quentin Road (Avenue Q (?)) also has the B7 (B7) westbound only between Kings Highway and Coney Island Avenue.

Avenue P has the B82 westbound only between East 21st St and East 18th St.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived